Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Colin Kaepernick have a case
YES 28 21.21%
NO 104 78.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:43 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Not really. He became one-dimensional and was terrible at reading defenses. He had a couple of good years and then the teams figured him out.

Brandon Weeden was terrible at everything two seasons ago and he was called by the Titans after being out of the NFL for two years. That's the point I am making when it comes to black QB's who are no longer in the NFL.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:48 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Not really. He became one-dimensional and was terrible at reading defenses. He had a couple of good years and then the teams figured him out.
Much like RGIII, who is the political opposite of CK.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:50 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,515 times
Good for him!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,869 times
I do not believe Kap has a case based on collusion, and I do not think that is his intention to win on that. Not sure exactly what he is thinking, but do believe the timing of his decision to file was calculated days before the owner/player meeting to try to resolve the protesting issue.

As far as Kap sucking? That is a subjective term. He is good enough to start for some teams and serve as a back-up for most. Don't listen to what the Monday Morning QB's are saying, listen to what the insiders or former insiders are saying. Insiders excluding the owners.

Besides what we heard from many of the players and coaches on Kaps abilities, there was also a consensus from some who actually are responsible for choosing player personal.

NFL execs admit Kaepernick is better than these 6 starters | New York Post

Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,792,298 times
I hope the owners counter sue for lost revenue/brand damage.

In what world does someone perform their job terribly, completely ruin the brand of their employer, quit & then demand a job within the same company/sue them?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:10 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
NFL Teams are a team business that depends on sponsors and an audience ... and does not do well with divisiveness and distractions. In addition to an outstanding set of skills, a NFL quarterback must also provide the type of leadership that motivates other members of the team. Kopernick came up short in both of these categories and other teams simply decided they didn't want or need his 'excess baggage.'

As NFL teams see their attendance and sponsorship drop, more and more will 'drop the kneeling' in favor of 'enlightened self-interest. The longer this 'fad' continues, the more difficulty the NFL will have getting their fan base back (similar to MLB which lost fans they have still not recovered, due to the 1994-95 strikes). Fans may appreciate and pay to see these tremendous athletes, but, few have much patience for 'overpaid whiners' - who imagine themselves to be more than football players in the eyes of the fans.

Recently, another quarterback found himself in a more positive, but, similar situation. Tim Tebow was so popular with the fans, he became a distraction for the entire team and divided the locker room away from veteran players. If he had been less popular (and a better quarterback), he might have played longer. Kopernick also doesn't enjoy that level of popularity among fans.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:20 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,641 times
Really, Really hard to prove. Unless he can make something appear in writing that every single owner said to each other, they would not hire him, he won't have much of a case. I do think that no owner wants him, but it's them as individuals not wanting him, not them as a whole, unlike when the Baseball owners all made an agreement amongst each other to not sign Free agents above a certain amount.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One simply cannot render an informed opinion based upon what scant knowledge there is.

Mr. Kaepernick filed a grievance; apparently, he was obligated to do so (per NFL bargaining agreement) within 90 days of his discovery of 'collusion'. Perhaps he or his agent has proof that two or more of the NFL teams agreed to not even consider Mr. Kaepernick as a free agent. Who knows? I believe that a neutral arbitrator will be retained to resolve the issue.

Individual teams can decide to not retain his services due to feeling that his presence would be a distraction. There is no obligation to hire him.

Mr. Kaepernick has a pretty hefty burden to show that two, or more, NFL team owners met (whether in person, by email, telephone, etc.) and mutually decided that Mr. Kaepernick would not be retained again by the NFL. In the arbitration process, I will note, there is no 'discovery', so I don't think he can have a judge order the various teams to release their emails, etc.

Of course, if he can prove such, he stands to be awarded 'triple damages', of whatever he could show was his loss of earnings.

Anyway, no vote from me. Perhaps later, if more evidence is forthcoming.
I'm not saying I agree with his anthem stance but he may in fact have a case. The players union proved collusion against MLB ownership in the 80's. CK is good enough to have a job, somewhere. Maybe not making the millions he used to make, and maybe not as a starter this year, but he should be in the league.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM

39,863 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Guess what? If I attacked my employer's customers, cost them business and cost them a whole pile of money-my employer would justifiably fire my azz. And if I did it in such a public way in a field with very few other employers to go to-I'd expect word to get out and those potential employers act to protect their interests as well. It doesn't take "collusion" to realize that Kaepertwit is a liability. Let alone a racist azzhole.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
How about you realize that you just plain suck Colin???
Does he have a case? I don't think so. Seems the new word the left
likes to use now is collusion when they do not get their way.

Colin Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

LOL. This is exactly the kind of thing our president does on a weekly basis - when things don't go your way... LAWSUIT!!!!

Bravo to Kaepernick. He is quickly learning the right-wing's way of doing things.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies