Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
But the air suppose to be so poluted. So what is it, clean air or poluted air?
What are you talking about?

It's the exact same air whether it comes through the dryer or on the breeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What are you talking about?

It's the exact same air whether it comes through the dryer or on the breeze.
The Fresh air from outside is suppose to be so clean smelling for those environmentalists on this thread... not what the leftist environmentalists keep telling us. The air is sooo poluted!!

Old 10-04-2017, 10:50 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You seem to know a lot about skid marks.

Hit a nerve on you, did it? LOL.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I often wonder what some of the things future generations will be talking about in regards to our current times, kind of like how we look back and talk about the times when everyone hung clothes on an outside line, so naturally in 50+ yrs, its likely some of the acceptable things we do today, are eventually going to be deemed dumb and foolish.

Just like people today look back and even laugh at some of the common practices 50 yrs ago, what will people in the future will laughing about that most think is OK and normal today?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Because it looks tacky and HOAs are all about property values and not looking tacky.

Oh but they do, not all, but a lot of them. They look manufactured, sterile, and cheesy/fake.

I love the old houses with the pink doors and beautiful ornate trim, and wildflower gardens. It is night and day compared to a McDivision. Sure, the neighbor's house may not be as pretty or kempt but the unique homes make up for it. IMO. We have some artists that do some really creative things with their houses and yards.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I think I really won the debate that air drying clothes is not a safety concern versus using dryers.

Found another fact

NFPA - Dryers and washing machines

www.nfpa.org › safety-in-the-home › dr...

In 2010-2014, U.S. municipal fire departments responded to an estimated 15,970 home fires involving clothes dryers or washing machines each year. These fires resulted in annual losses estimated at 13 civilian deaths, 440 civilian injuries, and $238 million in direct property damage.

Yeah, but what about hiding criminals and impeding emergency personnel?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:25 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Yesterday I was reading rules for a marina I am thinking of moving to. Despite always having wet clothes to dry and high cost of electricity made by diesel power plants on an island with tons of solar energy, hanging anything to dry is banned.

I have been doing all my wash aboard by hand and hanging to dry.

Should neighborhoods be allowed to force people to waste energy like this?
Are you kidding?

the white sheets are made of cotton and worn by KKK...then just the word, 'hanging' laundry, causes PTSD in social justice activists.

Hanging white sheets defintiely a dog whistle.... intolerable!

Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
The Fresh air from outside is suppose to be so clean smelling for those environmentalists on this thread... not what the leftist environmentalists keep telling us. The air is sooo poluted!!
You mean the air your breathing right now?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:31 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
But the air suppose to be so poluted. So what is it, clean air or poluted air?
Well, it was probably a lot cleaner back in the 60's and 70's. I Don't have lots of time, so I use a washer and dryer nowadays (Both Energy Efficient)
I live in Lexington, Kentucky, and in the more rural part- the Air Quality here is pretty good. I use to live in Louisville, and it was pretty bad there...so yes and no, and it depends a lot on where you live. Still, I wouldn't like to see
factories come in and pump lots of pollution and carcinogenics into the air, with wild abandon.
That is just common sense.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:37 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Because it looks tacky and HOAs are all about property values and not looking tacky.

Give me a good old fashioned home in the Country any day of the week...over the cookie cutter
McMansions. That is what I would call tacky - the McMansions. So, I guess it's a matter of perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies