Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 03:48 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So just WHERE is it conservatives go to find something entertaining?
For TV, I enjoy Masterpiece shows on PBS. Pretty much all regular TV has a bias, but there are shows that are less "in your face" with it. One example I can think of is "The Great British Baking Show".

We ditched satellite TV 4 years ago and now make do with a combination of Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, an antenna, and Blue Ray discs. (Although Netflix is getting disappointing).

It's hard for me as a conservative to support Amazon, but I love Amazon prime.

I love reading, and while a few popular authors are becoming more outspoken politically, most authors are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 03:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
They are on a race to the bottom. Events, people, facts are so easily verified these days there is no excuse for making stuff up just to suit a corporate agenda. This article lists just a few whoppers.
Breitbart calling someone else fake news

Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I hate Fox News as well. I like Lou Dobbs and sometimes Sean Hannity. It is a mistake to think Fox as a whole is "conservative"; it is no such thing. Breitbart has changed a great dea in the past few years. ALL these outlets are agenda driven.

Breitbart by an avowed Leninist!

The right sure does like them some Commies!

Old 10-04-2017, 03:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Breitbart by an avowed Leninist!

The right sure does like them some Commies!

I am missing something here.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I know Breitbart is becoming another joke.

Actually it has always been a joke.
I'm sure that the bigwigs at CNN, NBC, and other decades-old media who get called-out for their becoming lying, subservient interest interests groups for the Democratic Party, are just pleased as punch to be compared to websites like Breitbart and Infowars.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:58 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Conservative snowflakes should just stay in their safe spaces to avoid being triggered. Stick to Fox News, the safest bet is Fox & Friends which is basically a Trump infomercial now. Other options are Breitbart, Infowars, Free Republic. You can remain safe and secure in your sealed information bubble at any of those places.

If you are looking for conservative friendly entertainment, I would suggest country music videos on CMT and reruns of old television programs. A big plus for conservatives - if the reruns are old enough you won't even have to worry about seeing a diverse cast, gay characters, interracial couples, insolent teens, realistic storylines or any of the other stuff that bother you about life in the modern era.

Last edited by shorman; 10-04-2017 at 04:08 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 04:06 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The no source fake news. The left is so desperate.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm with ya on Matt Lauer and Katie Couric and I was so PI$$ED at what they did to Ann Curry. In fact, I quit watching the Today show then and there. Started watching Morning Joe.

Nor do I love the Olympics - except for gymnastics and stuff like that but Bob Costas could put anyone to sleep.
The Curry situation sent me to GMA, which was a very good move, it turns out. GMA is much better than Today.

Costas bugs me. I’m not sure what it is, though.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
So just WHERE is it conservatives go to find something entertaining?
I watch on occasion , the old classic movies on Turner Classic Movies and I am selective in what I watch. The junk they have on TV that make today is stupid and not entertaining at all. And it crosses the line of what is decent viewing all the time. It is garbage. I don't feed on garbage.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:26 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
youtube has lots of classic TV shows and old films. I like to watch Britcoms which are a lot funnier than American sitcoms. Several American sitcoms ripped off successful Brit TV shows but our versions are never as funny in my opinion. There are various lists online of the best of British TV or comedy or similar. I then look for those on youtube.

Only problem with trying to watch a complete series is often they get pulled down by youtube for copyright infringement. Some ways around that are by cutting off part of the picture or speeding up/slowing down the sound. It can be annoying sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies