Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:48 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Thou shall not steal, kill or covet women in immoral ways.
Christians think they invented prohibitions against murder, theft and licentiousness? I am amused.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
None of whom advocate for a theocracy.

The Leftist paranoia of Christians is laughable.
Advancing God's Kingdom: Calvinism, Calvin College, and Betsy DeVos | Religion & Politics

Education secretary Betsy DeVos wants to 'advance God's kingdom' through US school system | The Independent

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/o...ools.html?_r=0

Who is Roy Moore? Alabama Senate election all about Trump - Business Insider

Quote:
"Because you have despised His word and trust in perverseness and oppression, and say thereon ... therefore this iniquity will be to you as a breach ready to fall, swell out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instance,'" Moore said, quoting the Bible. He added, "Sounds a little bit like the Pentagon, whose breaking came suddenly at an instance, doesn't it?"

He later claimed that God may be angry with the US because "we legitimize sodomy" and "legitimize abortion."

Old 10-19-2017, 06:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Morality is not owned by Christians. And certainly not by many fundamentalist Christians, whose behavior is about as far from Christ-like as they can get.
To read this thread , the complainers are knocking the standards set by God in his word. That is what it is all about. Beat up the moral teachings.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It clear you confusing Christianity with your Sins of the world. God has free will and the choices men and women make will determine their being saved by Jesus.
Churches do not applaud sin, however it their duty accept all.

Marijuana is anther choice people make and most Christians have a dim view of recreational smoke. god never intended to have us abuse his work.

Sin is something your God created and there is no freewill with Christianity IF God knows the future then freewill is an illusion, as far as MJ goes and gods thoughts on it I still find it funny that people claim to know the mind/will of God/s. The bible states that what God made is good that would include MJ.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well if we are going to talk about impeding freedom, it is the LEFT that came up with a cool new word: "DOXING"... which basically is the ruining of the life of a person who says something liberals don't like.
1. All types of people dox. Not just liberals.

2. It's hardly a new word. Or concept.

3. Hackers "came up with it" (in the 90s), not "the left."

Old 10-19-2017, 08:23 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Look around you? I'd say that's pretty barbaric.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpan View Post
How many politically involved evangelicals are dominionist in the US wanting to implement theocratic and barbaric Biblical law in the country.
You must be thinking of Muslims and Sharia law as I have heard nothing about evangelicals wanting to implement Biblical law. Of course, some of our laws already are in line with the Bible, but I am guessing you have no issue with murder being against the law.

Far too many confuse Biblical law in the Bible with the "culture" of some areas that the Biblical stories come from.

I don't understand the fear of evangelicals. Most attracted to that faith are not that bright (gang mentality), so I just don't see a threat from them. They have no power here, just more of the liberal "divide and conquer" agenda to scapegoat using the evangelicals. Fear not!

Old 10-19-2017, 09:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
To read this thread , the complainers are knocking the standards set by God in his word. That is what it is all about. Beat up the moral teachings.
Read it again. Christians didn't invent morality. If the only way you can be compelled to behave in a moral fashion is through fear of some unknown entity enacting retribution, then I'm sorry, but that is not true morality. That is fear. There is a difference.

Meanwhile, millions of human beings are capable of behaving morally without such fear because it is in their character to do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing and not because they fear punishment if they don't.

That is true morality. And it has nothing to do with God.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:46 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
1. All types of people dox. Not just liberals.

2. It's hardly a new word. Or concept.

3. Hackers "came up with it" (in the 90s), not "the left."
1. Hackers on the left
2. it may have become a word 20 years ago but it has not gotten into the lexicon until recently
3. It is nearly exclusively used as a tool of the left.

sorry your ox just got gored but there is no moral equivalency. YOUR side is actively seeking to subvert American freedom. YOUR SIDE and YOUR SIDE alone.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I don't understand the fear of evangelicals. Most attracted to that faith are not that bright (gang mentality), so I just don't see a threat from them. They have no power here, just more of the liberal "divide and conquer" agenda to scapegoat using the evangelicals. Fear not!
You should know better living in Kansas under governor Brownback. The situation isn't as bad as what is happening in Oklahoma but it isn't far behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies