Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 07:41 AM

10,497 posts, read 6,108,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
While I disagree that mass shootings have become our reality, the problem we have is not a "gun" problem. Guns aren't the problem. That's a subterfuge.

The real problem is we have become a country that has lost it's moral foundation.
Guns are absolutely the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,207,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Guns trump life in the USA.
Ridiculous on it's face. How would you apply that to the fact that we kill millions of babies via abortion every year?

The problem is a lack of morality. People such as yourself mock those of us who believe in something higher than ourselves (God). That is the problem. You fail to acknowledge the author of life.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,721,252 times
Quote:
While I disagree that mass shootings have become our reality, the problem we have is not a "gun" problem. Guns aren't the problem. That's a subterfuge.

The real problem is we have become a country that has lost it's moral foundation.

For once, I will agree with you. We really have lost our morals, our compassion for others, and our sense of right and wrong. I'm not sure where this is all going to end up, but it sure doesn't look good.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,759,241 times
Quote:
Ridiculous on it's face. How would you apply that to the fact that we kill millions of babies via abortion every year?

The problem is a lack of morality. People such as yourself mock those of us who believe in something higher than ourselves (God). That is the problem. You fail to acknowledge the author of life.
Yes, in Paul's letters to the Corinthians he did say, that everyone should be strapped because neighbors are dangerous and you always need to be suspicious of them.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
No, they are not. Guns don't kill ...people do (I know it's a cliché, but it's true). Someone intent on murder, even mass murder, will carry it out one way or another. Criminals don't obey laws. Laws do not stop crime. So you can make all the gun laws you want, and the only people you are hurting are law abiding citizens.

The Second Amendment says, "...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It does not give us the right; rather, it acknowledges the right already exists and says the government shall not infringe upon that right. Gun laws are an infringement.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 AM

50,078 posts, read 46,654,631 times
Quote:
Hahahahahaha

So odd how I have so many and they haven't committed any crimes. Except for whackin some game.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:51 AM

26,938 posts, read 13,172,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am interested in hearing from those that advocate these laws and why you think they would prevent such a crime.
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

No Way To Prevent This Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Most if the western world have already enacted gun controls that have helped curb gun massacres.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:52 AM

50,078 posts, read 46,654,631 times
Quote:
Dirt bags are the problem be it driving, shooting, burglarizing, thieving, raping....

But...you run with that.

41,478 posts, read 59,575,874 times
cremebrulee just told all of you gun controllers why most of us have firearms. To repeat: anyone breaking into my home has to be stopped by whatever means possible. If they are killed during the break in they got what they deserve.

If you think this is callus disregard on my part for human life then do not send me or anyone else to WAR. The callousness is earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yes, in Paul's letters to the Corinthians he did say, that everyone should be strapped because neighbors are dangerous and you always need to be suspicious of them.
I'm assuming that is sarcasm, as Paul never said such a thing. Thanks for making my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies