Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 11:22 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Great an honest answer, not my problem, thanks.
Why did you start this thread?

Do you think your sometimes overt and sometimes passive aggressive attempts to get those who disagree with you to feel what you see as the guilt they need to feel is going to work.....ending up with changed minds?

Or do you want to get said people on the record in a centralized place that you can use in the future for purposes of demonizing them in other threads?

Why did you start this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 11:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So you're saying State Farm pays for the employees medical insurance in full?
That's not what I said at all.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:46 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Back to emergency rooms and dumping the cost onto hospitals and the feds.
Every ER should have a 24/7 health clinic next to it. Unless they are bleeding out or in real trauma, move the patient over to the clinic that could be manned in part by med students and nurses.

The poor should only be given the bare minimum of healthcare. Why should they deserve free heart or liver transplants? Or transgender operations?

The main problem with our healthcare system is how much it costs in the US and Obamacare didn't address that. And Obamacare didn't force healthy young people into buying into the system in any real way.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:52 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why insist on taxes to provide for the poor? The right believes in personal responsibilty to support oneself and one's dependents, and absent that among some, voluntary charity.

Like I said... St Jude's and the Shriners have charity hospitals for kids. Why don't liberals open and voluntarily fund charity hospitals/clinics for the poor?
I also believe in private charity but it is woefully inefficient at solving poverty. I also think people should work if they are able. However take away all the government anti poverty programs and the US would become a third world country overnight. I'd rather live in a place that takes care of the poor. The US is the richest nation on earth they could easily do it.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:24 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
So because you and yours could, everyone can? My grandparents also paid cash when my dad was born.
That's my point. Where was this supposed government-paid health care you claim we've had since the founding of the US?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I also believe in private charity but it is woefully inefficient at solving poverty.
How can that possibly be when so many left-wingers are constantly whining about "caring for the poor?" Why aren't they putting their money where their mouths are and adequately funding charities to meet their needs?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:31 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How can that possibly be when so many left-wingers are constantly whining about "caring for the poor?" Why aren't they putting their money where their mouths are and adequately funding charities to meet their needs?
Plenty are not sure why you think they aren't helping. The fact you are so averse to taxation is the real problem you don't want any of your money going to the government because you hate the government. Then people like you vote against things that help the poor. Then you blame the poor after you have kicked the ladder away from them. You also seem a bit confused most democrats are not left wingers they are center right. Real leftists focus on helping the working class not the rich like the republicans and democrats.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Plenty are not sure why you think they aren't helping.
If that were true, everyone else wouldn't have to be taxed to meet their needs.

Quote:
The fact you are so averse to taxation is the real problem you don't want any of your money going to the government because you hate the government.
Not true. The Fed Gov actually does have legitimate purposes: Constitutionally mandated responsibilities.

Quote:
Then people like you vote against things that help the poor. Then you blame the poor after you have kicked the ladder away from them.
I'm going to explain to you again WHY the US has so many poor...

48% of all US births are paid by Medicaid. And 43% of CHIP/Medicaid free health care for the poor enrollees are under age 18. Completely unreasonable in a country in which the poverty rate is only 13.5%.

What started out as a humanitarian effort to ease hardship, has turned into a system that actually encourages and rewards irresponsibility. That is a completely unsustainable problem.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:13 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
So because you and yours could, everyone can? My grandparents also paid cash when my dad was born. When we cleaned out her house after she died we found the bill. Grand total was $61.
What year was he born?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
2 years ago when my niece was born, her delivery was close to $200,000. It was a healthy pregnancy, but there were complications in the last days that resulted in an emergency C-section, but all fairly routine as far as those things go.

Even a completely healthy pregnancy and delivery costs upwards of $20,000.
Why should anybody be forced to pay for your children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies