Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 06:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are pretty much beating this horse to death.

We will eventually learn how many shots were actually fired by counting the brass from the room. There are also reports he had more than one kind of ammunition in the suite.

And if he fired as many rounds as it appears he may well have hit two people with a single round. I have no reason to doubt your analysis that the bullet did not pass fully through a human and then hit someone else but it might well have passed through an inch or two of soft tissue and then gotten someone else.

Did you ever figure out how the trigger on a bump stock works?
Because of a lie from a "profiler" instills fear in the general public.

At 400-500 yards as I said before. A grazing wound is one thing. That round doesn't have the energy to go through multiple bodies. It doesnt.

There is no trigger on a bump stock. There's a trigger in the lower receiver.
Gee I'd hope to know... lol I had 1.

Still had to squeeze the trigger
If you leave your finger stationary it was inconsistent in rate. Pull the trigger and leave tension just enough tension on the trigger while pulling forward the rate was more consistent as the travel of the trigger was reduced to reset. Not full motion of a stock GI trigger.

My 3 gun trigger in a black rain ordinance fired just as fast as a bump stock on a entry level DPMS. Only the buffer tube got a little mushroomed on the DPMS and accuracy was craptastic at best...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 06:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Because of a lie from a "profiler" instills fear in the general public.

At 400-500 yards as I said before. A grazing wound is one thing. That round doesn't have the energy to go through multiple bodies. It doesnt.

There is no trigger on a bump stock. There's a trigger in the lower receiver.
Gee I'd hope to know... lol I had 1.

Still had to squeeze the trigger
If you leave your finger stationary it was inconsistent in rate. Pull the trigger and leave tension just enough tension on the trigger while pulling forward the rate was more consistent as the travel of the trigger was reduced to reset. Not full motion of a stock GI trigger.

My 3 gun trigger in a black rain ordinance fired just as fast as a bump stock on a entry level DPMS. Only the buffer tube got a little mushroomed on the DPMS and accuracy was craptastic at best...
You still don't understand it...But just to show the other readers how far off you are here is the Wikipedia article with the animation that I would think almost any one could follow. Squeezing the trigger hard enough will certainly interfere with the cycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_fire

Old 10-19-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
You still don't understand it...But just to show the other readers how far off you are here is the Wikipedia article with the animation that I would think almost any one could follow. Squeezing the trigger hard enough will certainly interfere with the cycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_fire
No chit sherlock! Can you comprehend leaving enough pressure on the trigger so that it is not going full cycle? That I left enough pressure on it at reset and not from full travel? Or is that too difficult to understand?

I guess it is...

I owned one. Did you?

Old 10-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Lol that isn't even an AR in the animation LOL AKs have a further length of travel on the trigger than an AR. Unless you throw a tapco in...

Old 10-19-2017, 06:53 PM

Guess it's really hard to understand what take up is in a trigger and what the reset point is Mr engineer...
Please do try again.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
No chit sherlock! Can you comprehend leaving enough pressure on the trigger so that it is not going full cycle? That I left enough pressure on it at reset and not from full travel? Or is that too difficult to understand?

I guess it is...

I owned one. Did you?
Never fired one. Might try it if I come across one along the line. But again the belt loop and the rubber ban and perhaps the right force on a 3 trigger might all work.. So what? Our perpetrator appeared to be simply bump stock equipped as far as we now know. So why look at other possibilities? And I would virtually guarantee you that holding the trigger back will prevent the reset and break the cycle. There may be some intermediate pressure that actually speeds it up...particularly with a thing like the 3 trigger...but that would be unlikely to be present in this case. He could also have modified his weapons for full auto but apparently did not.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Never fired one. Might try it if I come across one along the line. But again the belt loop and the rubber ban and perhaps the right force on a 3 trigger might all work.. So what? Our perpetrator appeared to be simply bump stock equipped as far as we now know. So why look at other possibilities? And I would virtually guarantee you that holding the trigger back will prevent the reset and break the cycle. There may be some intermediate pressure that actually speeds it up...particularly with a thing like the 3 trigger...but that would be unlikely to be present in this case. He could also have modified his weapons for full auto but apparently did not.
No it wont. You'll have inconsistent rate of fire if you allow full travel on the trigger, but don't take my word for it...

Think of it just like IDPA with pistols. Do you allow the trigger to go full range of motion or up until it resets? I disciplined to reset for faster follow up shots. Same rule applies with a bump stock equipped on the AR I had. Was good for mag dumps. 50 yards I was lucky if 12-15 rounds made it inside a man sized silhouette target as the rifle is moving front to back along with muzzle rise. A real M16 on the other hand that's a different story. That's far more accurate than a bump stock as the only factor you are fighting is muzzle rise.

Why look at other possibilities go back further in the thread where middle age mom is convinced by misinformation that the round is not only powerful devastating and tumbling... but cuts through multiple bodies. At a range of 400-500 yards

She's obviously convinced even went as far to admit she doesn't know physics nor anything about firearms. This I have a problem with, not with her, but her sources. They use opinion for others that don't know any better to interpret as fact when this just isn't so...

So I ask her honestly if she believes it. I calculate everything out.
Still convinced on this profiler's opinion based around a lie. So if she wants to believe that a 223 can go through multiple bodies then she has to believe there was a shooter closer than the 32nd floor at Mandalay bay. Bullets do not pick up speed nor weight. It's very basic physics and math. So if she believes the profiler, then she believes there was a shooter closer to the crowd since at the ranges he fired, the round does not have the kinetic energy to punch through multiple bodies.

Nor does it tumble... if it does, your twist rate is incorrect for the grain projectile you are shooting, or your barrel is shot out/smooth bore.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
No it wont. You'll have inconsistent rate of fire if you allow full travel on the trigger, but don't take my word for it...

Think of it just like IDPA with pistols. Do you allow the trigger to go full range of motion or up until it resets? I disciplined to reset for faster follow up shots. Same rule applies with a bump stock equipped on the AR I had. Was good for mag dumps. 50 yards I was lucky if 12-15 rounds made it inside a man sized silhouette target as the rifle is moving front to back along with muzzle rise. A real M16 on the other hand that's a different story. That's far more accurate than a bump stock as the only factor you are fighting is muzzle rise.

Why look at other possibilities go back further in the thread where middle age mom is convinced by misinformation that the round is not only powerful devastating and tumbling... but cuts through multiple bodies. At a range of 400-500 yards

She's obviously convinced even went as far to admit she doesn't know physics nor anything about firearms. This I have a problem with, not with her, but her sources. They use opinion for others that don't know any better to interpret as fact when this just isn't so...

So I ask her honestly if she believes it. I calculate everything out.
Still convinced on this profiler's opinion based around a lie. So if she wants to believe that a 223 can go through multiple bodies then she has to believe there was a shooter closer than the 32nd floor at Mandalay bay. Bullets do not pick up speed nor weight. It's very basic physics and math. So if she believes the profiler, then she believes there was a shooter closer to the crowd since at the ranges he fired, the round does not have the kinetic energy to punch through multiple bodies.

Nor does it tumble... if it does, your twist rate is incorrect for the grain projectile you are shooting, or your barrel is shot out/smooth bore.
You are building a straw man. MAM has not endorsed the views of the profiler as far as I can see. You are simply raising a side issue as a classical man of straw. He is outside his expertise and likely wrong. So you pointed that out once. This must be the fifth time.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 PM

465 posts, read 235,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"The Ellen Show is not owned or produced by MGM."

Not to say that there's no connection; in fact...

"Ellen's production company, A Very Good Production, is helmed by Jeff Kleeman. Prior to serving as the president of A Very Good Production, Kleeman served as the Executive Vice President of Production for MGM/UA, where he played a key role in revitalizing a stagnant James Bond franchise (Ironically, Kleeman was also responsible for MGM's acquisition of "Leaving Las Vegas", a film whose main character is a suicidal alcoholic, much like Paddock).

Kleeman left MGM in 1999 but returned in 2007 as Executive Vice-President of Motion Picture Production. He became president of A Very Good Production in 2012. Although we can't confirm it, it's probably safe to say that, as a former MGM exec, Kleeman still owns plenty of stock in MGM Holdings, Inc. and possibly MGM Resorts International stock. It shouldn't matter that MGM Holdings and MGM Resorts International are two separate entities-- they are both two sides of the same coin. Much like Harvey and Bob, what's bad for one Weinstein is bad for another.

And the stock prices prove this point. Shares of MGM Resorts International stock plummeted after the Mandalay Bay shooting and continues to sink for days, only to rise again on Tuesday, October 17-- the very same day Ellen DeGeneres announced that she would be interviewing Jesus Campos."
These are interesting facts if true.

Here is another angle: Jesus Campos is a prime witness, and yet he enters an interview, where Ellen asks him questions, suggesting things to him checking his story.

She needs to spend time hearing witnesses' stories but will she?

Meaning those who were victimized by this event called a shooting.

That more things are known there than allowed to be entered in.

Those who know a real shooter's profile be careful of the repetition.

This event is filled with false clouds of witnesses that the Tropicana took in.

Straight to the left Antifa ISIS call it what is willed that all guns be subject to consfiscation.

Is an ISIS militant a reminder of what at all is possible when are shot Iraqi officers at close range.

Now to the authorities: if you believe it was a single shooter you've been slighted big time.

Some have suggested he and Jesus are two separate people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gj1FoRIfE

Old 10-20-2017, 01:48 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Default thoughts on Vegas narrative being a lie

https://youtu.be/PCwnjZbUn-0

It just stinks. The whole thing.

Watch the first 5 minutes in the video. This Campos security guard is another fishy side. Dissappears for several days then goes on the Ellen show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies