Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:56 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

We don’t yet know the full scope of the Russian involvement in the 2016 election.

But we do know that they placed ads that were clearly designed to exploit racial and political tensions in our election and to weaken support for the NATO alliance among our allies. They clearly took and are still taking steps against our interests and remain a hostile world power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 04:08 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
No, what we mean is; Russia tried to influence the election. Which has been proven by the way. Facebook and google have both admitted to it. Nice try, thanks for playing, take your lovely parting gifts on the way out.
And they also tried to do the same in 2012 yet no outrage ? No big investigations ? Just *crickets*

Old 10-13-2017, 04:13 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
I know that Stormfront has been shut down but I wish that its former denizens would find another forum to infest. Seems like every day it gets a little worse.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:56 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
It's elite-speak for

"We think American voters are dumb, especially those in the swing states this past election (but not the 2 before that when they voted for Obama). We're all smart and get our news from accurate, unbiased sources like NPR (lol!!!!), but everyone else is dumb and doesn't know how to use the internet and got influenced by Facebook ads from people in Russia. Hillary was objectively the better candidate and those of us who voted for her knew all the right facts and everyone else was brainwashed when they went to the ballot box."

Give me a break ...
Refusing to accept facts does not make them false.

Here- I give you a break. You really need it to *********r head on straight. Please come back when you feel better.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, dear, the white race isn't going to be eliminated. You don't have to be afraid of the future.
Yes, current policies ensure the genocide of the white race. The governments enforcing those policies do not intend to ever end those policies. And you're in favor of those policies. You're a genocider.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
No, what we mean is; Russia tried to influence the election. Which has been proven by the way. Facebook and google have both admitted to it. Nice try, thanks for playing, take your lovely parting gifts on the way out.
Google and facebook admitted to taking illegal money from Russia? Can you quote this somewhere because that would mean they have to give the money back...

I'd like to sell their stocks short when they announce the money being returned..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/t...tical-ads.html
Most of the 3,000 ads did not refer to particular candidates

touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.”
Those topics sure sound like hot points for Democrats, not Republicans.. I wonder if when this is all done, Dems planted these ads in order to pretend trump was colluding. They sure did seem to know about them ahead of time..

Old 10-14-2017, 11:27 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

OMG! The meddling!! I am outraged! LMAO!

Compared to what we have done to meddle in others choices,https://goo.gl/images/SKGmnr this is unbelievable!

We have only done this a couple of times. Shame on Russia!

The U.S. has a long history of attempting to influence presidential elections in other countries – it’s done so as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000, according to a database amassed by political scientist Dov Levin of Carnegie Mellon University.

That number doesn’t include military coups and regime change efforts following the election of candidates the U.S. didn’t like, notably those in Iran, Guatemala and Chile. Nor does it include general assistance with the electoral process, such as election monitoring
.The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries - LA Times

Facebook ads? Wow! I am so glad we used our funds for this investigation. Whew, work well worth it!
The first thing I said to the people I was with when I heard the Russians may have meddled in the election or tried to was "SO WHAT"? We have been doing that for years. How many legitimate governments has the United States destabilized? In addition where was the outrage when Joe Kennedy fixed the election in Chicago, Michigan, Kansas and other parts of the Mid-west for JFK using the Mafia. It's all Bull. Trump is right it's a witch hunt. Trump ain't going nowhere.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
The first thing I said to the people I was with when I heard the Russians may have meddled in the election or tried to was "SO WHAT"? We have been doing that for years. How many legitimate governments has the United States destabilized? In addition where was the outrage when Joe Kennedy fixed the election in Chicago, Michigan, Kansas and other parts of the Mid-west for JFK using the Mafia. It's all Bull. Trump is right it's a witch hunt. Trump ain't going nowhere.
No one cared when Obama had their security settings disabled on credit card charges during his first election, to allow overseas donations.... and they received lots of them, but now all of a sudden, the left has to act outraged, over something they cant even prove took place..

Old 10-14-2017, 11:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
It's not just liberals saying it, morons. There's a reason why Republicans in Congress are investigating the Russian hacking as well as Democrats. It's a serious threat to democracies around the world. If you want to bury your collective no-nothing heads in the sand, go ahead, but you'll only continue to look like a bunch of fools.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not just liberals saying it, morons. There's a reason why Republicans in Congress are investigating the Russian hacking as well as Democrats. It's a serious threat to democracies around the world. If you want to bury your collective no-nothing heads in the sand, go ahead, but you'll only continue to look like a bunch of fools.
FITTON: Obama campaign's illegal foreign donations - Washington Times

Let me know when the investigation begins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies