U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

11,572 posts, read 11,267,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Biblical law is old testament Jewish Law.
Christians are the grace of Jesus Christ under the new testament.

Hint: We get to eat pork. YAY FOR BACON!
Christian Taliban would tell you Jesus did not come to earth to change the law, but rather to amplify it.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:07 PM

4,605 posts, read 2,042,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Then why am I not free to order a drink in a restaurant when it's any holiday, such as Labor Day? But for some reason I can legally do that every Sunday. I have no idea why they think it's a bigger sin to order a drink before God on a holiday.

If you don't drink, Oklahoma's archaic laws against alcohol wouldn't concern you much.
The only other state that is comparable to Oklahoma in terms of draconian laws is Utah, and that is because the Mormon church has similar dominance over that state's government that the Baptist church has over Oklahoma's. There is no separation of church and state in Oklahoma. The Baptists control everything with an iron fist. It's an extremely frustrating place to live and I would move today if it were possible.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:09 PM

6,471 posts, read 2,641,349 times
Quote:
Christian Taliban would tell you Jesus did not come to earth to change the law, but rather to amplify it.
I call 'em Y'allQueda.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:10 PM

16,117 posts, read 6,223,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If I had to guess I'd say there were more Muslims and liberals that want to implement barbaric Sharia law than Evangelicals that want biblical law.

In either case, it wouldn't fly. Nobody has the power (yet) or the ability to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. If that day ever comes you and I will be long gone.
Liberals want to enact Sharia law? That is total fiction.

But if you look at who Bannon is recruiting to run for office, there is an case to be had that some are in fact attempting to make a Christian Dominionist state out of this country.

Starting with Moore, and on to Erik Prince (Devos' brother and war criminial) and as many extremist christian right-wingers he can get into government using his base dog whistle. Moore is scary and more of his kind in power would be even scarier.

This liberal is an atheist and does not want any religion controlling laws in this country.

https://www.salon.com/2017/01/30/pre...uncil_partner/

Peers of Pope Francis Criticize Steve Bannon

Old 10-18-2017, 01:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 237,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The only other state that is comparable to Oklahoma in terms of draconian laws is Utah, and that is because the Mormon church has similar dominance over that state's government that the Baptist church has over Oklahoma's. There is no separation of church and state in Oklahoma. The Baptists control everything with an iron fist. It's an extremely frustrating place to live and I would move today if it were possible.
That is why I will not even drive through Oklahoma. It is basically Saudi Arabia with rednecks.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:12 PM

11,572 posts, read 11,267,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I should have and could have moved from Oklahoma long ago when I visited Colorado Springs and fell in love with the scenery. But I'm just a devoted homebody and didn't. Closest relatives have been the same way. Now after many years, Colorado has become a much better state than Oklahoma.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:18 PM

20,968 posts, read 15,442,158 times
Quote:
LOL, Then why am I not free to order a drink in a restaurant when it's any holiday, such as Labor Day? But for some reason I can legally do that every Sunday. I have no idea why they think it's a bigger sin to order a drink before God on a holiday.

If you don't drink, Oklahoma's archaic laws against alcohol wouldn't concern you much.
that's a minor inconvenience, not a threat to your freedom.

i do drink. i put up with the minor inconvenience.

never tried to buy at a restaurant on a holiday, but the laws I'm seeing only restrict package sales on holidays, not restaurants.

no answers from bawacky?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sharia law allows beer to be sold in supermarkets as long as it's 3.2%? and stronger room temp. beer and wine, too?

how odd.

link please.

i lived in OK for 7 years as an atheist.
the 'evangelical agenda' is not a threat to our freedom

Old 10-18-2017, 01:25 PM

3,032 posts, read 571,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's a minor inconvenience, not a threat to your freedom.
Telling people what they can and can't put into their own body based on religious reasoning is not an impediment to freedom? Who knew?

Well, Muslims and Jews don't eat pork. I am sure you would be just fine with laws banning the sale or consumption of pork on Muslim/Jewish holidays then.

After all, it is just a minor inconvenience....

Old 10-18-2017, 01:29 PM

4,572 posts, read 1,188,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, they whine about Sharia law constantly, yet have no issue when people try to implement the Christian version.

If they could, many of the fundamentalist bible-beaters, who are all over the cultural backwaters of this country, would love to become an equivalent of the Taliban and put the screws to those who enjoy natural -lives, that are free of regimentation. They'd work to make everyone else as miserable and repressed as they are.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:32 PM

20,968 posts, read 15,442,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Telling people what they can and can't put into their own body based on religious reasoning is not an impediment to freedom? Who knew?
certainly not you, since i wasn't talking about what people can and cannot put in their bodies. so i can understand why you are so confused.

in any case, consumption of alcohol is not banned in Oklahoma on any day of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Well, Muslims and Jews don't eat pork. I am sure you would be just fine with laws banning the sale or consumption of pork on Muslim/Jewish holidays then.

After all, it is just a minor inconvenience....
let me know when Oklahoma does that, then i'll address it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies