Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 08:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I hear Mar-a-Lago has available housing.
That would be hysterical. "We're here and we brought our own paper towels!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 08:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Some of you guys are really living in your own delusional bubble. They are citizens. They have every right to be here. The OP even said as much. They are welcome here. Now lets get rid of the people who dont have a right to be here, no matter what color they are.
^^^^^ This.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL, brown people invading the US and the wall can't stop them! Trumpster heads exploding everywhere!
Only someone living in their own biased and hateful world would someone make such a statement as yours calling Puerto Ricans brown people and comparing them to illegal aliens from Mexico.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:12 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only someone living in their own biased and hateful world would someone make such a statement as yours calling Puerto Ricans brown people and comparing them to illegal aliens from Mexico.
It's humor. I guess some Trump supporters are on edge because he's not doing well while in office and he's not doing well in the approval polls. And nowhere did I compare Puerto Ricans to Mexicans -- you built that strawman all by yourself.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:13 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Two weeks after the storm devastated Puerto Rico, tens of thousands of hurricane evacuees are packing scheduled flights and charter jets in what officials there and in states across the U.S. fear is the beginning of a mass exodus of historic proportions.

The mainland had already been absorbing record numbers of Puerto Ricans fleeing economic decline and a mounting debt crisis, with more than 700,000 migrating between 2006 and 2015. Some people also moved back over that time, but after decades of population growth, the island saw the total number of residents drop from about 3.8 million to 3.4 million — or more than 10%.

Puerto Ricans fleeing their hurricane-ravaged island are pouring into the U.S. mainland - LA Times

IMHO we're gonna see another million or 2 Puerto Ricans say the hell with the island and, I can't blame those people cause ALL of their kind are US citizens so they can go anywhere in the US.
Isn't it great that we Americans can freely travel across the country?

Old 10-10-2017, 08:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
so OP, what is your point? they are US citizens and they can move freely back and forth to every US territory and state.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I wasn't offended, I got the joke

Old 10-10-2017, 08:41 PM

368 posts, read 454,031 times
These states will get the bulk of them --> Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, & Texas.

The metropolitan areas of Orlando & Philadelphia, in particular, will get the lions share.

This heavy migration thats starting to occur post maria, will be good for PR populations in the mainland but bad for Puerto Rico itself.

Last edited by Spreadofknowledge; 10-10-2017 at 09:52 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Two weeks after the storm devastated Puerto Rico, tens of thousands of hurricane evacuees are packing scheduled flights and charter jets in what officials there and in states across the U.S. fear is the beginning of a mass exodus of historic proportions.

The mainland had already been absorbing record numbers of Puerto Ricans fleeing economic decline and a mounting debt crisis, with more than 700,000 migrating between 2006 and 2015. Some people also moved back over that time, but after decades of population growth, the island saw the total number of residents drop from about 3.8 million to 3.4 million — or more than 10%.

Puerto Ricans fleeing their hurricane-ravaged island are pouring into the U.S. mainland - LA Times

IMHO we're gonna see another million or 2 Puerto Ricans say the hell with the island and, I can't blame those people cause ALL of their kind are US citizens so they can go anywhere in the US.

What do you mean "those people and all their kind". Pretty disgusting and racist since they are US citizens. Did you not know that. I'm sure I'm not the first here to enlighten you.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:58 PM

296 posts, read 232,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's humor. I guess some Trump supporters are on edge because he's not doing well while in office and he's not doing well in the approval polls. And nowhere did I compare Puerto Ricans to Mexicans -- you built that strawman all by yourself.

Many of us don't appreciate your "sense of humor".
It's quite obvious you have a lot of hate inside you for Trump his supporters. You seem quite racist to me, the first thing you think of when PR is mentioned is 'brown skinned people', when most of us think of victims of a hurricane seeking refuge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies