Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:54 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,903,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
how is it different than any other chronic disease?
I hope this is post is a joke/sarcasm......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 07:00 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,592,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I hope this is post is a joke/sarcasm......
I fear it is not.

Also, knowingly inflicting any illness on another person is a harmful act equal to or greater than assault.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,289,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothick View Post
Sums up the left. They can't even decide if infecting someone with a dangerous disease is wrong or not.
I googled the topic and was stunned at the number of stories of gays deliberately infecting others. It really makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with the LGBT crowd. The only excuse is a twist of mind, or a form of mental illness.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 AM

3,533 posts, read 2,830,423 times
I'm soooo glad that I live in the farthest state from the land of the Bat**** crazy Liberals.

RR

Old 10-08-2017, 08:51 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,400,283 times
Quote:
HIV will develop AIDS if not treated, and AIDS will kill you in one of the worse ways possible.
What other chronic disease are you talking about that spread via sexual contact that will kill you the way AIDS does?

Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,777,503 times
So if cancer was infectious, it would be ok to give others cancer because those patients are living longer?

Imagine a waitress knowingly having hand, foot, and mouth disease, and passing to her customers, oh well it was your choice to eat at that restaurant.

Last edited by James420; 10-08-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 10-08-2017, 09:03 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,400,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
So if cancer was infectious, it would be ok to give others cancer because those patients are living longer?
IF cancer ( not sure which one you refereeing to sense there are like thousands of different types ) was infections thorough sexual contact and you ran around and had sex with people without telling them about your....cancer... Yeah, that makes you equally bad.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:08 AM

25,715 posts, read 21,861,540 times
Quote:
Seriously, you need to get some info. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/default.html It can be passed from mother to baby: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understandi...mission-of-hiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Excuse me but what ever happened to being responsible for your own well being? We all know how hiv is transmitted. We are all responsible for taking steps to minimize getting the infection. Yes, in a perfect world everyone would disclose their status before getting intimate with someone else but the reality is, plenty of people infected don't even know that they are. So it's up to ME to make sure I don't become infected. I can control MY behavior, not the behavior of others.
Well, yeah, but people are very sexually promiscuous these days, cheat on their spouses and most of this is considered acceptable. Personal responsibility is dead. Supporting abstinence is really the only way to go.

I know a rape victim who may have been infected or not. My opinion is that if the rapist gave the victim HIV, the rapist should be executed which would stop him from doing either act again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
HIV will develop AIDS if not treated, and AIDS will kill you in one of the worse ways possible.
What other chronic disease are you talking about that spread via sexual contact that will kill you the way AIDS does?
Also can be transmitted to one's unborn child. The thing here being if a husband was cheating and contracted HIV, there isn't much a wife can do to not end up getting it if they are trying to start a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Evidently, well, in CA.

If the people that are infected are going to knowingly infect others, that would be reason to quarantine them.
Oh, that's right, CA doesn't believe in protecting people. Oh, well, I am sure they can replace those that die with illegal aliens who will work for less and not require any benefits on the job.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,498,221 times
I posted about this months ago. As usual, the liberals give more consideration to the criminal than they do the victim.

They're insane.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Insanity.

I think the people pushing this don't understand the reality of the situation. We don't have a problem of people not getting tested out of fear of going to prison.

On the other hand, I do know at least one person who was infected by someone who knew their status and chose not to inform. Before, there was at least the threat of consequences for doing that (though it was unlikely). Now, there's even less deterrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies