Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you go door to door to confiscate? Heck, I even have black powder revolvers and long guns. I can make black powder and cast boolits.

Hilarious the amount of control people are willing to be under. May as well have a chip in your skull.
I have muzzleloaders as well. They will continue to be legal, since those were the "arms" of the day in 1789 when 2A was composed. I cast .50 round balls as well as conical bullets. I've found extra potassium nitrate in the mix produces less fouling, if you decide to make your own powder.

No need to go door to door to confiscate. If you are out shooting and get checked, and don't have a valid receipt for your ammo, or the projectile is not one of the standards that are issued, you have a problem. As wiht any other large change, everything doesn't happen overnight. It will take a while to work exsisting stocks out of the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That would require a firearm registry.

No thanks.
I like Freedom & Liberty to be scary as hell, as it characteristically is suppose to be.
The funny thing is that some actually believe that gun owners would Comply. ROTFLMAO!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The funny thing is that some actually believe that gun owners would Comply. ROTFLMAO!
They can have my guns, bullets first.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There has been talk in some quarters of putting chips in newborns to forever know where they are. They want total control.
Comments like these that remind me why threads about other topics make for time better spent...

Old 12-08-2017, 11:29 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They've already tried this nonsense. Too easy to circumvent. Microstamping is just an idiot's dream that cannot be made true. So many ways around it.

It was literally defeated in seconds the first test firearms. Plus, the possibility of framing someone innocent was just too high.
The so-called "gun control" advocates have spent the last several decades proving (inadvertently) that their half measures do not work. "Assault weapons" bans, waiting periods, "gun free" zones, background checks, and all the rest rarely reduce the crime rate, and often result in an increase instead in the areas where they are tried.

When they point to countries whose results they like, they invariably point to places like England, Japan, Australia, etc. - countries that have almost completely banned guns from their subjects.

Normal people should take the hint.

In fact, complete bans of all guns are the only things that have ever reduced "gun crimes". And they must be accompanied by ruthless confiscation. Advocates who say they want "just some reasonable regulations", know by now they won't work. The only thing they could now being intending, is an eventual complete ban on all guns. While pretending they will do only just a little, to fool you into going along with "just a little". And then next year, just a little more.

Their total gun bans must be accompanied by SWAT teams going door to door to every house and apartment in America, taking people's guns whether they want to give them up or not. They know that many normal Americans will object to giving up their guns voluntarily.

Advocates who say they want "just a few reasonable regulations", are either astonishingly ignorant, or are lying to you. And with the decades of demonstrations we keep getting that the things they try do not work, their "ignorance" is no longer likely, or even possible.

Keep this in mind, the next time you hear one of them claiming "we need just a few reasonable regulations on guns".

Old 12-08-2017, 12:43 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have muzzleloaders as well. They will continue to be legal, since those were the "arms" of the day in 1789 when 2A was composed. I cast .50 round balls as well as conical bullets. I've found extra potassium nitrate in the mix produces less fouling, if you decide to make your own powder.

No need to go door to door to confiscate. If you are out shooting and get checked, and don't have a valid receipt for your ammo, or the projectile is not one of the standards that are issued, you have a problem. As wiht any other large change, everything doesn't happen overnight. It will take a while to work exsisting stocks out of the system.
That's as silly as the stupid one Brown signed. Only allowed 50 rounds coming into the State. Are they going to have the fruit fly checkers handle this? Nope. There are over 50 roads just in S Cal leading into the State from AZ. AZ doesn't check DL when selling ammo. As I said, I reload and use the exact same recipe as the ammo I used to buy so that's covered. It would take someone in forensics to even tell the difference. All the brass is the same, powder same, projectile same. I can buy one box of each and replicate it to eternity.

I won't have to register as I'll never have to buy anything from a CA store. So, who is going to be doing all this "checking"? Right now even F and W could care less about the lead ban. I've never been checked for ammo and all they ever look at is licenses.

In summary, a fairly tale.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:07 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You have to understand that in the USA we love guns and violence, that's been burned into the psyche through Hollywood and TV for well over half a century. Do you really think that's going to change? Nothing is going to turn back our descent into barbarism, because we revel in it. And, because billions of dollars of profit are being made by promoting it. Remember in America, every dollar is a good dollar no matter how much blood or death or agony is associated with those dollars.
The Internet has changed everything.

Think about it. The most infamous mass-shooting in this country's history was Columbine in 1999. Before 1999 there were small percentage of American households with computers/Internet; since/after 2000 when these mass-shootings have skyrocketed EVERY household (heck, every PERSON has a smartphone in their pants) has computers/Internet.

There is a big huge red flag there, to me.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:07 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Comments like these that remind me why threads about other topics make for time better spent...
The chips in newborns has been suggested for several years. Go search for it. It would be the first step to total control. The government would always know your location. They would claim it is for protection from kidnapping, etc. GPS chips in guns will probably come first.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6237364/ns...s#.WirxiGeWxjo

Old 12-08-2017, 01:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
The fact is young black males propensity for homicide was ignored in the statistics in the initial article. This statistic would point the American disease of gun violence is much more complicated than just the weapon itself.

Stats can be cherry picked to prove almost anything.

I personally approve of stricter background checks.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The chips in newborns has been suggested for several years. Go search for it. It would be the first step to total control. The government would always know your location. They would claim it is for protection from kidnapping, etc. GPS chips in guns will probably come first.

FDA approves computer chip for humans - Health - Health care | NBC News
Easily removed or thwarted or faked. No real positioning just a serial number at this point. Location may be possible some day but no where near practical today. You are not going to be able to do a smart phone on an injectable chip. And battery life even for a minor device like the loop in my chest is about 3 years.

RFID chips don't need batteries get their power from the exciting signal. But that does not work on anything other than a limited serial number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies