Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 07:06 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That was my first thought too, but apparently many folks want to use it as leverage during a disaster. These are likely the same people that buy up real estate when there is blood in the streets.
"Never let a crisis go to waste".... liberal hero Rahm Emmanuel.
Remember that quote?

Yeah, we are going to use leverage to get CA to start cooperating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Remember that quote?

"I will be president for ALL Americans" _____ Donald Trump

Remember that quote?

I can't seem to find where he qualified that statement with conditions of what their states may have been doing/not doing. Can you?

Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Remember that quote?

I can't seem to find where he qualified that statement with conditions of what their states may have been doing/not doing. Can you?
I remember it, and he is not my president.

His decision.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:

Remember that quote?

and how about all the Californians saying "not my president"

oh the hypocrisy...case in point see post above

seems Californians speak with forked tongue

Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
This thread is another peek into the mind of a Trump supporter.

I just saw a news clip where a woman was in tears, as she and her family fled from the fires at the last second, but they have lost everything, like so many others. And there are those who are mourning loved ones. And then we have our "Make America Great Again" friends wanting to withhold assistance until they get their way, like the overgrown children they are. Exploiting a tragedy to try and get their way. What kind of sick crap is that?

Then you have a poster, who claims to be American, say he would feel more sympathy for NK than a state in this country.

Don't forget there are Trump supporters who think the fires are happening in deserts in California, then they have the nerve to call someone else dumb.

There are simply no adjectives strong enough to properly describe these people.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 AM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Sanctuary cities still legal. Fed govt still responsible to help states and territories in times of need. Sorry but it's a simple as that.
No, actually the FedGov does not have that responsibility. At least not automatically. The law provides that the disaster relief can be made available when the President declares a disaster. He is not compelled to ever make that declaration, and the money is available only if he makes it available. So, the OP is correct that if California wants disaster relief, then perhaps they should play nice with the President who who holds the keys to the checkbook.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This thread is another peek into the mind of a Trump supporter.

I just saw a news clip where a woman was in tears, as she and her family fled from the fires at the last second, but they have lost everything, like so many others. And there are those who are mourning loved ones. And then we have our "Make America Great Again" friends wanting to withhold assistance until they get their way, like the overgrown children they are. Exploiting a tragedy to try and get their way. What kind of sick crap is that?

Then you have a poster, who claims to be American, say he would feel more sympathy for NK than a state in this country.

Don't forget there are Trump supporters who think the fires are happening in deserts in California, then they have the nerve to call someone else dumb.

There are simply no adjectives strong enough to properly describe these people.
Tell us why Donald Trump should not tell Jerry Brown to go "F" himself after the way he has disrespected the President? You act as if politics and reality are never supposed to collide. You act as if decisions don't have consequences. If you think that, tell us why?

Old 10-16-2017, 08:55 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Close down your sanctuary cities, start cooperating with the feds and following the law regarding immigration, and then we'll talk about financial assistance if you need it.

Until then.....you are on your own.

You can't have it both ways.

You are either part of the country, or you aren't.
So you are against big government, but you want the federal government to dictate what the priorities should be for local law enforcement?

Old 10-16-2017, 08:56 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:

Remember that quote?

Illegal aliens are not Americans, for one. And, we need to make sure any funding is not spent on illegal aliens unless it is for their export to their home country.

Harboring illegal aliens is against the law. I hope soon to see the churches and cities doing that get hit anyway we can get it done.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Remember that quote?

I'm with you, brother. Trump should extract major concessions from Jerry Brown if he wants disaster assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies