Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 08:46 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
You sound schooled.
That wasn't the "s" word I was going to use.

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I did watch and listen to what Kelly said.

Also watched and listened to what Congresswoman Wilson said at the speech he referred to. Not a word about funding. Not a word about her role in that.

Kelly lied to discredit Congresswoman Wilson.

Not sure why you are lying.
That's what I said ...a small detail he had wrong. It wasn't the funding she was bragging about, but she was bragging about having pushed through the naming. Very minor error, but he was spot on about this woman. What he said about her is absolutely right, whether it was funding or naming.

Let's not be splitting hairs and calling a man like General Kelly a liar. you never served your country. So ...

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Steve Schmidt not mincing any words and summing up what he thinks about this debacle:

Steve Schmidt on Team Trump's Gold Star flap: End this obscenity | MSNBC

Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
That wasn't the "s" word I was going to use.

Right, the word you are going to use says a lot about your character, not the person you want to attack.

Maybe you need to cut the crap and just accept the fact that you shouldn't make accusations without all the details. It is okay to admit you are wrong at least sometimes. That is honor.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
the one that stands out as a poorly executed disaster is Operation Eagle Claw, the attempt to rescue the American Embassy hostages from Iran in 1980. The mission was a disaster and the ensuing investigations and reports changed the way that the Department of Defense conducted future missions.

Rescue mission fails sometimes, it happens.

That does not mean the military did not want to rescue him, or intentionally left him behind.

Ask your husband.
I did ask my husband.

He was the one who pointed out that someone screwed the pooch here and they are likely scrambling around until they come up with a halfway decent cover story.

Our military didn't even rescue the rest of the men. The French did.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I did ask my husband.

He was the one who pointed out that someone screwed the pooch here and they are likely scrambling around until they come up with a halfway decent cover story.

Our military didn't even rescue the rest of the men. The French did.
Okay, so your husband had an opinion. Did he tell you sometimes, rescue mission and recon mission fail?

Failed mission does not mean the military intentionally leave the soldiers behind.

The point is you cannot just sit behind your computer making accusations without all the details.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Right, the word you are going to use says a lot about your character, not the person you want to attack.

Maybe you need to cut the crap and just accept the fact that you shouldn't make accusations without all the details. It is okay to admit you are wrong at least sometimes. That is honor.
I admit when I'm wrong.

Recently admitted I was wrong about Kelly. Earlier in the week, I defended him. Posted that he was doing the best he could to stay close to that nuclear football. Posted about how he tried to send out a covert message, like a POW might, about the decline in values, etc.

Then found out that he outright lied about Congresswoman Wilson.

It's not like someone told him a lie and he inadvertently repeated it. He was at her speech two years ago. He lied about what she said.

Maybe I'm not the one who should be cutting the crap.

Just saying.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I admit when I'm wrong.

Okay, that is good to know.

So stop making accusations like

the military intentionally left him behind

You were not there. "I have my doubt" is not the same as "They intentionally left him behind, I just know." lol

Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Okay, so your husband had an opinion. Did he tell you sometimes, rescue mission and recon mission fail?

Failed mission does not mean the military intentionally leave the soldiers behind.

The point is you cannot just sit behind your computer making accusations without all the details.
Rescue missions do fail. No doubt about it.

This one worked for everyone but Sgt. Johnson, who was left behind.

It wasn't an oversight. It wasn't an accident. They knew where he was from his locator beacon. For whatever reason, he was intentionally left behind.

This whole mission sounds like a failure from the get go. Details are likely being scrubbed even as we go back and forth.

Trump and Kelly are lying to keep us distracted while the investigation is underway.

I'm curious as to why Sgt. Johnson was left behind and why the military didn't flood that area immediately to locate him.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Rescue missions do fail. No doubt about it.

In this case, they got everyone out but Sgt. Johnson.

He was left behind and they knew it. It wasn't an oversight. It wasn't an accident. They knew where he was from his locator beacon. For whatever reason, he was intentionally left behind.

This whole mission sounds like a failure from the get go. Details are likely being scrubbed even as we go back and forth.

Trump and Kelly are lying to keep us distracted while the investigation is underway.

I'm curious as to why he was left behind and why the military didn't flood that area immediately to locate Sgt. Johnson.
Three other soldiers also lost their lives. So I don't know what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies