Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:12 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Your argument dies a sad death because I didn't vote for Trump.
You're tirelessly carrying his water. If you voted at all, I find it exceedingly hard to believe it wasn't for Trump.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
And you accuse me of being partisan?<bold> Bawwww hawww hawwww...
Yes, I do.

Trump's tweets and off-the-cuff comments are full of lies, mischaracterizations, and misstatements. You want to ignore that by minimizing it with comments like "they all lie." And I'm telling you that the frequency and blatancy of Trump's lies is unprecedented. That's a FACT. It's not partisanship. It's a FACT.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're tirelessly carrying his water. If you voted at all, I find it exceedingly hard to believe it wasn't for Trump.
I don't try to carry anyones "water". What I do tire of and fight against is the over the top constant baseless bashing, bashing that's wayyyyy beyond what's ever happened to any other elected official ever.

Even though "some" of the complaints are valid, hell, maybe even a lot of the complaints they are always,always taken to a level far out of proportion to the actual offense decried. Think mountain and mole hill.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I don't try to carry anyones "water". What I do tire of and fight against is the over the top constant baseless bashing, bashing that's wayyyyy beyond what's ever happened to any other elected official ever.

Even though "some" of the complaints are valid, hell, maybe even a lot of the complaints they are always,always taken to a level far out of proportion to the actual offense decried. Think mountain and mole hill.
The bashing is in RESPONSE to President Trump's tweets, statements and actions. Maybe if he didn't provide so much fodder, there would be less critique. Maybe if he didn't double-down all the time. Maybe if he didn't pull switcheroos all the time.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I did not vote for Trump either but I understand that we have Trump because of those who refused to hold those who came before responsible for their lies.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, I do.

Trump's tweets and off-the-cuff comments are full of lies, mischaracterizations, and misstatements. You want to ignore that by minimizing it with comments like "they all lie." And I'm telling you that the frequency and blatancy of Trump's lies is unprecedented. That's a FACT. It's not partisanship. It's a FACT.
I don't think you've got a fair comparison. Trump can be (frequently) a disaster when he speaks off the cuff or with his tweets that's the truth of the matter.

To be fair you also have to factor in that he's the first president, hell, the first elected official that's been this open on a daily basis. You have to also factor in that he's not being filtered through a friendly press,friendly congress or very many friendly media in general.

He's not being written for like Obama constantly was and why Obama got the "king of the teleprompter" name. Just another phony actor in my book.
Rarely did we actually hear what Obama really thought and when we did it was NOT very complimentary or nice and sometimes wasn't even coherent. Ummmm,ahhhh,ummmm,ahhhh, well,umm,etc.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I did not vote for Trump either but I understand that we have Trump because of those who refused to hold those who came before responsible for their lies.
That'd be my opinion as well. (lack of) action/reaction is what we've got now.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think you've got a fair comparison. Trump can be (frequently) a disaster when he speaks off the cuff or with his tweets that's the truth of the matter.

To be fair you also have to factor in that he's the first president, hell, the first elected official that's been this open on a daily basis. You have to also factor in that he's not being filtered through a friendly press,friendly congress or very many friendly media in general.

He's not being written for like Obama constantly was and why Obama got the "king of the teleprompter" name. Just another phony actor in my book.
Rarely did we actually hear what Obama really thought and when we did it was NOT very complimentary or nice and sometimes wasn't even coherent. Ummmm,ahhhh,ummmm,ahhhh, well,umm,etc.
To be fair, the fact that he's not being filtered is all the more reason he should apologize when he's caught making false statements.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:55 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Because Trump is not 'filtered', we get to see what a dim witted arse he actually is.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So the fat one decided to have an impromptu press conference today in an attempt to pull his failing presidency and image out of the ditch. Per usual he waxed, waned and careened from one stupid remark to another and blurted fake news when he didn't like the question asked.

However where he really stepped over a line, and once and for all showed how truly despicable and soulless he truly is, when he indicated that unlike HIMSELF, BO and former presidents did not call the families of fallen soldiers as he does. It was an outright LIE. When pressed on the matter he immediately backpedaled and said as usual - well that's what I heard from my generals.

Without a doubt BO called numerous families, wrote letters, visited Walter Reed, greeted the remains of soldiers coming into Dover AFB, while also comforting family members in attendance. In addition the same can be said for both Bushes, Clinton and frankly all former presidents.

Trump is truly a lot sicker than even I imagined when he pulls a stunt like this. Lastly, he has yet to communicate with the families of the fallen soldiers killed in Niger and wait for it - was playing golf on the day the remains of one of the soldiers killed in Niger came home!

Worst President Ever.
FNN fake news narrative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies