Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM

11,551 posts, read 5,615,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, I guess claiming undetectable bone spurs in the right.........or was it the left heel?............is better that chronic flatulism or uncontrollable verbal diarrhea which he is currently afflicted with.
You are so foolish - bone spurs are easily identified - what proof do you have that he didn't indeed have bone spurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 08:03 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,032,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You are so foolish - bone spurs are easily identified - what proof do you have that he didn't indeed have bone spurs?
Don't you think it's odd that Trump's "bone spurs" miraculously healed the day the Vietnam War ended and were never again a problem for Trump over the rest of his life to the present day? And that Trump was never able to identify the doctor who wrote the letter to the draft board describing Trump's condition? Sure sounds fishy to me.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:06 AM

13,764 posts, read 5,490,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Strange. I don’t remember this level of magnanimity from folks like yourself when it came to Clinton. Everyone who didn’t serve was a gutless coward back during the 1992 campaign.

But now, it’s really no big deal that a guy actively tried to avoid service.

Geez, I wonder why. LOL
It was no big deal for me with Clinton. I try to be as well read on the Constitution and all that went into drafting/ratifying it, and elected, accountable_to_the_people, civilian control of the military was built right in as a way to avoid a common historical problem of standing armies loyal to one leader taking over the government. Thus, military experience, while a nice resume bullet perhaps, was never, ever considered as a requirement for holding even our highest office.

Take a look at the first six presidents. Only 2 had legit military experience, and the other four had zero or those ceremonial military positions reserved for the wealthy/connected. But military bona fides aside, I'll stack Adams->Jefferson->Madison up against any successive trio of leaders in the history of human civilization, even if none of them served in anything more than a ceremonial capacity.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,535,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Don't you think it's odd that Trump's "bone spurs" miraculously healed the day the Vietnam War ended and were never again a problem for Trump over the rest of his life to the present day? And that Trump was never able to identify the doctor who wrote the letter to the draft board describing Trump's condition? Sure sounds fishy to me.
Now. Now. We have no idea if Trump's bones spurs continued to give him problems. It could be that he just gritted his teeth and carried on the best he could.

Not easy playing football, tennis, and golf with painful bone spurs.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,032,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Now. Now. We have no idea if Trump's bones spurs continued to give him problems. It could be that he just gritted his teeth and carried on the best he could.

Not easy playing football, tennis, and golf with painful bone spurs.
The horror! The horror!

Old 10-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 18 days ago)

34,495 posts, read 16,584,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I don't get it. You seem to be agreeing with me. McCain never did anything heroic, as you concede. He was just a victim. And, yes, I do have compassion for him in that horrific situation.
I don't like what McCain is doing now, but the truth is he did turn down early release. Quite likely his long imprisonment had something to do with his likely terminal illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies