Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The guy apparently was not mentally ill. He was a very shadowy person with a mysterious background but who apparently had some involvement with government ops some time past. Lockheed Martin... they're involved with the government in many shadow ops and he had a supply of money coming in that let him make big purchases and also gamble. The thing is, he was always on the move so he was involved in some kind of activity.
So what can we try to deduce from his actions? This was well planned out and had all the markings of being politically motivated. He struck at country music fans. If he had an axe to grind with the government he'd have targeted them, but instead he went after civilians. He was supposed to be a gun nut but didn't have much interest in them. Just buying them. And all those guns he had with him, its like there was supposed to be more people there. Or maybe there were...
And he picks a day right before a house vote on silencers which the feds and the left opposes. They were to have a vote back in June and on that very day there was the DC congressional shooting. These Lone Wolves sure know when and where to strike for maximum political benefit.
So this points to the gun control people who stand to gain on this. I think we better start keeping an eye on them, maybe they're the real crazies.
Yep. This wasn't some nut who just snapped due to gambling debts. He planned this exact thing and that exact target. It's definitely political.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 AM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
These are the same people who are completely mute on the topic in-between these tragedies. Then, when one unfortunately occurs, they lash out at the lawful gun owners who had zero involvement. Lather, rinse, and repeat after every shooting.
Who was it that said "Never let a crisis go to waste"? Oh yeah, one who is now the mayor of a city that has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet the highest gun murder rates of any other US city.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Is there even a link between mental illness and mass shootings?
I don't think so.

Is there a link between people of sound mind murdering multiple strangers for sport?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:14 AM

587 posts, read 304,782 times
If you don't like our constitution then migrate to Europe or S.America , **Drug lords and daily violance** Or Europe that has massacres **Almost Weekly**
But you already knew that

Terror attacks timeline:*From Paris and Brussels to most recent attack | World | News | Express.co.uk

Old 10-03-2017, 09:15 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Why does everyone always jump to the conclusion "mentally ill".
There was nothing in that shooter's past to indicate any mental instability.
Exactly. You can do this type of incident and be mentally stable.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:38 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Money makes the world go round.......

https://www.theguardian.com/money/us...oral-investing

The age old question. How do we prevent mass shootings? Which side doesn't really care about collateral damage? I shot off about 75 rounds at the range on Monday. It was great fun. Why should I have to surrender my guns because of what someone else might do? Why do I feel we will be talking about this exact same issue 20 years from now?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:49 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I find it fascinating how some individuals couldn't wait until the bodies had cooled to push their gun grabbing agenda. Not to mention the continuous lies, or to be charitable call it mistaken understanding, pushing that agenda.
I find it disgusting that every time this happens, people like you use the pretense of "respect for the dead" to push a continued agenda of INACTION so that you can keep playing with your collection of assault rifles and MORE people die in future mass murders like this one. **** that.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I find it disgusting that every time this happens, people like you use the pretense of "respect for the dead" to push a continued agenda of INACTION so that you can keep playing with your collection of assault rifles and MORE people die in future mass murders like this one. **** that.

Go find your safe space, curl up in a ball and puke...again...

Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh calm down. You'll be back to your regular self in no time, spending your days here hating on everybody who thinks differently than you. Only the topics will change.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is there a link between people of sound mind murdering multiple strangers for sport?
The issue is that its easy to jump to the conclusion that anyone doing this is mentally ill, I mean you would never do this in your right mind, right?

However the fact is that people do these kinds of things and are not always diagnosably mentally ill (which means that they're not mentally ill, when you think about it), it's a bitter pill to swallow, to think that probably people you know maybe even yourself, and certainly people who you interact with that can commit these kinds of crimes and not be mentally ill. That's the truth though.

Mentally ill does not mean violent, indeed statistically the diagnosed mentally ill have a lower likelihood of committing violent crimes than average. If you want to actually act on statistics, you'd be better off statistically speaking from banning the not mentally ill from owning firearms, than the mentally ill. However it's always easy to target the aberrants of a population as scapegoats for crimes and dangers, and it's got a long and august history, along with many other "aberrants" like homosexuals, certain religions, cultures and races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies