Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 07:32 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It's debatable whether or not Jesus turned the water into fermented wine; it could have been grape juice, that's why it was so good. Nonetheless, people today are just using these things to pleasure seek, and judgment is falling. It's going to get real ugly.
You are absolutely wrong about your assessment of the plant that God gave us. You have no clue to all of its uses and benefits. You have simply fallen victim to the brainwashing that is the War on Drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 07:51 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You are absolutely wrong about your assessment of the plant that God gave us. You have no clue to all of its uses and benefits. You have simply fallen victim to the brainwashing that is the War on Drugs.
God gave us all kinds of plants for all kinds of purposes. Nearly all drugs come from plants for good or bad including poisons such arsenic, ricin, hemlock, and many many others.
Don't kid yourself that just because something comes from a plant it's wonderful to inhale or ingest because it gives you a high. Inhaling any smoke is bad for your lungs. You've also fallen victim to brainwashing if you think otherwise.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
God gave us all kinds of plants for all kinds of purposes. Nearly all drugs come from plants for good or bad including poisons such arsenic, ricin, hemlock, and many many others.
Don't kid yourself that just because something comes from a plant it's wonderful to inhale or ingest because it gives you a high. Inhaling any smoke is bad for your lungs. You've also fallen victim to brainwashing if you think otherwise.
It's your position then that industry should be shut down as it is bad for our lungs? Drugs that are "approved" by the government have side effect after side effect listed. Is the government going to hell?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's your position then that industry should be shut down as it is bad for our lungs? Drugs that are "approved" by the government have side effect after side effect listed. Is the government going to hell?
No, it's my position that all drugs have positive and negative effects. Just because something comes from a plant, it doesn't mean it's good for you as some people seem to believe, especially if you are inhaling it and contaminating your lungs with pollutants since most people smoke it for the sole purpose of getting high, not for medical reasons.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
No, it's my position that all drugs have positive and negative effects. Just because something comes from a plant, it doesn't mean it's good for you as some people seem to believe, especially if you are inhaling it and contaminating your lungs with pollutants since most people smoke it for the sole purpose of getting high, not for medical reasons.
So far you have noted it's negative affects on your lungs as to why it's bad. As I note, so is industry. Should we make that illegal also?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
I love it when people with nothing except inexperience, opinions, and studies that they have no idea who funded come here to debate cannabis. There are several posters in this thread that fit the description.

I love it because what I like to do is spell out my history with the plant, in varying amounts of detail, trying to get an engaging response in return. But it never happens. Either they think I am lying, or they respond with the same old canned responses that usually cites some old study.

In this particular post, I have decided on only a moderate level of detail:

I am 60 years old, I'll be 61 in just a few weeks. I have used cannabis almost daily for over 45 years. I could fill you in on my health, my career, my accomplishments, etc., but let's just say during this period I have been quite the entrepreneur, paid my taxes, smiled, opened the door for people, and have never filed a medical insurance claim in my life.

For the last 20 years I have studied more about the plant itself and how it became illegal. So I'm pretty up to speed on that part too.

So I have some questions for you self-proclaimed experts here on this thread:

I want to know why you know better than I about how the plant affects me and my life?

I want to know why some of you would rather have seen me in prison for these 45 years rather than be a productive member of society?

Also, exactly when will it affect my brain? I mean, at this point I can still type, work, spell, pay taxes, etc. When will I lose these abilities because of my cannabis use?

When are my lungs going to become nothing but a big lump of cancer?

When am I going to be involved in a fatal car crash (my last accident was in 1981)?

When am I going to stop being productive and do nothing but sit on the couch and eat Doritos?

When am I going to have to have the government start taking care of me (I've never taken a government handout in my life)?

When am I going to gateway to something even worse?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So far you have noted it's negative affects on your lungs as to why it's bad. As I note, so is industry. Should we make that illegal also?
You don't stand in front of a smoke stack spewing pollution into the air or inhale deeply from the exhaust pipe of your car do you?
For many years, CA set the standard for air pollution control for a good reason reducing the amounts of toxins people inhale.
BTW, I never said pot should be illegal. You just want to paint me as an anti-pot extremist which I'm not. I do believe some people live in a fantasy world that think smoking pot just to get high is without any risk and is as wholesome as drinking a glass of Perrier water.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
You don't stand in front of a smoke stack spewing pollution into the air or inhale deeply from the exhaust pipe of your car do you?
As I thought........you don't breath in smoke from pot all day like you do the emissions from industry.

Quote:
For many years, CA set the standard for air pollution control for a good reason reducing the amounts of toxins people inhale.
BTW, I never said pot should be illegal. I do believe some people live in a fantasy world that think smoking pot just to get high is without any risk and is as wholesome as drinking a glass of Perrier water.
Which isn't your problem is it?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I love it when people with nothing except inexperience, opinions, and studies that they have no idea who funded come here to debate cannabis. There are several posters in this thread that fit the description.

I love it because what I like to do is spell out my history with the plant, in varying amounts of detail, trying to get an engaging response in return. But it never happens. Either they think I am lying, or they respond with the same old canned responses that usually cites some old study.

In this particular post, I have decided on only a moderate level of detail:

I am 60 years old, I'll be 61 in just a few weeks. I have used cannabis almost daily for over 45 years. I could fill you in on my health, my career, my accomplishments, etc., but let's just say during this period I have been quite the entrepreneur, paid my taxes, smiled, opened the door for people, and have never filed a medical insurance claim in my life.

For the last 20 years I have studied more about the plant itself and how it became illegal. So I'm pretty up to speed on that part too.

So I have some questions for you self-proclaimed experts here on this thread:

I want to know why you know better than I about how the plant affects me and my life?

I want to know why some of you would rather have seen me in prison for these 45 years rather than be a productive member of society?

Also, exactly when will it affect my brain? I mean, at this point I can still type, work, spell, pay taxes, etc. When will I lose these abilities because of my cannabis use?

When are my lungs going to become nothing but a big lump of cancer?

When am I going to be involved in a fatal car crash (my last accident was in 1981)?

When am I going to stop being productive and do nothing but sit on the couch and eat Doritos?

When am I going to have to have the government start taking care of me (I've never taken a government handout in my life)?

When am I going to gateway to something even worse?
You sound rather obsessed with cannabis. I wonder why.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
God made poison Ivey but we have sense enough not to eat poison Ivey soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies