Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 11:59 AM

17,337 posts, read 11,255,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I'm not a conspiracist either, but I must say this time I'm questioning things.

I saw the news last night and the report was pushing this idea he was a loner a bit too much. He put up a privacy fence and was heard to say "I don't want to look at them (neighbors) and I don't them looking at me." I'm thinking, "So?" Someone likes privacy and therefore they are a potential mass murderer.

Same when they reported Lanza had his windows blacked out. SO? I have my windows blacked out, have for years because I sleep in on weekends. Doesn't mean anything nefarious.
I keep hearing about a conspiracy theory but I've yet to see to what end? What exactly is the conspiracy here and why is someone hiding something? Now, those answers need to make some kind of logical sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 12:07 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,725,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I wonder if someone behind this in order to make all guns illegal, can't take over an government if the public has guns
Nothing happened after the last dozen mass shootings. I am sure "they" are banking on this being the one that finally does it.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,247,410 times
Why do people think the 'loner' thing makes it a conspiracy?

Not all loners are crazy, but most crazies are loners. If they were happy socially adjusted people, they wouldn't want to mass murder people. They are anti-social--this is one of the reasons they do this. They are punishing society because they've been rejected, yadayada, or for a zillion other reasons they carry a chip about. Their family, school bullies, rejection by friends or lovers--just outcasts. Who knows why they are disaffected?

What is interesting is the difference between serial killers and mass murderers. Serial killers seem to blend in and have more relationships. Mass murderers or those who 'go postal' do not have any real social bonds. They are loners.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I keep hearing about a conspiracy theory but I've yet to see to what end? What exactly is the conspiracy here and why is someone hiding something? Now, those answers need to make some kind of logical sense.
it is an attempt to distract by NRA fanboys. they want the story to be about something vague and hazy, not banning these weapons.

There is literally not reason at all for any american to own any weapon vaguely like the ones used.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,730,585 times
It's funny that the right wingers accuse liberals of being gullible, stupid, and unstable but then immediately jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon when something like this happens. Gotta wonder about that.

At some point a right winger will turn this tragedy into a convoluted plot perpetrated by the government whose end goal is to take their guns. I'm a gun rights supporter but I just think the right wing have pushed their fear of losing those rights from being an area of concern into the realm of full on paranoia.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,516,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It's funny that the right wingers accuse liberals of being gullible, stupid, and unstable
Well...

That's because libs tend to not tune into Fox News, Limbaugh or Alex Jones.

You know...

All the places for "real" right wing crackpottery.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:09 PM

8,542 posts, read 10,959,855 times
Regarding cameras in hotels, Las Vegas hotels host many conventions, including trade conventions, so it would not be unusual for someone to be on video carrying in boxes. , or large pieces of luggage.

That would not cause anyone in the hotels staff to be suspicious.

Bob.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,364,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it is an attempt to distract by NRA fanboys. they want the story to be about something vague and hazy, not banning these weapons.

There is literally not reason at all for any american to own any weapon vaguely like the ones used.

Any weapon like what?

Old 10-05-2017, 01:37 PM

72,959 posts, read 62,537,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist, and I don't really have a theory to explain this. What I've noticed is that the last 3 major shootings (Sandy Hook, Joker guy in Colorado theater, latest Vegas guy) all have the following characteristics, according to what the government-media complex tells us

* Shooter acted alone
* Shooter is "lone wolf": no friends, very little known about his life
* Superfluous stockpile of weapons at scene (more than is possible for 1 person to use)
* No video footage of the shooter entering the building
* Very little known about what the shooter did in the few days leading up to the shooting
* No photos of the shooter dead at the scene of his suicide
* Mass casualties; makes Columbine look like a Sunday school picnic by comparison

I just think this is very strange because there is 1000x more documented info about the Columbine shooters. And that was back in the 90s .... before there were many security cameras and before the digital Big Brother information age. Very strange.
Not much of a theory for me. Said persons were likely mentally unstable, hate people, and likely wanted to kill MORE people.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:46 PM

19,716 posts, read 10,104,475 times
It is obviously an alien plot to disarm us before they invade us.

Or it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies