Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 09:17 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I'm sure the Hollywood libs will be the first to say that there shouldn't be a rush to judgment. Hypocrites.
I am not hearing any of this. The message seems to be universal disgust. Where are you seeing anyone defend him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 09:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Hollywood has no issues with predators within Hollywood. Polansky? It's well known that there is a pedophile problem in Hollywood that they don't care about, as well.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Default Trump on Harvey Weinstein: ‘Not at All Surprised’ by Sexual Assault Allegations

Liberal King Weinstein is a bad hombre

---
According to the White House pool report, Trump said he’s known Weinstein for a long time. “I’m not at all surprised to see it,” he said when reporters asked about the sexual assault allegations waged by multiple women against Weinstein.

When asked about the correlation between the Weinstein controversy and his own following the leak of an “Access Hollywood” tape in which Trump made crude remarks about a reporter, he said, “That’s locker room (talk)” — the same response he gave last year when the audio was first released.

Trump on Harvey Weinstein: ‘Not at All Surprised’ by Sexual Assault Allegations – Variety

Old 10-08-2017, 01:14 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
And I was having trouble erasing the image of Harvey in the shower and now this episode.

We need a vomit emoticon.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:26 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
And I was having trouble erasing the image of Harvey in the shower and now this episode.

We need a vomit emoticon.
How can a guy so obsessed with women watching him shower always look like he's homeless.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I find it offensive that both Lisa Bloom and Weinstein are painting him to be 'an old dinosaur' and a product of the '60s and '70s - as though that was just a part of the times and normal behavior for men.

I wonder why she's now decided not to represent him. Was it her mother saying she wouldn't have taken the case? Was she getting heat from feminists? Did he can her? I'd be interested in learning what the real story is, although I doubt we'll ever find out.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:02 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am not hearing any of this. The message seems to be universal disgust. Where are you seeing anyone defend him?
10 to 1 that a lot of these big names knew what was going on because talk is talk and circulates among the same circles...gossip. And I'd wager that many of the females were warned not to be alone with him.

But to the public eye they all kept quiet.

I think their voice of disgust is only because he got outed.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Default Why have women kept their mouth so long about Hollywood celebrities and sexual harassment!

It seems that actresses keep their mouth shut for years or decades even when multiple women seem to have the same experience.

Why is 2016-2017 the year that all these stories come out!

If it was one person it is more understandable as often nobody wants to believe them and the male is too powerful but when it seems to be so many times this has occurred it makes me wonder why now this all comes out.

Does this have to do that maybe other powerful people want this powerful person to be outed and the women are now asked to come out? Not that the sexual harassment hasn't happened but is there more to the stories.

The other thing that is mind boggling to me is how Ashley Judd was so vocal about Trump who never touched her or never was part of any of this but Ashley Kudd was clearly vocal and not scared.

Now in this case she claims to be a victim and kept her mouth for so long. That won't look very trustworthy!

It is understandable that when one party is very powerful the other party is not easily to come forward as it may be end of career for that person but if that person is so powerful then the persons career is most likely over anyway if they don't agree.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
You're talking about women who worked their entire lives to make it in one town with only a couple of Sheriff's - and he was the #1 Sheriff for a very long time. He would ruin you if you said anything. They hoped for the best and just did what they could to avoid him. Doing that didn't risk their career but going public would have.

I only saw a headline but it implied the initial leak may have came from Harvey's brother, because he's tried getting him out for a while.

And now he's been canned.

I wouldn't be surprised if his brother orchestrated everything, including getting a few to tell their story to the press with the promise that he'd be gone.

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-08-2017 at 09:26 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 PM

487 posts, read 545,181 times
Not one mention of this on SNL.......not that it is really something to be joked about, although that does not seem to be the case for this show about other things and other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies