Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 03:30 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

I have 7 sons.

I'm a believer that all kids learn what they see vs learning by what they hear you say. At a certain age, most kids tune out adults anyway. Remember the "Peanuts" shows where all you ever heard from the grown ups was "Wa Wa ... wa wa waa waaa wa ..."?

Because anything a parent had to say was irrelevant.

But they are always watching. And they see things differently than we do. For my boys to know how to treat women, my opinion & the words that expressed it; meant squat. What mattered was how I was treated by men.

If their dad left me with children to raise because he found another woman? Then I & all women were replaceable.

If their dad stayed but was verbally abusive to me? Then I & all women were dis-respectable.

If their dad stayed but continued to fool around? Then I & all women were usable.

If dad was physically abusive? Then I & all women were abuse-able.

Actions have always spoke louder than words.

If I were to say : "We are struggling because; I left your dad because he was a poor provider & had a gambling problem. He doesn't pay child support so I have to work two jobs & that's why I can't go to your ball game."

A boy will think: "I don't matter to my mom because she didn't matter to my dad."

A girl will think: "I won't matter to the father of my kids because mom didn't matter to the father of her's."

And the cycle begins.

OP; if you are a man? You don't have to worry about how Trump does flip ... Nobody's son is taking their cue from Trump ... They are taking it from YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 04:50 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There is zero proof on Bill Clinton raping anyone. His law license was suspended because he lied about consensual oral sex, not rape, and technically, he didn't lose his license, he would in fact be eligible to apply for reinstatement if he wanted.

That's the big difference here- Conservatives only are disgusted when a non-Conservative does things like this. When it's a GOP member, they elect him President. That's what I call disgusting.
Clinton was/is a sexual predator and rapist

yes bill Clinton should be in jail for his assault against women

clinton was the commander in chief...UCMJ lists adultry as a crime

clinton was also a sexual harrasser, and sexual assaulter.....

clinton was impeached for lying under oath...not about monica, but about the previous sexual ASSAULT case

paula jones was a VICTIM of that molester clinton....before he became potus

lewisnki was the final puzzle piece..the sauce for the goose....clinton lied to protect himself...and he got caught

what was starrs original charter...to investigate the questionable death of vince foster..and whitewater.... Paula Jones, who was suing President Clinton over a sexual assault.

btw Clinton and his defense team then challenged Jones' right to bring a civil lawsuit against a sitting president for an incident that occurred prior to the defendant's becoming president. The Clinton defense team took the position that the trial should be delayed until the president was no longer in office, because the job of the president is unique and does not allow him to take time away from it to deal with a private civil lawsuit. The case went through the courts, eventually reaching the Supreme Court on January 13, 1997. On May 27, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against Clinton, and allowed the lawsuit to proceed

clinton entered into an out-of-court settlement, agreeing to pay Jones

and lets not forget Gennifer Flowers ,,,who he had had a 12-year relationship with .... Bill Clinton PUBLICLY denied having a relationship with Flowers ......yet...In his presidential deposition in January 1998, while denying Kathleen Willey's sexual accusations against him, Bill Clinton admitted that he had a sexual encounter with Flowers.

99% of liberals say "clinton was impeached because of a blowjob by monica"

when in fact he was impeached based on a sexual harassment suit and his lying under oath and had nothing to do with monica

are you another mesmerized liberal woman hater , who doesnt believe Kathleen Willey or Jenifer Flowers, or Paula Jones

clinton settled out of court on the Jones case, paying her nearly a million dollars

are you saying Juanita Broaddrick | Kathleen Willey | Paula Jones | Sandra Allen James | Eileen Wellstone | Christy Zercher | Carolyn Moffet | Helen Dowdy | Becky Brown | Regina Blakely Hopper | Monica Lewinsky | Elizabeth Ward Gracen | Gennifer Flowers | Connie Hamzy | Dolly Kyle Browning | Sally Miller (Sally Perdue) | Lencola Sullivan are all 100% liars???

Old 10-11-2017, 05:33 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Tell that to all the young boys and girls who are raped and molested by priests.
God and priests are different and there is no comparision from one to the other, they are also not interchangeable.
When you learn the difference you might understand choices made by humans.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
My husband is the one who is showing my sons how to respect women by being the perfect role model in his respect for me. He also does not allow any kind of disrespect by them toward me. This is the reason a father is so necessary in the home - to teach children (especially sons) to grow up to be respectful and productive human beings, husbands, and fathers.
Unless that *father* happens to be a career criminal, alcoholic, physically, mentally and sexually abusive human.
Even the best role models can have children who grow up to be predators, serial killers, career criminals, etc.
No parent is guaranteed anything with their adult children no matter how good or bad the parenting is.
That is the reality of being parents, being children, being human and living in the real world.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
But aren't priests raised to love GOD? According to the post I quoted... they are raising their kids to love GOD so that they don't become sexual predators.
Priests are not *raised* like crops, they choose their profession just like everyone else.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
When Obama was president we knew that there was no way our son could ever become a a sexual predator, so we just let him live his own life.

Now that Trump is in office it's quite clear that if we don't do something he'll most likely become a predator. We're not quite sure how to bring it up though. We're thinking about just telling him not too sexually assault or rape women and stuff.
Just tell him to stick with young interns.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:29 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Unless that *father* happens to be a career criminal, alcoholic, physically, mentally and sexually abusive human.
Even the best role models can have children who grow up to be predators, serial killers, career criminals, etc.
No parent is guaranteed anything with their adult children no matter how good or bad the parenting is.
That is the reality of being parents, being children, being human and living in the real world.
Sure it's possible. But a loving two parent household gives a much better chance than one without. I was answering the OP's question posed to mothers. Nothing in life is guaranteed. That is a given.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I have 7 sons.

I'm a believer that all kids learn what they see vs learning by what they hear you say. At a certain age, most kids tune out adults anyway. Remember the "Peanuts" shows where all you ever heard from the grown ups was "Wa Wa ... wa wa waa waaa wa ..."?

Because anything a parent had to say was irrelevant.

But they are always watching. And they see things differently than we do. For my boys to know how to treat women, my opinion & the words that expressed it; meant squat. What mattered was how I was treated by men.

If their dad left me with children to raise because he found another woman? Then I & all women were replaceable.

If their dad stayed but was verbally abusive to me? Then I & all women were dis-respectable.

If their dad stayed but continued to fool around? Then I & all women were usable.

If dad was physically abusive? Then I & all women were abuse-able.

Actions have always spoke louder than words.

If I were to say : "We are struggling because; I left your dad because he was a poor provider & had a gambling problem. He doesn't pay child support so I have to work two jobs & that's why I can't go to your ball game."

A boy will think: "I don't matter to my mom because she didn't matter to my dad."

A girl will think: "I won't matter to the father of my kids because mom didn't matter to the father of her's."

And the cycle begins.

OP; if you are a man? You don't have to worry about how Trump does flip ... Nobody's son is taking their cue from Trump ... They are taking it from YOU.
I agree with most of what you say. BUT what we have to remember is that there is a large segment of the population -- rich and poor that don't have the structure, example at home.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What are you doing so your son doesn't grow up to be a sexual predator?

Are you having a discussion with your son?
From the time they were able to touch other people or get in other people's personal space, I've taught them they are not entitled to do so. If someone says, "Please don't do X" we listen to that person because it is their space and their bodies...not ours.

I've also raised them to see females as equal to them and to do things for themselves. I've raised them to understand how to treat other human beings the way they themselves would want to be treated.

I've also been very open with them about sexuality in all aspects.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:09 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,248,316 times
Sorry I'm late to this thread. For those asking me why I asked that question. It's just an immediate question that popped into my head. Also I came across this video from Mayim Bialik:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFb0EDl-JS8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies