Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:08 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure that happens every single day to women, around the world in many countries. So good for her to bring up this issue.

Now, as a guy, I will say that I would be flattered if women cat called me on the street (or even guys for that matter).

However, I do realize that it's different for women being cat called, there's an element of nastiness to it that makes it a uniquely female problem, so no way would I think it ok even if I have no problems with it personally if it happened to me.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...150904981.html

People still cat call ? Seems so 1970 ish, or grade school age stuff.
I found as an adult, it is much more fun to just say hi to the person, if one is lucky a conversation might actually start up.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:36 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
"Young good looking females" is the most lucky and privileged group in the western world. They are getting warnings when for the same violation a regular guy or an ugly woman will get 500$ fine. They are getting lots of other favors from other law enforcement. They are eating for free on dates in expensive restaurants, they are getting other expensive things for free from their admirers. A beautiful million dollar smile of a young hottie is opening doors that never will be open for regular people. For a regular guy to get some good money means that he needs to study hard STEM degree and to work hard 7-10 years. For a good looking young girl, the only thing she needs to do is to say "I do" to one of her "friends".
So you get catcalled. Yes, it's a downside.
But I think that life gave you a hell of a deal.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:07 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
"Young good looking females" is the most lucky and privileged group in the western world. They are getting warnings when for the same violation a regular guy or an ugly woman will get 500$ fine. They are getting lots of other favors from other law enforcement. They are eating for free on dates in expensive restaurants, they are getting other expensive things for free from their admirers. A beautiful million dollar smile of a young hottie is opening doors that never will be open for regular people. For a regular guy to get some good money means that he needs to study hard STEM degree and to work hard 7-10 years. For a good looking young girl, the only thing she needs to do is to say "I do" to one of her "friends".
So you get catcalled. Yes, it's a downside.
But I think that life gave you a hell of a deal.
Wow. Just wow.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
She would be pretty if she didn't look so smug.
Or a toothpick.

Did a quick image search. She is super skinny. Too skinny for my tastes.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
It's really typical that in a post about street harassment, men chime in about the woman's looks.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Clearly you don't get it. It is sad that you don't get it. Too busy playing the victim card. Oh no he whistled at me. Oh the horror.

It doesn't work and the men don't care. Boobus does the same thing over and over again and expects different results. Boobus doesn't get it and never will.

The really true drama queens in this world will never get it and they will never understand.
You say she is playing the victim card, but clearly she is doing the exact opposite. She is showing these men that she will not be a victim. She is turning their stupid little game around on them and showing the world that they are disgusting and have no respect for women. She has the upper hand. She is no vicitm.

So no, you don't get it. I will never expect you to. You are clearly one of those people who will always think this type of behavior is okay.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It's really typical that in a post about street harassment, men chime in about the woman's looks.
Exactly.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:17 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
I think I cat called a woman once from a car at 16 and it was only because others were doing it.

That being said, I'm not really a fan of internet indictments of people with no actual evidence.

I could go around to people on the street, ask them to take a selfie, and then say "these people frequent massage parlors".

...because I said so. Now granted, these guys sure look like jerks, but ....I find it all unsavory.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
That's what happens when men comment on a story about a woman who posts photos of herself due behavior based upon her looks.

Men and women are different.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
You say she is playing the victim card, but clearly she is doing the exact opposite. She is showing these men that she will not be a victim. She is turning their stupid little game around on them and showing the world that they are disgusting and have no respect for women. She has the upper hand. She is no vicitm.

So no, you don't get it. I will never expect you to. You are clearly one of those people who will always think this type of behavior is okay.
The guys clearly think it's funny. They are bragging about this to their buddies.

Don't you see their faces? They love this attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies