Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,107,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I heard Kelly's comments about the America that is on the wane as coded digs at Trump's role in the demise of these American values.

This press conference was the price he had to pay to keep from being fired.
Nah, Kelly isn't on the chopping block like some others. He was up there because Trump mentioned his son. And his "coded digs" were aimed at Weinstein/Hollywood, pro-choicers, secular Liberals (on religion), and probably minorities.

He's the kind who only notices bad behavior when it comes from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 07:38 AM

39,793 posts, read 26,288,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Lol, I literally just heard that Fox started trying to discredit her.

Right on time, comrade BB.

Trump sucks, and he’s a failure. Trump’s failed leadership got 4 soldiers killed. No amount of smear will change that.
At least he had the integrity NOT to claim they were killed over a youtube video to their families. That alone makes him a much better person than Obama or Clinton.

Let alone the bottom feeder with the plastic cowboy hats, that is using their death for political gain.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:41 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,506,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree with much of this. Honestly, there are times when there's nothing one can do or say to make a bad situation better.

Although, there's always seems to be something that can make it worse. Sometimes it seems the focus should be on 'not making it worse'.

Mr. Kelly is probably kicking himself for assuming Mr. Trump understood what he was trying to convey to him by relating to him, from his own personal & heart-wrenching experience, what a very good friend said to him when his son was sacrificed. He's probably kicking himself for not giving Mr. Trump a simple text to read to the family members when making the call. At the least to ensure that Mr. Trump would not be 'making an awful situation that much worse'. Mr. Kelly's good friend knew him, & knew his son, what was said was based on knowing who they both were as people.
Nailed it.

Who you want to hear from in those first few weeks of raw grief are those who knew your husband, who loved him, who will assure you that his memory will live on even though he's gone.

The last person you want to hear from is a stranger calling him "your guy" and saying that it was his own fault, he knew what he was doing when signed up for this.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Nah, Kelly isn't on the chopping block like some others. He was up there because Trump mentioned his son. And his "coded digs" were aimed at Weinstein/Hollywood, pro-choicers, secular Liberals (on religion), and probably minorities.

He's the kind who only notices bad behavior when it comes from the left.
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Trying to understand why Kelly would trade his honor to provide political cover for a kerfuffle that will be eclipsed tomorrow by some other BS Trump throws out to distract from the Russian investigation.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,073,816 times
Why do some here take the side of this flamboyant clown from Florida? Other members of Congress need to put her in her place, and advise her to quit buying her hats from Party City. I'm waiting.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:57 AM

9,679 posts, read 14,149,908 times
After perusing through these posts, I now have the full picture:

Wilson, the lady in the heavy makeup, wig, false eyelashes, sparkled cowgirl hat and boots, is a self-proclaimed rock star living in Florida, and is a democrat holding a low level public office.

General Kelly is a retired United States Marine Corps general and the former commander of United States Southern Command, the unified combatant command responsible for American military operations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. He had previously served as the commanding general of the Multi-National Force West in Iraq, and as the commander of Marine Forces Reserve and Marine Forces North.

Got it! No contest.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:01 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,846,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Bot, you don't squat shyt about what happened in Niger. Why don't you just stay down in your basement and play with your puppy. I do want to know why Obama deployed troops in Niger.
I know the right does not care for Rachel Maddow, but i watched her during an insomnia bout in the middle of last night. You may not like her or the way she presents, but I still think she has the best researchers of any tv commentary program.

She had a pretty good explanation of why we are in Niger. But the reason for Chad being on the no entry list is all new to me. And that is why Chad pulled it's soldiers out of Niger, leaving our at guys at more risk.

Also, yes, the Congress voted to increases the security budget. But, it was only after Benghazi did they change the hiring conditions for governmental agencies. All agencies were compelled by Congress to go with the cheapest bidder. Even if it meant that bidder was hiring local security and paying puny wages.

Kinda like security guards here. Who in a foreign country is gonna risk their lives for Americans they do not know and do not like? For whatever the low wage in their country is? If they needed better and more security in Benghazi, I put that on Congress.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
After perusing through these posts, I now have the full picture:

Wilson, the lady in the heavy makeup, wig, false eyelashes, sparkled cowgirl hat and boots, is a self-proclaimed rock star living in Florida, and is a democrat holding a low level public office.

General Kelly is a retired United States Marine Corps general and the former commander of United States Southern Command, the unified combatant command responsible for American military operations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. He had previously served as the commanding general of the Multi-National Force West in Iraq, and as the commander of Marine Forces Reserve and Marine Forces North.

Got it! No contest.
Wilson, a legislator, former teacher, principal, and founder of a community mentoring program who wears a wig and false eyelashes, reported that Trump called Sgt. La David Johnson's widow and made several disrespectful and unkind comments including that "her guy" knew what he was doing when he signed up.

Kelly, a man who at one time was an honorable Marine general with several different commands who now wears suits while sucking up to Trump, affirmed that Trump indeed made those unfortunate comments.

Then he went off on a tangent about the demise of American values.

Got it.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:10 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,159,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I listened to Kelly's entire speech, I don't think some people here did. It was extremely powerful and he addressed the demise of respect, religion, treatment of women and self sacrifice. I have an issue with the congress woman injecting herself in the conversation and I also have an issue with Trump leading us down this path. If you listened to his statement and come away with anything other than respect for him then you weren't paying
Herein lies the problem, Kelly is lecturing us on the demise of respect, religion and treatment of women yet he works for a man that disrespects women, other religions and hasn't thought once of self sacrifice. Do you see the hypocrisy? Not to mention Kelly goes on to demonize a woman in the rest of his speech, parts of which were untrue.

Last edited by treasurefinder; 10-20-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 10-20-2017, 08:11 AM

11,188 posts, read 8,223,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Honor goes to die in the repug party. Colin Powell anyone?
Sometimes they come back from the dead, there's John McCain....

3-2-1 CLEAR

ZAP!!!!

We have a pulse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies