Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 10:11 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I certainly believe Kelly who said he advised Trump on the vary language that Trump has denied using.
Context is going to matter. Every one of us who signed up knew what we were signing up for. We still did it anyway. They do not hide the fact that you could end up in battle, that you could lose your life. I remember that part, distinctly. Every vet and current soldier knows it. It's not an insult. I'm going to bet that miss cowboy hat didn't want to tell the rest because it wouldn't have been anything to talk about.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:11 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
How is a call from April responsive to the current situation?

It shows how his call's really go.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:12 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Pretty shameless from that congresswomen to listen in on the call and politicize it. Is there nothing left these days that isn't political. Gen. Kelly is right, there is nothing sacred anymore in our society
In a car on a speakerphone, it is pretty hard not to hear!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And if you'll go back through this thread you'll see that I agree, she said she was disrespected....no doubt about it....your failure to comprehend is not my problem....

What you seem to be (cough cough) overlooking is what was actually said...that is your failure. Yes, you failed to realize this is thread is based on a partial lie, yes or no?

Or

Maybe you can provide something that nobody else has, the quote were this young lady stated what the thread title states....
what's with the (cough cough) inanity? You got a cold or something? Try Buckley's.

There is lying and there is misrepresentation by error, something of which you should be more than adequately acquainted with, being a rabid Trump acolyte.

And I agree with you that any failure on my part to comprehend would not be your problem but since the failure to comprehend is not mine, and you choose not to comprehend that, we're both apparently problem free.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What's completely missing the mark is the left pretending that they care about military people. The only time the left wants to act pro military is when they politicize it. The rest of the time, all 363 other days out of the year, the left couldn't care any less. Two whole days: When they want to let trans in there, and when they want to believe some rep who has voted against benefiting vets. Dems don't have the military and never will. The majority can see right through the BS that the Dems provide.

I can't wait for the full transcript, either. I will laugh at every last person who actually believes Trump would insult military or their families. That's a Dem thing to do.
Please, spare me the bipartisan BS, as if you think conservatives give a rip, either. This story will be pass, and the Trump groupies will be onto the next story.

The fact that you used the word, "fun" is pathetic and disgusting. Only to some loser who uses a solider's death to get a 'win' against their party rival on either side wouldn't see this as anything but awful. And then to post what you thought was the actual call, without doing your DD, because you were so eager to stick it to Democrats confirms your true intentions.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
How is a call from April responsive to the current situation?
Because it shows that although Trump is almost always a poorly prepared dumpster fire, his aides occasionally get it together to such an extent that he appears relatively competent?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
In a car on a speakerphone, it is pretty hard not to hear!
So, it's cool for her to run out and tell a lie?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:18 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I personally think he meant to do the right thing but as he doesn't have any empathy for people he shouldn't be calling. A scripted letter would have been better and he really should have know the man's name before he called.
Apparently they wrote a script for this call, but it was never given to him.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:20 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Actually Trump was counseled by General Kelly on whether to call or not and if he did call what he should say. Gen Kelly went into the White House press room yesterday. It is worth watching.
This whole cycle should be non-news.
Trump needs to have someone review his tweets before he posts them. Criticising past Presidential actions is dumb. Trump, you've been elected; stop campaigning against Obama.
Do you really want to have a president who needs someone to review his tweets before he posts them? How about a president who doesn't tweet, except for maybe "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Ramadan!" or "Happy Fourth of July!"? Or a president who has a real understanding of issues and doesn't tweet because he just watched something on Fox News?

It's embarrassing how low the bar is set now.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:23 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Because it shows that although Trump is almost always a poorly prepared dumpster fire, his aides occasionally get it together to such an extent that he appears relatively competent?
I'd agree with that assessment with the "sometimes" qualifier added.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies