Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 09:36 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So yes or no to having turned all of Korea over to the Communists in 1950 and having the entire peninsula controlled by the Kim's?
Korea wasn't ours to turn over or defend. Its this arrogant thinking that gets our troops killed.
Quote:
And yes or no to having to fight the Japanese in California with the loss of millions of Americans' childrens' lives?
Never happened, was never gonna happen but if it did I would be for forcefully defending.

Quote:
And yes or no to having the Germans set up death camps in Massachusetts, Virginia, and Florida?
How would they do this without subjugating us first? Would never have happened regardless of our entry into WWII.
See globe with Atlantic Ocean seperating continents for further evidence

Quote:
Feel free to cower. The rest of us are not afraid to fight evil, and to protect your right to be a poltroon.
Calling the one with enough integrity and moral consistency to question the wars a coward =Phony patriot 101
And noted that you never directly answered my question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,287,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Korea wasn't ours to turn over or defend. Its this arrogant thinking that gets our troops killed.

Never happened, was never gonna happen but if it did I would be for forcefully defending.

How would they do this without subjugating us first? Would never have happened regardless of our entry into WWII.
See globe with Atlantic Ocean seperating continents for further evidence

Calling the one with enough integrity and moral consistency to question the wars a coward =Phony patriot 101
And noted that you never directly answered my question
Nor did you answer mine. Just a lot of weaseling and bitterness at your lack of historical knowledge, and obvious ignorance at how national service actually works -- which is not surprising...

Old 10-13-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Nor did you answer mine. Just a lot of weaseling and bitterness at your lack of historical knowledge, and obvious ignorance at how national service actually works -- which is not surprising...
More muddling, we weren't discussing national service. You were asked if you would send a child to die for Koreas self interests.You came back with hypotheticals and straw men which I answered as best as anyone could. You have yet to answer my one simple question.

Put me on ignore if you cant discuss with integrity.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:59 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,921,230 times
I tend to agree with the OP. We haven't really fought a war for our freedom since probably the war of 1812. World War II was us butting into European and Asian business. Pearl Harbor was bombed as a preemptive strike and also because we had been strangling Japan's ability to acquire resources. All the wars since then have been abominations.

I appreciate the service of our military members, but they aren't really "fighting for our freedom". It's really more like fighting for our messed up politicians.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
More muddling, we weren't discussing national service. You were asked if you would send a child to die for Koreas self interests.You came back with hypotheticals and straw men which I answered as best as anyone could. You have yet to answer my one simple question.

LOL. A fantasist accuses me of hypotheticals and straw men, and pretends to deny a discussion of national service after asking a loaded, hypothetical question about national service.

Thanks, Frank. There but for the grace of God and all that.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
LOL. A fantasist accuses me of hypotheticals and straw men, and pretends to deny a discussion of national service after asking a loaded, hypothetical question about national service.

Thanks, Frank. There but for the grace of God and all that.
a helpful reminder:
Quote:

Old 10-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
a helpful reminder:
I note that you do do not follow your own advice. A rare wise move. You may learn something, in spite of yourself.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM

13,290 posts, read 7,843,984 times
Quote:
Can you answer my question? Im not the one cowering here.
Lotsa folks I met, used underfear as a cover to keep them from getting exposed or killed.

My good Viet Marine friend, though, after Nixon got elected, told me he was just going to STAY OUT OF THE WAY, for the rest of his life.

From that skill for survival, I took it up, too.

Course, the WAY kept finding and attacking me.

Probably cause I never bought, nor wore, underfear as a very sexy thing.

Where there's a WAY, there's a WAR.

My wore is worn.

It significates a worning, though.

Knowm sane?

Old 10-13-2017, 10:27 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,329,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Name one war where us fighting it literally meant if we didn't fight it we would have been conquered and not allowed to vote or have our rights. The only one I can think of is our fight to become independent against Britain. No soldier alive today has literally fought for our freedom. All the other wars were us fighting on foreign soil usually imposing our belief system and political system on them (Iraq,Afghanistan,Vietnam).
I could not agree more. Well said. Thank you.

Sometimes repping a post is not enough.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:31 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,468,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Name one war where us fighting it literally meant if we didn't fight it we would have been conquered and not allowed to vote or have our rights. The only one I can think of is our fight to become independent against Britain. No soldier alive today has literally fought for our freedom. All the other wars were us fighting on foreign soil usually imposing our belief system and political system on them (Iraq,Afghanistan,Vietnam).
Come on, you have to at least mention ww2. The pearl harbor stuff, have to at least remember that forever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies