Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:31 AM

25,532 posts, read 17,233,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
How do you know that? Trump Organization is a privately held company. Unlike a public company they can pretty much claim anything in P.R. as their is no fraud as they are not publicly traded. Now if they disclosed tax returns that would be different. But that will not happen.

In other words, list the 500 companies. It is B.S.
So you think the golf club is the only thing he owns, and he is actually broke?!
Now, that's hysterical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Shouldn't you be posting in the World Forums being from the former state of California. Trump's not your president. Why worry about ours?
Pretty Funny!

Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 AM
JRR

8,157 posts, read 5,645,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Golf is declining. If Trump was smart, he'd sell all his golf courses asap. It's a dying business, similar to coal.

Death watch: How much longer can golf survive? - MarketWatch

the number of U.S. players dropped from an all-time high of 30 million in 2005 to 24.1 million in 2015.

...the U.S. golf industry has been largely unable to woo beginners into playing more than a few rounds before dropping the sport entirely.

Golf's Decline: 5 Reason Why Golf Is a Dying Sport | Money

https://jezebel.com/golf-sports-most...y-i-1691720634

These are dark days for the sport of golf. Both the number of people playing the game and sales of golf-related merchandise are in freefall, while courses everywhere, even in golf-loving and retiree-packed Florida, are closing at record rates.

..another 1,000 courses set to close over the next decade
In the Orlando area, this has been quite a problem. People buy homes situated around a golf course and years later it shuts down. Then they see their property values drop. This happened to one about a mile from where we lived. Area went from a nicely manicured course to a weed infested eyesore. Then it got sold to a developer who was going to put apartments up, which didn't make property owners happy. Last I heard, the county was looking to buy it for a park which didn't make some taxpayers happy about spending their $ to keep property values up in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Treating the locals like crap isn't going to make you popular there.
... But, somehow, the Democrats' habit of snide comments and distorted headlines is going to win votes next election??

6,957 posts, read 8,483,790 times
Trump's just trying to get some upper-middle class golfers to play with his balls!

Old 10-11-2017, 08:37 AM

17,980 posts, read 27,433,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This is something to ponder if Trump's kids have given thought to. The Trump reputation is becoming toxic and this may have long term effects for Trump businesses. When the Trump sons opened a hotel in Vancouver BC a few months ago, they called themselves "progressive" and hoped to open hotels in Seattle and the Bay Area. They were openly mocked and ridiculed. They want the money from liberals but liberals absolutely cannot stand them.

“The carpark is rarely even half full,” said Milne, 53, looking out again on Friday under clear blue skies. “For what was supposedly the best golf course in the world, I don’t really think this is a resounding success.”

A few hours after Milne spoke, he got some confirmation. A financial report that Trump’s company filed with the British government shows he has lost millions of dollars at the resort, called the Trump International Golf Links, as well as at a second one on the other side of Scotland overlooking the Irish Sea.

Trump Loses Millions At Scottish Resorts For Third Year In A Row – Talking Points Memo

Trump is making money off of taxpayers by charging the Secret Service to access his properties ($65K to use his elevators in one month) but he'll hand his children the legacy of the Trump name.
The Scottish are a bunch of liberal blowhards who will turn purple and explode.

They can't manage their resentments and better than their booze and they mock the United States of America regardless of Trump. I have family from there who literally mocked us, New Yorkers, etc., just days after 9/11.

I have no use for them and I have no use for y'all that side with them. Any good Scots that ever were came over to America hundreds of years ago and became hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:09 PM

51,638 posts, read 25,770,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Scottish are a bunch of liberal blowhards who will turn purple and explode.

They can't manage their resentments and better than their booze and they mock the United States of America regardless of Trump. I have family from there who literally mocked us, New Yorkers, etc., just days after 9/11.

I have no use for them and I have no use for y'all that side with them. Any good Scots that ever were came over to America hundreds of years ago and became hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains.
It's a shame some folks have nothing to add to the discussion other than insults and tales about unpleasant family members.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:11 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,590,117 times
Poor Trump Haters Can't make up their minds.
  • Trump makes money on a property = Trump is getting rich off being President.
  • Trump loses money on a property = Trump is lying about how much money he has.
The Derangment on display is quite delicious.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:37 PM

51,638 posts, read 25,770,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
In the Orlando area, this has been quite a problem. People buy homes situated around a golf course and years later it shuts down. Then they see their property values drop. This happened to one about a mile from where we lived. Area went from a nicely manicured course to a weed infested eyesore. Then it got sold to a developer who was going to put apartments up, which didn't make property owners happy. Last I heard, the county was looking to buy it for a park which didn't make some taxpayers happy about spending their $ to keep property values up in the area.
I imagine not.

Lot of golf courses seem to be going downhill. As the old duffers die off and are not replaced younger ones, there are more complaints about poor maintenance of the greens, erosion and water damage that is not repaired, fairways and roughs with huge areas where bare earth is showing, sand traps that haven't been raked in forever, ...

Old 10-11-2017, 04:40 PM

16,503 posts, read 8,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The Trump reputation is becoming toxic and this may have long term effects for Trump businesses.
Let me guess, this on some level makes you happy, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies