Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This thread is another peek into the mind of a Trump supporter.

I just saw a news clip where a woman was in tears, as she and her family fled from the fires at the last second, but they have lost everything, like so many others. And there are those who are mourning loved ones. And then we have our "Make America Great Again" friends wanting to withhold assistance until they get their way, like the overgrown children they are. Exploiting a tragedy to try and get their way. What kind of sick crap is that?

Then you have a poster, who claims to be American, say he would feel more sympathy for NK than a state in this country.

Don't forget there are Trump supporters who think the fires are happening in deserts in California, then they have the nerve to call someone else dumb.

There are simply no adjectives strong enough to properly describe these people.
Great post. These are our fellow Americans. We don't ask about their politics when we are providing aid to hurricane victims in Texas or Florida. They are American citizens in crisis, and that is enough. Why should California be different?

Sometimes I read these boards and I am ashamed of some of my fellow Americans, who in times of crisis want to stop and ask for a victim's political affiliation before deciding if they are worthy of help. And so many of them pretend to be Christians on top of it.

It's despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
So you are against big government, but you want the federal government to dictate what the priorities should be for local law enforcement?
It seems many people out there today would be much happier living in a total dictatorship...yet they claim to be proud patriotic americans..???

Old 10-16-2017, 08:59 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and how about all the Californians saying "not my president"

oh the hypocrisy...case in point see post above

seems Californians speak with forked tongue

No, NO hypocrisy here. Trump promised to be everyone's president, he didn't make it conditional on everyone accepting him as their president. But I realize he's too petty of a man to live up to his promise.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:01 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Great post. These are our fellow Americans. We don't ask about their politics when we are providing aid to hurricane victims in Texas or Florida. They are American citizens in crisis, and that is enough. Why should California be different?

Sometimes I read these boards and I am ashamed of some of my fellow Americans, who in times of crisis want to stop and ask for a victim's political affiliation before deciding if they are worthy of help. And so many of them pretend to be Christians on top of it.

It's despicable.
Even worse, we know the underlying politics of those like the Wahabis in Saudi Arabia is to hate western culture yet we still hop in bed with them every chance we get,

Old 10-16-2017, 09:01 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This thread is another peek into the mind of a Trump supporter.

I just saw a news clip where a woman was in tears, as she and her family fled from the fires at the last second, but they have lost everything, like so many others. And there are those who are mourning loved ones. And then we have our "Make America Great Again" friends wanting to withhold assistance until they get their way, like the overgrown children they are. Exploiting a tragedy to try and get their way. What kind of sick crap is that?

Then you have a poster, who claims to be American, say he would feel more sympathy for NK than a state in this country.

Don't forget there are Trump supporters who think the fires are happening in deserts in California, then they have the nerve to call someone else dumb.

There are simply no adjectives strong enough to properly describe these people.
And by the way, some the fires are in Northern California, affecting many of the state's Republicans areas.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Tell us why Donald Trump should not tell Jerry Brown to go "F" himself after the way he has disrespected the President? You act as if politics and reality are never supposed to collide. You act as if decisions don't have consequences. If you think that, tell us why?
Because I would expect the POTUS to be just that for all Americans, like he claimed to be. You know, "Make America Great Again". There is a time and place for everything, and now is not the time.

The only reality is people are dying/losing everything and only an anti-American POS would want to see them suffer, just because they disagree politically.

Did any of you even stop and think that some of the people who are victims in these wildfires could be Trump supporters?

Oh my bad, I said "think". That should've been my first clue.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Close down your sanctuary cities, start cooperating with the feds and following the law regarding immigration, and then we'll talk about financial assistance if you need it.

Until then.....you are on your own.

You can't have it both ways.

You are either part of the country, or you aren't.
What a sad commentary on todays America. "you will conform to Beer Geeks way of thinking or you will get no aid if natural disaster strikes.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:14 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Stop building houses in forests that are known to burn down every 75-150 years or so in a perfectly natural process of cleansing the forest floor of decaying debris. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who choose to put themselves in harm's way. I do grant you that you should NOT spend life running away from danger, but those are the risks you take. With freedom comes personal responsibility. Make sure you have homeowner's insurance and don't go asking for handouts if you didn't have insurance and your house burns down due to an act of nature.

I don't know how it is in CA, but if you hike in the Black Hills of South Dakota it's tree trunks laying everywhere all over the forest floor. It's actually unattractive it's become so excessive. Much of the black hills could use a good burning.
So, should the same attitude apply to the red state people who build and rebuild in the Tornado Alley areas? Those states all voted for Trump. Does that mean that every year when many homes and towns are destroyed by tornadoes those people shouldn't ask for "handouts" due to acts of nature?

Old 10-16-2017, 09:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
On behalf of the idiots in California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, I'd like to thank you for your helpful and intelligent reply. It's been one hell of a fire season all over the American West as well as BC up in Canada. Your ignorance of how things work out here combined with your perky air of condescending superiority should win you all sorts of new friends in places like Montana and even Wyoming. I really don't know why we're all still out here when we could just vote republican, throw up our hands and abandon all our agricultural pursuits as well as evacuate urban centers like Denver and Salt Lake and Spokane and Albuquerque. Gee! That was easy. Keep it up and even the folks in Utah are going to start voting Progressive out of sheer self defense.

BTW, why should cities have to use local tax revenues for federal programs that are wildly unpopular with the voters who live there? If you and the Feds are so excited about enforcing these laws then shell out some federal money to cover their cost and send in the mafia from the East Coast to be enforcers. Your bill to cover the cost of ICE's activities in San Francisco will be in the mail tomorrow. Don't forget that a timely manner of payment is required.

Love,
The American West
Applause, applause!!!!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Tell us why Donald Trump should not tell Jerry Brown to go "F" himself after the way he has disrespected the President? You act as if politics and reality are never supposed to collide. You act as if decisions don't have consequences. If you think that, tell us why?
If you do not have the common sense and common decency to figure this out, no amount of explaining is likely to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies