Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 07:40 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,952,176 times

Advertisements

Celebrities don’t speak for me and never have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 07:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Celebrities don’t speak for me and never have.
Since you are an American, and Trump speaks on behalf of America in many foreign matters, technically, a celebrity does speak for you.

If Trump wasn't a celebrity, he would have never ever made it on the GOP primary ticket. His fame alone gave him a massive head start in politics. Well, that and money.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Since you are an American, and Trump speaks on behalf of America in many foreign matters, technically, a celebrity does speak for you.

If Trump wasn't a celebrity, he would have never ever made it on the GOP primary ticket. His fame alone gave him a massive head start in politics. Well, that and money.
I agree with the second part of your statement.

I reserve the right to decide who speaks for me and who does not.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Nope he absolutely does not. I didn’t vote for him. He does not speak for me. Nor does any politician or actor.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:48 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump did worse.

At least Weinstein targeted adult women. Trump proudly admitted he sexually exploit underage girls.

Oh wait, if they're not of age and he is a Republican then it doesn't count right??!! How silly of me.

I would like a direct quote from Trump himself saying that..

Old 10-14-2017, 07:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You can stop laughing, Ivana accused Trump of rape before he ran for president. while she dropped the accusation, she only said she didn't mean it in the legal sense, never said he didn't force himself on her.
Why in the hell would she drop the accusation if it actaully happened? Hmmm...

Old 10-14-2017, 07:50 AM

35,683 posts, read 21,035,253 times
two old rich fat men of the same era- this IS they way it was

Old 10-14-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

At least Weinstein targeted adult women.

Are you kidding me?!!!! At least? This is why we have the problems we have. What an F’d up thing to say.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Nope he absolutely does not. I didn’t vote for him. He does not speak for me. Nor does any politician or actor.
On some matters he does, just as Obama spoke for me, because he was the representative of our country which I am a citizen. It doesn't matter that I might not have agreed with him, he was the POTUS and the leader of the country.

The only way a POTUS doesn't speak for you is if none of your resources are used by the government. I assume you pay taxes? If so, when the US gives $x billion to do something in a foreign land, your resources are part of that.

Keep in mind that I said "technically" in my post earlier.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Trump is President. If you are an American, he speaks for you. I disliked Obama due to his communist policies, but he was still my President. Kimmel is a typical, hypocritical, Hollywood, disgusting comedian. He is part of the power base of that horrible town. And yes Jews control a lot of Hollywood, and the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies