Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times

Advertisements

I love how people assume every single woman who went to a casting knew this. You know nothing about when this happened, how old they were, what the circumstances were and why they kept quiet.

Again...no one is blaming the men who stood by and allowed this to happen. I mean if all the women in tinsle town knew, the men must have known too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Okay so I know someone in the business and was going to post a while back that I wouldn't let my daughter intern for Weinstein as Obama did - but I figured everyone would accuse me of having a tinfoil hat, so I refrained from posting.

Some of the people coming forward have gone along with Weinstein (allegedly) and are now saying he tried something with them, too, but they put a stop to it. I heard this years ago - that the women who went along with him not only continued working on Weinstein films, but he spent a lot of money campaigning for them to be nominated for, and then campaigning for them to win, Academy Awards.

If you want to know who I'm talking about just look at those who repeatedly worked on Weinstein projects and were later nominated for Oscars. Some even won.
Juicy!

I want to know the names though. And I'm too stupid or lazy (probably a combo of both) to figure it out.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I love how people assume every single woman who went to a casting knew this. You know nothing about when this happened, how old they were, what the circumstances were and why they kept quiet.

Again...no one is blaming the men who stood by and allowed this to happen. I mean if all the women in tinsle town knew, the men must have known too.

The agents had to know. There aren't that many with access to Weinstein.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

Sure there are actresses and actors who avoided those kinds of casting couches. You see them as extras and bit parts in Hallmark movies. And on commercials if they are lucky.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Never heard of her... she's crazy creepy.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You are obviously a biased far LEFTY or would have mentioned the worst. BILL CLINTON. The problem is the media, and Hollywood constantly tries to cover up this stuff when their own does it.
Sorry, I thought the bill Clinton mess was common knowledge. As a Goldwater disciple, I'll take the far lefty label as a compliment.. My friends and family will really be surprised.

The problem with him, in some cases, it was consensual. And when a case could be brought there was a problem with witnesses. And some settled out.

Paula Jones may have been naive when she went to his hotel room. But when the case was brought she took money for plastic surgery, braces, a makeover and various things from a undisclosed person who was out to get Clinton.

And, I'll go to my grave believing Monica was paid to set him up. He could still be a county commissioner in Nowhere, Arkansas. Everybody in the English speaking world knew he was a hound dog. It finally caught up with him. Monica keeping the dress, confiding in her BFF, Linda Tripp who just happened to know Lucianne Goldberg? Ha. The good thing that came out of that deal was Jonah got a good job.

Last edited by crone; 10-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The agents had to know. There aren't that many with access to Weinstein.

And you have personal knoweldge of these agents knowing this and telling all their clients?

Old 10-11-2017, 09:07 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Can we admit that there is a clear difference between running for office and not running for office.
There is not that much difference.

HW apparently was a source of considerable campaign contributions to the likes of the Clintons and 0bama.

HW placed himself into politics and the Left accepted his money and his "prestige" and influence.

Hollywood is extremely political and voice their befuddled opinions on any stage.

When one of their own is shown to be a sexual predator, those Hollywood bigmouths should get up on that stage and use their influence to denounce HW.

Failure to do so exposes them as the hypocrites they are.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:08 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
There's enough hypocrisy on this issue to go around on all sides. Basically, if it's your guy doing the harassing or raping, it's not so bad, or it was consensual, or it's just locker room talk. If it's the other guy doing it, Holy Crap! It's gotta stop and everyone who ever knew him is also complicit.

What galls me are the comments that women like Angelina Jolie or Gwyneth Paltrow are somehow to blame because they didn't speak up earlier. Women who speak up are vilified and accused of lying and trying to set up grounds for a lawsuit. Let us ALL place the blame squarely where it lies, at the feet of the creep acting inappropriately. And let us not defend any person who acts this way because we think he represents our political beliefs.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlow View Post
there's enough hypocrisy on this issue to go around on all sides. Basically, if it's your guy doing the harassing or raping, it's not so bad, or it was consensual, or it's just locker room talk. If it's the other guy doing it, holy crap! It's gotta stop and everyone who ever knew him is also complicit.

What galls me are the comments that women like angelina jolie or gwyneth paltrow are somehow to blame because they didn't speak up earlier. Women who speak up are vilified and accused of lying and trying to set up grounds for a lawsuit. let us all place the blame squarely where it lies, at the feet of the creep acting inappropriately. and let us not defend any person who acts this way because we think he represents our political beliefs.
this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies