Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 07:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I agree. I think you should carry the guns that the framers talked about. Muskets. All for it.

Those Muskets were superior to the British army's arsenal.

Today, we the people are suppose to have superior firepower than government, like we did then.
In 1934, they the government decided that was not so and altered the 2nd amendment, adding wording to it, without amendment. It has stood to this day, unchallenged. Because since the Civil War, the government has made more and more people fear the bad gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 07:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
For those who seek to ban/legislate here's a simple explanation as to why we aren't going to hop on your band wagon.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:54 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who has murdered more people, governments or individuals with guns?
More people have been murdered by individuals inside our borders, more than all the Americans that died in wars.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
More people have been murdered by individuals inside our borders, more than all the Americans that died in wars.
Wrong answer.

Correct answer would be deaths from government.
See Mao, Stalin, Hitler, PolPot.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:31 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Yes, liberals just love dancing in the blood of the victims, usually you people - like Hillary - can't even wait for the blood to cool before pushing your agenda.

It's tragic 50+ people died last night, Chicago or Baltimore just call that 'the weekend', but who cares about that, right?

Look on the bright side, thanks to the 2nd amendment hundreds of thousands of lives are saved every year, but I suppose to a liberal that isn't the bright side.
I could be wrong, but I believe this thread was started by someone who was definitely not pushing a liberal agenda.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong answer.

Correct answer would be deaths from government.
See Mao, Stalin, Hitler, PolPot.
Read my statement again, I was speaking to our country and soldiers killed abroad.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
To play devil's advocate - in Nazi Germany the military took an oath of loyalty to Hitler and their government didn't have checks and balances.

Our military takes an oath to preserve and defend a Constitution, which contains checks and balances within the government.

I think our military is less likely to turn on "THE PEOPLE" than the one in Nazi Germany.
Hitler was the government. They took the peoples guns. So did Venezuelas government. I don't see the difference.

The Constitution says to defend our borders and not other nations bordersand don't go to war without the consent of Congress. Our Presidents don't follow that. That isn't working out.
Good to see you put in less likely since it's still a possibility.

I don't get that people think our government isn't corrupt. Maybe because we're too busy running other countries they don't think our own government is a threat to we the people ?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 10-02-2017 at 09:17 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 09:04 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Read my statement again, I was speaking to our country and soldiers killed abroad.
TRANSLATION: I ignored your question, substituted my own, and then cherry-picked the data. I tried to pretend your question was only about one country... a comparatively young one, and the only one that had a flat ban against government regulating guns. Surprise, surprise, that country (the U.S.) had fewer people killed by its government than almost all the major countries that didn't have such a ban against govt. But I'm trying very hard not to admit the truth.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I ignored your question, substituted my own, and then cherry-picked the data. I tried to pretend your question was only about one country... a comparatively young one, and the only one that had a flat ban against government regulating guns. Surprise, surprise, that country (the U.S.) had fewer people killed by its government than almost all the major countries that didn't have such a ban against govt. But I'm trying very hard not to admit the truth.
Yeah that's what that one does every time. Just like the argument before in the POC over who loses more guns private fire arm owners or the agencies who swore an oath to serve and protect...

Once the data was broken down of businesses that sold fire arms pawn shops and gun shops, the numbers went down for private citizens. Look at the FBI ATF Sheriff's Offices Local PDs State Troopers Marshall's etc. Pretty interesting that Johnny law abiding citizen reported less instances of stolen or missing firearms...

Still thinks the private citizen loses or has more guns stolen.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: Yes, most countries without a 2nd amendment or equivalent, have indeed been oppressed and ravaged time after time by their governments throughout history. Including recent history. But if I can find even one that hasn't, then I win, somehow.

You're learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies