Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2017/...i-lgbt-summit/

The Family Research Council is a registered hate group and a more extreme offshoot of James Dobson's "Focus on the Family." It is a huge proponent of ex-gay conversion therapy and false facts that attempt to paint homosexuality as a choice and something that can be cured by discredited therapy and prayer.

Why do conservatives feel so threatened by LGBT people? It's always a winning strategy for Republicans to wave the Bible and lament how the gays are destroying this country. Every hurricane, act of terrorism, economic disaster, etc is always the fault of God being angry because as of now, this country allows gay people to exist (that wouldn't be the case if most conservatives had their way).

Conservatives are only sympathetic to LGBT causes when they want to use them as a weapon against Islam. In reality, while Muslims throw gay people off buildings, evangelical Christians simply harass, bully, and abuse LGBT youth into doing it themselves. It's the same end result.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Registered with whom?

Let me guess, the SPLC. ROFLMAO.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump confirmed as keynote speaker for anti-LGBT conference

The Family Research Council is a registered hate group and a more extreme offshoot of James Dobson's "Focus on the Family." It is a huge proponent of ex-gay conversion therapy and false facts that attempt to paint homosexuality as a choice and something that can be cured by discredited therapy and prayer.

Why do conservatives feel so threatened by LGBT people? It's always a winning strategy for Republicans to wave the Bible and lament how the gays are destroying this country. Every hurricane, act of terrorism, economic disaster, etc is always the fault of God being angry because as of now, this country allows gay people to exist (that wouldn't be the case if most conservatives had their way).

Conservatives are only sympathetic to LGBT causes when they want to use them as a weapon against Islam. In reality, while Muslims throw gay people off buildings, evangelical Christians simply harass, bully, and abuse LGBT youth into doing it themselves. It's the same end result.
Registered by who? The SPLC? That group has lost their credibility.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:35 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:

what twaddle

Old 10-11-2017, 02:36 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Trump confirmed as keynote speaker for anti-LGBT conference

Oh really? Just where does one go to register a hate group? Just want to know to pass the info on to some BLM participants.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:

First question: How do you become a registered hate group? Is there a website where you sign up for that? Are people actually registering their organizations as a hate group? Like, does someone go to a website and say to themselves, "Well, it's not really a charity, it isn't a service business.... oh, there's hate group, I'll register as that."

I'm pretty sure that what you mean to say is that the FRC is considered a hate group by a watchdog group (SPLC, right? I'm pretty sure I'm right) that has already been discredited as a group that leans heavily to the left and is known to put any group that they don't agree with on their "hate group" list. Considering that they don't list either the BLM or Antifa - both groups which espouse hatred for other groups - on their website it's rather difficult to take them seriously.

As for conservatives hating LGBT people, or feeling threatened by them, most don't. The vast majority of conservatives could care less if you are gay. There is a tiny number of conservatives, some of whom are unfortunately very vocal, that hate gay people. Saying that every conservative is gay because of that tiny minority is the same as saying that every liberal hates the police because BLM does. We all know that the second statement is false, and we should all know that the first statement is false. Apparently, some people are too blinded by partisanship to understand that, though.

You also mistakenly lump conservatives in with evangelical Christians. News flash, not all conservatives are religious. In fact, I think it would be hard to even claim that most conservatives are religious. And even if you could prove that most conservatives are religious, it's a definite fact that they aren't all evangelical Christians.

Do I agree with some of the things that have been said by the FRC? No, I don't. I'm a libertarian and believe that we should live and let live. Do all conservatives agree with some of the things said by the FRC? No, they don't. Just like not all liberals walk around chanting "death to cops" or physically attacking people who don't agree with them.

You managed to work yourself up into a frenzy over something that only exists in your head.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:54 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:

Hate groups are registered? I don't think so.....

Old 10-11-2017, 03:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Of course he is. Sad for those LGBT that believed his promises that he would not harm them.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:05 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Of course he is. Sad for those LGBT that believed his promises that he would not harm them.
So speaking at an event is the equivalent of harming LGBT people because the event is being hosted by people who don't like the LGBT community?

Now I understand why liberals keep trying to call Trump a racist even though he has done nothing racist.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Nothing has harmed me in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies