Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:58 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
In all honesty, we really don't have to sweat it.

He's a bumbling fool who's shown that he's incapable of learning on the job.

His big fat lyin' yap will talk him right out of the White House. It's just a matter of time now.

We'll see a growing number of Pubs coming out against him, especially if they absorb big losses in next year's election.

Lots of good content in the responses. The consensus seems to be that it is just a matter of time. A senior politician (the MOST senior) wrote me that we have to trust our system of government to be strong, and over time, right will prevail.

I laughed yesterday when the Donald and McConnell were up there pretending to be friends. They hate one another, and you are right, McConnell would support getting rid of this clown in a heart beat if he thought it was politically judicious. And at some point it will be so.

As for the coming elections, the inside line is that Howard Schultz will run for President on the Democratic ticket. But who else will the Dems have to run in 2018 that is smart, honest, and astute? Seems to me like there is a big hole there.

I will be patient and trust that the damage can be repaired with a better team at the helm. Bannon scares me as well, as The Donald needs him in order to get the far right vote. Could he take us all the way to an authoritarian state? Pray god our system works.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-17-2017 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 10-17-2017, 08:05 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Lately I have become frustrated with the various organizations working on getting theclown out of the White House. Many organizations are following up on the emolumentclause, but it has been nine months on what looked like a lay-up, and stillnothing. The Congress has proposed, or drafted, some legislation to move forward with the articles ofimpeachment, but nothing. The lawsuits are piling up, be they fraud, sexual harassment,rape, and other heinous behaviors, but nothing seems to break the back of thismonster. And then we have Mueller’s work. Seems like he has a very strong teamof very capable investigators, prosecutors, and criminologists who are verycapable of moving forward to get this maniac out of the office, but where arethey? What is going on? I appreciate their confidentiality as regards theirwork, but the more time that goes by, the more work which will need to be doneto get our nation back on track. Just think of the destruction which the Donaldhas done in everything from trade, to jobs, to our allies, to health care, tothe environment, to education, to infrastructure spending—not to mention theoverall embarrassment he has brought to the oval office in front of the internationalaudience. The only friends we have left are four dictators which he thinks arejust thrilling. Oh my god, how did we ever get in such a mess, and how longwill it take to restore our Nation once this jack a$$ is removed from office,and when?

Inthe meantime, what concrete steps can one take to move him toward the door? Igave money, I signed petitions, I battered my senators and congressman withletters and pleas, and I have rallied with purposeful groups to get the message out.

Nothing.

So,what specific steps can a private citizen take to get this nut out of officebefore he destroys everything our Nation has worked so hard, and shed so much blood,to achieve?
How about vote him out in the next election if you feel he is so bad.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You wait 8 years
My biggest nightmare. Maybe, we need to have 2 year terms. This has to be a horrible nightmare. 8 years??? Look what he has accomplished in 10 months..............Soon, we will all be drinking filthy water out of the gutter (what gutters? and eating snails, snakes and whatever is left; if we are lucky. All while Trump plays his fiddle and eats at one of his resorts and has people licking his toes..........................

Old 10-17-2017, 09:00 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
I am so proud of our President Trump. MAGA daily.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
My biggest nightmare. Maybe, we need to have 2 year terms. This has to be a horrible nightmare. 8 years??? Look what he has accomplished in 10 months..............Soon, we will all be drinking filthy water out of the gutter (what gutters? and eating snails, snakes and whatever is left; if we are lucky. All while Trump plays his fiddle and eats at one of his resorts and has people licking his toes..........................
^*****TDS ALERT*****^

If the economy is strong, if consumer confidence is up and unemployment is down there's nothing you or your fellow chicken littles will be able to do to remove the current President.

Let's be honest, people vote with their wallets. All this personal attack crap the left/far left is spewing, all this violence the left is supporting via Anti-Faaaaa and BLM does nothing but alienate everyone who's not far left.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Yea, that's what the Kremlin wanted when they backed Trump. The US government in the hands of the citizens.
You do know that our Government is supposed to be in the hands of the citizens, don't you? That's the way it was designed. That is the nature of a republic. It was the States that formed the Federal Government through our Constitution, and the States are to control the Federal Government.

How do you know the Kremlin backed Trump? They would have known he would be harder on Russia than Hillary. Remember the silly "Russian Reset button?" And, of course there is Hillary's uranium deal she made with the Russians. And how do you ignore Obama's open mic comment: "Ill have more flexibility after my election." Sounds to me like Clinton and Obama were firmly in the hand of the Kremlin.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You do know that our Government is supposed to be in the hands of the citizens, don't you? That's the way it was designed. That is the nature of a republic. It was the States that formed the Federal Government through our Constitution, and the States are to control the Federal Government.

How do you know the Kremlin backed Trump? They would have known he would be harder on Russia than Hillary. Remember the silly "Russian Reset button?" And, of course there is Hillary's uranium deal she made with the Russians. And how do you ignore Obama's open mic comment: "Ill have more flexibility after my election." Sounds to me like Clinton and Obama were firmly in the hand of the Kremlin.
Let's REALLY not forget about the Uranium deal. Evidently more information/issues about the sale to the Russians is coming out implicating several people in alleged wrong doing...

Old 10-17-2017, 05:13 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
So, how do we get rid of the dotard?

Don't make her the Democrat nominee this time in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies