Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 11:46 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,144 times

Advertisements

Have to admit, I find the first crack about making people pray a bit funny. The joke about hanging gays was outlandish, but typical for Trump.

I do take pleasure in the fact that Trump is mocking Evangelical right wingers

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence

Last edited by Slats Grobnick; 10-17-2017 at 12:01 AM..

Old 10-16-2017, 11:57 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Have to admit, I find the firsts crack about making people pray a bit funny. The joke about hanging gays was outlandish, but typical for Trump.

I do take pleasure in the fact that Trump is mocking Evangelical right wingers

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence
Interesting article.

I've gone back and forth on wondering who would be worse. The one thing I am afraid of with Trump is that he'll start a nuclear war and that is something we would likely never recover from. That is less of a worry with Pence. I think we would see improved foreign relations under Pence compared to Trump.

However, Pence would probably unleash an all-out assault on the LGBT community. Trump is basically doing what he needs to in order to keep the evangelicals happy but that issue isn't at the top of his agenda. For Pence it would be.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:48 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Interesting article.

I've gone back and forth on wondering who would be worse. The one thing I am afraid of with Trump is that he'll start a nuclear war and that is something we would likely never recover from. That is less of a worry with Pence. I think we would see improved foreign relations under Pence compared to Trump.

However, Pence would probably unleash an all-out assault on the LGBT community. Trump is basically doing what he needs to in order to keep the evangelicals happy but that issue isn't at the top of his agenda. For Pence it would be.

I doubt that the Koch Bros., who are Pence's puppet-masters, would see a nuclear attack as being good for their businesses. They are said not to have any religious motives, but may be willing to exploit Pence's fundamentalist ideology, to serve their interests. Any otherwise conservative voters, who are turned-off by Trump's behavior, might be brought into the fold, by Pence.

But getting a simpleton like Pence re-elected, may be a major challenge, even if they spend many billions of their fortune on it. I see them abandoning Pence in 2020, in a desperate attempt to save the Republican party from going down. They'll probably regard him as just a place-holder, until then. It's impossible to know now, who they might back for the nomination. But that election may be the last time the people of this country have, to escape from the grip they are trying to strengthen around our necks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.