Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:35 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What's a eutopia?
It's that place across the Atlantic that liberals want to turn the US into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 02:10 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Liberal/Progressives either ignore economics, or just don't know how economies, and markets work out of ignorance.
We've seen how unregulated markets work. It was called the Gilded Age, and it sucked fiercely for those not of the gilded class.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 PM

20,861 posts, read 9,524,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Then why did a conservative misspell it?

Old 10-08-2017, 02:15 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,220,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
While the great fool Uncle Sam is providing a shield from Russia and other nogoodniks, Europe has:
1. 20 days of vacation by law
2. Paid maternity leave
3. Medicare for all
4. Other good stuff that I would have to look up

So while you rough tough Americans are losing your houses to illnesses and your jobs because of parent/child care, the Europeans are not.

This is not a liberal thing. It's a stupid American macho thing.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:18 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,154,471 times
In liberal utopia, all of the wealth is transferred from the bottom 99% to the top 1%.

Or is that the conservative utopia? I can't remember.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:22 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
When you raise the bottom line, everything else falls into place in relation to it. Don't worry about poor people making a living wage. Don't obsess about liberal intentions. Best spend your energy worrying about what Trump and his base want to take away from the middle class and give to the rich.
"Everything else will fall into place" is not a strategy. Not a short term and not a long term strategy. Your response is not a.........realistic response. Neither was the obvious attempt to redirect.

Answer the questions in the OP.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
I’m not gonna get into the mud with Conservatives on this issue.

The bottom line for me as a liberal is this: if you fricken conservatives believe so much in your trickle down nonsense, then I want to see the financial success of a corporation actually trickle down to the Middle Class . What’s wrong with desiring such an outcome?

You guys claim that If we all give the wealthy a foot massage every evening (aka...spare them from high taxes and regulations), they’ll parlay some of that success into wage increases for all of us. Yet when we demand that it be so, you cry and claim that we’re a bunch of communists.

Then some company like Peabody Energy comes along and goes bankrupt...and during the bankruptcy, they ask a judge if they can pay out millions of dollars in bonuses to their execs. And Lo and behold, you Conservatives defend it to the death, just like you ALWAYS defend multimillion dollar golden parachutes to failed execs.

Bankrupt Peabody Energy wants to pay execs up to $12 million in bonuses – The Denver Post

But nevermind failed execs raking in millions in compensation...your hide only gets chapped at the idea of a burger flipper getting a raise.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m not gonna get into the mud with Conservatives on this issue.

The bottom line for me as a liberal is this: if you fricken conservatives believe so much in your trickle down nonsense, then I want to see the financial success of a corporation actually trickle down to the Middle Class . What’s wrong with desiring such an outcome?

You guys claim that If we all give the wealthy a foot massage every evening (aka...spare them from high taxes and regulations), they’ll parlay some of that success into wage increases for all of us. Yet when we demand that it be so, you cry and claim that we’re a bunch of communists.

Then some company like Peabody Energy comes along and goes bankrupt...and during the bankruptcy, they ask a judge if they can pay out millions of dollars in bonuses to their execs. And Lo and behold, you Conservatives defend it to the death, just like you ALWAYS defend multimillion dollar golden parachutes to failed execs.

Bankrupt Peabody Energy wants to pay execs up to $12 million in bonuses – The Denver Post

But nevermind failed execs raking in millions in compensation...your hide only gets chapped at the idea of a burger flipper getting a raise.
Trickle down is a stupid leftist meme.....your post, as most, are a failure.

Show me where the right coined the phrase "trickle down."

I'll wait....

Old 10-08-2017, 02:52 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We've seen how unregulated markets work. It was called the Gilded Age, and it sucked fiercely for those not of the gilded class.
I love how liberals want to argue in absolutes, which is ridiculous. We have VERY heavily regulated markets. Where did I, or anyone advocate for unregulated markets? We DON'T need the incompetent government setting wages, nor prices for products which they've done before with disastrous results.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:53 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
liberals have always been generous with other people's money.

I wonder how many liberals who support higher taxes ever pay extra taxes on their own tax returns the way Christians often tithe above 10% required?
How do you pay extra taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies