Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If I had to guess I'd say there were more Muslims and liberals that want to implement barbaric Sharia law than Evangelicals that want biblical law.

In either case, it wouldn't fly. Nobody has the power (yet) or the ability to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. If that day ever comes you and I will be long gone.
No way! Not in terms of raw numbers. Remember, most (many) muslims that came here earlier came specifically to be "westernized" and deal on Wall Street and in many other similar industries. We aren't talking Opium Farmers here...but highly educated.

On the other hand, the "Christians" have pervaded our government from top to bottom and make no bones about it. They don't like Democracy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fe...n_organization)

This is only ONE example composed of sitting Senators and other members of Congress.

"Lindsay also interviewed 360 evangelical elites, among whom "One in three mentioned [Doug] Coe or the Fellowship as an important influence."[13]
The Fellowship also has relationships with numerous non-U.S. government leaders. Lindsay reported that it "has relationships with pretty much every world leader—good and bad—and there are not many organizations in the world that can claim that."[1]
"The Fellowship’s reach into governments around the world is almost impossible to overstate or even grasp," says David Kuo, a former special assistant in George W. Bush’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.[15]"

The Founder speaks highly of Hitler, Mao, etc - and the idea is to bring Jesus to DC - NOT government of and by the people.

Read. Think.

"Jeff Sharlet stated in an NBC Nightly News report that when he was an intern with the Fellowship "we were being taught the leadership lessons of Hitler, Lenin and Mao" and that Hitler's genocide "wasn't really an issue for them, it was the strength that he emulated."[34] In his book The Family, Sharlet said Fellowship leader Doug Coe preached a leadership model and a personal commitment to Jesus Christ comparable to the blind devotion that Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, and Pol Pot demanded from their followers.[35] In one videotaped lecture series in 1989, Coe said,
"Hitler, Goebbels and Himmler were three men. Think of the immense power these three men had... But they bound themselves together in an agreement... Jesus said, 'You have to put me before other people. And you have to put me before yourself.' Hitler, that was the demand to be in the Nazi party. You have to put the Nazi party and its objectives ahead of your own life and ahead of other people."[34][35]
In the same series, Coe also compared Jesus's teachings to the Red Guard during the Chinese Cultural Revolution:
I’ve seen pictures of young men in the Red Guard of China... They would bring in this young man’s mother and father, lay her on the table with a basket on the end, he would take an axe and cut her head off... They have to put the purposes of the Red Guard ahead of the mother-father-brother-sister — their own life! That was a covenant. A pledge. That was what Jesus said.[34][36]"

Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpan View Post
True christians are by far the most politically influential group in the US
How does a particular Christian sect qualify as "true Christian?"

Old 10-18-2017, 09:54 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
How many politically involved evangelicals are dominionist in the US wanting to implement theocratic and barbaric Biblical law in the country.
Yes, they whine about Sharia law constantly, yet have no issue when people try to implement the Christian version.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:58 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
If I had to guess I'd say there were more Muslims and liberals that want to implement barbaric Sharia law than Evangelicals that want biblical law.

In either case, it wouldn't fly. Nobody has the power (yet) or the ability to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. If that day ever comes you and I will be long gone.
Typical evangelical deflection response. The question is about evangelicals, who make up a significant enough percentage of the population to accomplish their agenda and control one of the two major political parties, the party that currently controls all three branches of government at that.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Easy:

If you are Roman Catholic, then you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Baptist, then you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Pentecostal, then you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Episcopal, then you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Eastern Orthodox, you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are a Methodist, you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Lutheran, you are a True Christian, while others are not.

If you are Greek Byzantine, you are a True Christian, while others are not.

And, so forth.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:03 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:

Where does this nonsensical talking point come from? I've never met anyone in real life that wants "Sharia law" implemented.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:

well your guess was really bad and i am guessing you can't provide the slightest bit of proof that liberals want any such thing.

in fact i am betting you know your own post is false but just hate liberals and muslims.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Typically fundamentalist Baptists consider themselves true Christians. They adhere to a literal interpretation of the King James Bible and they have "no compromise" attitudes about many issues. They view everything through a black and white lens and perceive anybody who is less dogmatic, which includes virtually all Christian sects that aren't Independent Fundamental Baptist, to NOT be true Christians.

The Baptists are by far the most influential special interest group in the US.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
How many politically involved evangelicals are dominionist in the US wanting to implement theocratic and barbaric Biblical law in the country.
I know a lot of evangelicals. Not one of them wants a theocracy.

Your question is predicated on delusional paranoia.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Thou shall not steal, kill or covet women in immoral ways.

Real barbaric thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies