Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:29 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

Now we have NHL!

Tampa has a lot of people who will not like this!

Jeff Vinek may want to consider fast what to do about this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 07:25 PM

39,849 posts, read 26,477,889 times
"You're fired"

Pretty simple.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:35 PM

9,873 posts, read 7,195,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Now we have NHL!

Tampa has a lot of people who will not like this!

Jeff Vinek may want to consider fast what to do about this!
Gee, get it right if you're going to be outraged. JT Brown didn't kneel, he raised his fist during the anthem.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:41 PM

210 posts, read 97,490 times
Fake news, he didn't kneel. This is why you shouldn't blindly rely on everything you see on the internet, OP.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
Fake news, he didn't kneel. This is why you shouldn't blindly rely on everything you see on the internet, OP.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...-bay-lightning

I hope it is fake news!

Local Tampa news reported that he took a knee!

But either way it is both disrespectful and protesting should be outside of sports!

The fist sign is actually a sign of BLM which is a group of people who preaches hate against cops and that's actually not something to be proud off.

This evening we saw how 15 police cars showed up for a car accident as well as other first responders. All these first responders were out there helping and directing traffic in the dark.

They are there to help right away and this was compared to Las Vegas or 9/11 a situation so small that it not comparable but cops and other first responders act right away.

Anyone who works can make an error and so can they make an error. However, proven is that when BLM started with their outrage was for proven cases where criminals attacked cops!

Any group or people who yell or preach " fry them...." about cops, should be treated as what they are!

To me, anyone who justify that behavior is similar! JMO

Last edited by bentlebee; 10-08-2017 at 08:14 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 08:31 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
Yes, he didn't kneel, he raised a fist in the air.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:40 PM

487 posts, read 544,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, he didn't kneel, he raised a fist in the air.
What is the difference? They are both a disrespect to the cops/first responders, our flag/country and our servicemen who risk their lives and have died for our beautiful country. It is a disgrace and they are a disgrace for doing this.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:59 PM

I applaud Pence for leaving! Silent protest to not stay is a great way to show what he stands for. I believe that one of his kids is in the army and even if that wasn't the case it shows Pence cares about respect!

Old 10-08-2017, 09:16 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
What is the difference? They are both a disrespect to the cops/first responders, our flag/country and our servicemen who risk their lives and have died for our beautiful country. It is a disgrace and they are a disgrace for doing this.
You think the flag and the anthem is only for servicemen? What about everyone else in the country, they arent part of "Liberty and justice for all"?

Oh I get it, youve never been harrassed by government, so you cant comprehend why anyone would complain about the government, so you think their stories arent true, and youre using the military for the argument because you dont want to research the reason for the protest? Am I close?

Old 10-08-2017, 09:22 PM

25,551 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You think the flag and the anthem is only for servicemen? What about everyone else in the country, they arent part of "Liberty and justice for all"?

Oh I get it, youve never been harrassed by government, so you cant comprehend why anyone would complain about the government, so you think their stories arent true, and youre using the military for the argument because you dont want to research the reason for the protest? Am I close?
Newp. You're just a liberal singing the same song, "My Country's Always Wrong...."

The protest started in response to events if Ferguson, MO, during which a thug was shot as a police officer protected himself.
Subsequent investigations showed the shooting was justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies