U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2017, 03:41 PM
 
27,557 posts, read 20,675,790 times
Reputation: 15487

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's the media circus. No one can point to his stats and say he isn't capable when you have a good 1/3 of QB's who aren't as good as Kap.
and i fully agree with this, however as tyster pointed out below, and as i pointed out in the post you quoted, it isnt just about kaepernicks stats. if that were all that mattered, he would be starting today for someone, as teams would be kncking down his door to get him to sign a contract, and they would be ponying up the money to get him to sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Hiring a player is about more than numbers. The fact is that Kap has a bad attitude and is bad for business. His antics are heavy baggage that no coach, manager or owner wants to deal with. He's poison to the locker room. And his antics have financial implications that are now clearly visible.

He can protest all he wants, as can other players, but they should be doing it off the field, not while they are actually working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2017, 03:50 PM
 
Location: USA
5,443 posts, read 4,780,771 times
Reputation: 3647
The Baltimore Ravens were going to give Kaepernick a shot, but then his activist, Muslim GF did this.

Quote:
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said that his former team was close to signing quarterback Colin Kaepernick before the free agent's girlfriend posted a tweet ridiculing Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.
*
"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's Inside the NFL*on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.' And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab, which Lewis described as "racist," compared a picture of Lewis*hugging Bisciotti to a scene from Django Unchained.*
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eet/636586001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 PM
 
42,595 posts, read 21,043,171 times
Reputation: 12356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Kap is???? Bwahahahahahahahaha
No, not Kap.

However, Kap cant get a job, and yet, hes still got more money than youd make in 5 lifetimes. Hes given more money to one charity than you make in 10 years. Probably 20 years.

So how smart does that make YOU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Status: " RT (R) and Seahawks fan" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: 60630
10,773 posts, read 15,506,576 times
Reputation: 9059
I'm a huge fan of Sherman. I saw a program about him and his family a couple of years ago. His dad drives a garbage truck, have been for most of his working life I think. He is very smart. But people have a hard time with his big mouth. But that's what makes him fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 12:00 AM
 
27,557 posts, read 20,675,790 times
Reputation: 15487
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I'm a huge fan of Sherman. I saw a program about him and his family a couple of years ago. His dad drives a garbage truck, have been for most of his working life I think. He is very smart. But people have a hard time with his big mouth. But that's what makes him fun
sherman is a top corner for sure, and while he has a big mouth, he backs up what he says with what he does on the field. like him or not, he gets the job done, the fans like him, his teammates like him, his coaches like him. kaepernik not so much these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 12:12 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
22,214 posts, read 11,722,038 times
Reputation: 8205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's the media circus. No one can point to his stats and say he isn't capable when you have a good 1/3 of QB's who aren't as good as Kap.
It's not even the media circus at this point.

The majority of CUSTOMERS don't appreciate how he treats the national anthem... and whatever team would sign him, that team would take an immediate hit on their bottom line.

If you are in the business of making money, why would you take that risk? You don't need owners to collude against him... it's just common business sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,187 posts, read 1,502,817 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Hiring a player is about more than numbers. The fact is that Kap has a bad attitude and is bad for business. His antics are heavy baggage that no coach, manager or owner wants to deal with. He's poison to the locker room. And his antics have financial implications that are now clearly visible.

He can protest all he wants, as can other players, but they should be doing it off the field, not while they are actually working.
He would not be poison in the locker-room. I would guarantee you not many players would have a problem with Kap as a team-mate. The Niners players voted him their most prestigious award.
Colin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers voted by teammates as winner of Len Eshmont Award

I agree fan reaction would be a problem, but hey since what we have seen in the past few weeks, I think the damage has been done and will not get any worse.

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 10-21-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Texas
19,916 posts, read 8,075,198 times
Reputation: 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. NFL ratings have been falling for 4 or 5 straight years, with the rate of increasing each year. It would be very hard for you to actually support the claim that Colin Kapernick is the reason for that decrease in viewers


2. The Opt out is misleading.

This is like College football and Blue shirting. Basically 2 years ago, Colin got hurt (his shoulder), NFL teams dont like paying players millions of dollars to sit on the bench. The 49ers could have chosen to release him the moment he was cleared so that they could draft a QB or trade for one and save the cap room, but instead, they decided to renegotiate his contract.

His Opt out was because he was making so much less money even though his performance on the field proved he was playing better than he even was before he was injured.


3. And this is the one you need to read even if you skip the rest

The post I responded to wasnt about him being a bad business move, it was about his ability to play in comparison to others. He can clearly play, and he is clearly better than many of his piers.
Than many? I disagree. He's career completion percentage is below 60 percent. You don't stay in the league long doing that nowadays.
Granted his receivers were horrible in his last season. Talentwise he should be on a team as a backup. However he brings too much baggage and causes fans to stay away in droves. Vick ran a ton was avg at best imo as a QB imo but he packed the seats. The Falcons attendance went way up mainly because of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
22,214 posts, read 11,722,038 times
Reputation: 8205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Than many? I disagree. He's career completion percentage is below 60 percent. You don't stay in the league long doing that nowadays.
Granted his receivers were horrible in his last season. Talentwise he should be on a team as a backup. However he brings too much baggage and causes fans to stay away in droves. Vick ran a ton was avg at best imo as a QB imo but he packed the seats. The Falcons attendance went way up mainly because of him.
Vick also served his time and actually had remorse and helped against animal cruelty. That didn't satisfy everybody, but he did win some people over by how he handled his situation.

I think people are OK if Kap takes a stand against something in society, but using the anthem for it is widely not accepted by the customers. There seems to be no change in his methods to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 12:44 PM
 
11,651 posts, read 3,972,107 times
Reputation: 4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I think the owners would agree that money is more important than a crybaby, attention seeking, one dimensional backup qb.
and they are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top