Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you think Iran would be a cakewalk, you haven't done your homework.
A lot of people on the right think so. Most in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Here's a link I read for global news daily. Try it:

NewsNow: World News news | Breaking News & Search 24/7
Thanks - Link looks like a good resource for timely articles from a variety of sources. I'm sure you are aware of how Media operates everywhere - important to check out the ownership/ideology of all of them.

I was not aware of Salman's recent visit to Israel

PS - you should know the futility of engagement with Iranians/Shia in forums.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You got that idea, too?

A LOT of posters here on CDF thought once Trump was sworn in; he'd have the US in a big war by now. His term's already about 20 percent over, crazy I know.
Uh, he said virtually ALL the wars were mistakes and that he would be stopping these adventures and concentrating on the home front.

Then, when he got in he asked for MORE money for war and has had our troops killed and on the ground in places where they were not - Niger, Yemen, Syria, etc.

Meanwhile, the Talibs are reversing any of our gains in Afghanistan.

To say nothing of Trumps threats against NK and Iran.

Sorry, but a peacemaker is not what this guy is. More like total chaos and lots of money being spread around.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Thanks - Link looks like a good resource for timely articles from a variety of sources. I'm sure you are aware of how Media operates everywhere - important to check out the ownership/ideology of all of them.

I was not aware of Salman's recent visit to Israel

LMAO...unbelievable. If we disagree with you, then we’re all Shiite Iranians?

Old 10-21-2017, 11:44 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Israel will never join in or lead an attack against a powerful nation like Iran. Did they join us when we attacked Iraq? They want us to do their dirty work.
^^ This.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:51 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry, but you’re not that convincing. In fact, you’re pushing me even further away from your point of view.

Iran isn’t a threat to the United States. You know it, and so do I. Israel can’t topple the regime, so it’s a hell of a lot more convenient for us to do it and let Israel be the sole regional military hegemon. I’m not interested in that scenario.

BTW...the Trade Center attacks have no links to Iran. None. Iran has committed no terrorist attacks on our soil.

Moreover, the United States will designate a ham sandwich as a terrorist if it can get Congress to throw money at it. I don’t buy it.

You know damn well that an attack on Iran will plunge this country into a quagmire that would make Iraq look like child’s play. We’d NEVER get out, and we’d never be able to subdue the country. Thousands of American soldiers would die. And please, don’t say air strikes would work without ground combat because you’re a Marine and you know better.

The truth that you don’t want to confront is that the more we fight so called terrorism, the worse it gets. Now we’re in frickin Niger! We’ve got bases in the former Soviet SSR’s along Russia’s Southern border. We’ve got bases in the former Yugoslavia. We’re knee deep in Syria. Still stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan. We’re fighting so called terrorists in the Philippines. When the **** will it end? How many more damn wars do you guys want? How many more frickin bases do you want? How much MORE taxpayer dollars do you want to divert from meaningful things only to stick it into the Pentagon’s wars to chase Muslims?

You guys are KILLING this country with these interminable entanglements, and I’m sick of it.
As I said you're stuck in the pre-WTC era naive way of thinking. It's just that Left leaning way of thinking you're in that if Israel weren't around they'd be Peace and Love around the world now.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:55 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Only stupid hotheads want wars if they can be avoided at all.

Plus, why attack Iran? Iran is a good country.
I agree. There is no reason to attack Iran other than Iran is an enemy of Israel. I always felt that America should have a special relationship with Iran because there is no reason that we shouldn't and it is something that would benefit us both greatly. But Israel is like a wedge between what is best for U.S. and who we should be in a positive relationship with.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A lot of people on the right think so. Most in fact.
And y'all on the Left thinking that if we simply talk to them and ignore their rhetoric they'll simply quiet down and become good planetary citizens.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

The same naive thought process before both WTC attacks. Short term memories and not looking past the hoods of their cars.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Israel will never join in or lead an attack against a powerful nation like Iran. Did they join us when we attacked Iraq? They want us to do their dirty work.
Let's try this again. Any member of the Arab League will not work with the US if Israel is part of the team. All the US admins have known this and so should you. Israel will do covertly what needs to be done and if you have ever noticed no one has ever responded to it except for a few minor middle of the newspaper remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies