Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 03:00 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
So the bill of rights is just as important now as it was then.
Did I suggest otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 03:00 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And the $20,000 and up price tags of full autos since the ban in 1986.
Yep. But he did own 2 planes the news is saying. Those aren't cheap either.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:01 PM

276 posts, read 178,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What a coincidence, I feel the same about you! Or, perhaps you're just being unintentionally obtuse?

Sure one could say, and it would be meaningless as far as the law of the land goes.

And just where was that?

I've said those exact words. But, doesn't mean I think there should be NO restrictions whatsoever on some things.

By definition, NO inanimate objects act by themselves, doesn't mean certain ones shouldn't be kept out of certain hands. Or would you favor an 8 year old with a paper route being able to save his/her nickels and dimes and be allowed to buy an assault rifle and ammo or a coupla kilos of C4?
Yea that's what we are saying jeez some people just can't think without going to extremes. We already have lots of laws that prevent children from getting c4, to answer your question.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
very true, but people also need to courage to use their firearms in self defense of defense of others. how many people that carry concealed use their firearms, compared to those that cower behind cover with teir weapon still in its holster?
I'm taking cover until I need to engage. I have no qualms about sitting behind a desk with my gun aimed waiting in surprise.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
You forgot, the right will make the shooter out to be the victim just like they did at Sandy Hook.
Are you on medication?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:07 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yep. But he did own 2 planes the news is saying. Those aren't cheap either.
You don't have to tell me. I own, and operate one. It is the Black Hole of money pits. Supposedly he let his Medical lapse so wasn't flying for a while. But yes, you are correct. If he can afford a plane or two he could afford the $20K to buy a full auto.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm taking cover until I need to engage. I have no qualms about sitting behind a desk with my gun aimed waiting in surprise.
Me either. Pointing a deadly weapon at another human being is not something to be admired or wished for. I know from experience.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Anyone else notice that the graphs say that Illinois, with their strict gun control laws, has less than 100 firearm deaths a year.
2016 Chicago homicides is highest in 19 years, report says - CNN
And that the same graphs say California, with their strict gun control laws, has less than 340 firearm deaths per year.
Violent crime in L.A. jumps for third straight year as police deal with gang, homeless issues - LA Times
Bay Area homicides 2016: Map and details

Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Maybe an aggressive crackdown on gangsters with guns is what is needed. But the left opposes stop and frisk which dropped NYC Crime like a rock.

Since you want to make it a left/deal, perhaps the right which apparently supports stop & frisk yet continually whines about the 'police state' should make up its mind?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:09 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Sure one could say, and it would be meaningless as far as the law of the land goes.
Why would it be meaningless as far as the law of the land goes?
Currently we have restrictions on some explosive materials.
I'm asking you if you think having no restrictions on those materials is better than having them restricted.

Quote:
And just where was that?
I quoted you.
I'll do it again.
Quote:
It's not the guns, it's the people.

The Las Vegas shooter reportedly owned several aircraft, would we be calling for the banning of light aircraft had he loaded one with a bomb or deliberately crashed one into a crowded venue?
We started here, with your statements.

Quote:
I've said those exact words. But, doesn't mean I think there should be NO restrictions whatsoever on some things.

By definition, NO inanimate objects act by themselves, doesn't mean certain ones shouldn't be kept out of certain hands.
I agree.
And I would imagine that the poster that you were responding to with your "it's not the guns, it's the people" line would also agree.

The disagreement is only on what objects should be kept out of certain hands.

Quote:
Or would you favor an 8 year old with a paper route being able to save his/her nickels and dimes and be allowed to buy an assault rifle and ammo or a coupla kilos of C4?
Of course not.

So, we've, as a nation, decided that guns (and lots of other things) should be restricted in some instances. Again, the only disagreement is over where exactly the line should be.

I assume you, being a somewhat reasonable person, believe there should be some restrictions on who can fly airplanes.

So, I'm wondering why you thought that you be a good point to bring up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies