Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That's what I thought. It was just his opinion, probably being around politicians has made him a little cynical as it would anyone who lost a son due to politics. He wasn't lying, but the media are easily triggered and are running with it, though.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 04:53 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,291 times
It's a shame. A long, distinguished military career ruined by 5 minutes of lies in defense of the defenseless. It's hard to fathom why he would throw it all away for such an unworthy president.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:54 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,323,939 times
The White House Keeps Attacking Congresswoman Who Has Been Right All Along

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...180804510.html

Twice this week the White House accused Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) of lying and each time the facts have vindicated her version of events.

Most recently, evidence emerged disproving an accusation by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly that Wilson had gloated over securing funds for an FBI building in her district.

Earlier this week,Wilson escalated a political firestorm over President Donald Trump’s response to the deaths of four American military service members in Niger.

After bragging of his willingness to call the families of fallen troops, Trump spoke with the loved ones of the most recent casualties, including Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, and a constituent of Wilson’s.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
At least he called......he could have taken the easy route and send a letter. He called which is never easy.

The Rodeo clown planned this circus. After Trump's call, she had CNN on the other line, which makes you wonder if this was set up.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:00 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,200 times
Sure don't look like no woman lol

Old 10-20-2017, 05:02 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Frederica Wilson 2015 video shows John Kelly got it wrong - Sun Sentinel

9 minute video attached. She does claim credit for helping to get legislation through quickly to name the building after the fallen FBI agents. She also spends significant time praising law enforcement, including asking members to stand for applause, as well as offering remarks in remembrance and praise of the two FBI agents. You listen to the whole thing and you won't come away with a perception that she is showboating.

Kelly said everyone was stunned about how she spent most of the speech bragging about "getting the funding" for the building. None of that is heard in here.

Kelly lied.

Wilson did not spend most of the speech bragging abut "getting the funding." In fact, Wilson didn't mention any role she might have had in funding at all.

Sanders says it is "highly inappropriate" to question a Four Star General about his lies. Really? In what country is it inappropriate to question a General about his lies? The U.S.A.?

How about Four Star General Kelly stop lying and running cover for Trump and tell us what the hell those men were doing in Niger that now has a military pact with Russia. Why did Chad withdraw their troops? Why didn't these men have any back up? Why did the French have to save them?

This whole matter bears some explanation beyond falsely accusing Congresswoman Wilson of saying something in a speech.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:03 PM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kelly lied.

Wilson did not spend most of the speech bragging abut "getting the funding." In fact, Wilson didn't mention any role she might have had in funding at all.
There are still differences between opinion and real accusation.

Try to learn the differences.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The White House Keeps Attacking Congresswoman Who Has Been Right All Along

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...180804510.html

Twice this week the White House accused Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) of lying and each time the facts have vindicated her version of events.

Most recently, evidence emerged disproving an accusation by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly that Wilson had gloated over securing funds for an FBI building in her district.

Earlier this week,Wilson escalated a political firestorm over President Donald Trump’s response to the deaths of four American military service members in Niger.

After bragging of his willingness to call the families of fallen troops, Trump spoke with the loved ones of the most recent casualties, including Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson, and a constituent of Wilson’s.

wrong!!! Did John Kelly Lie About Frederica Wilson's FBI Building Dedication? Not Really. | Daily Wire

As it turns out, Wilson didn’t generate the funding for the building. She wasn’t in Congress when the funding was approved. But Kelly’s larger point was that Wilson had given a self-aggrandizing speech inappropriately at a memorial service.

did she what she said, you be the judge:

[Consider this scenario. The brand new federal buiding that will house the FBI has been built, and the FBI approaches my office. “Congresswoman Wilson, the ribbon-cutting has been scheduled in four short weeks. The dedication is on the government’s calendar and cannot be changed. One problem: the FBI wants to name this gorgeous edifice at the same time in four weeks.” Everyone said, ‘That’s impossible. It takes at least eight months to a year to complete the process through the House, the Senate, and the president’s office.” I said, “I’m a school principal,” and I said, excuse my French, “Aw hell no. We’re gonna get this done.” Immediately, I went into attack mode. I went to the Speaker, Speaker Boehner, and I said, “Mr. Speaker, I need your help. The FBI needs your help, and our country needs your help. And we have no time to waste.” He went into attack mode and in two days pulled it out of committee, brought it to the floor for a vote. … We all voted and I dashed it over to the Senate, and put our Senators on notice, “Put it on your radar.” Senator Nelson and Senator Rubio, who have representatives here today, they hotlined it to the Senate floor in just two days. And guess what, the president signed it into law this past Tuesday, April 7, 2015 with a BANG, BANG, BANG!
You know what, I will be presenting a copy of the bill that was signed into law to the FBI and also the pen that the president used to sign that hallowed document. It is a miracle to say the least, but it speaks to the respect that our Congress has for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the men and women who put their lives on the line every single day]

Does that sound self-aggrandizing? Does it sound as though Wilson made herself the hero of the story? Does it sound more like a campaign speech than like a somber dedication of a building to two fallen FBI heroes?

Old 10-20-2017, 05:10 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
At least he called......he could have taken the easy route and send a letter. He called which is never easy.

The Rodeo clown planned this circus. After Trump's call, she had CNN on the other line, which makes you wonder if this was set up.
Donald Trump calling is terrible judgement. The man has no empathy and is completely unrelatable. It ended predictably. Also, don't forget, the called because he was being criticized for not calling. The Niger incident happened on Oct 4.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:15 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,805,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your bold

She did, though, spend up to three minutes talking about an effort she did lead — to have the building named after the special agents,She recounted how she was asked by the FBI four weeks earlier to expedite a bill through Congress to name the building after Grogan and Dove. She said the process normally takes eight months to a year.

"I went into attack mode," she told the audience. She said she approached then-Speaker John Boehner, telling him "the FBI needs your help and our country needs your help." She said Boehner got the bill to the House floor for a vote in two days. She said she then rushed the bill to Florida Sens. Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio, who got the bill passed by that chamber two days later. President Barack Obama signed the bill three days before the dedication ceremony. The audience responded with loud applause.

"It's a miracle but it speaks to the respect that our Congress has for the Federal Bureau of Investigation," she said.

If Gen Kelly thought she was bragging, that is just his opinion. Opinion doesn't make one a liar, does it?
Uh, she credited half of congress and spent the other 2/3rds of the speech praising the fbi agents and everyone under the sun but her. AND the audience clapped when she finished telling the story.

But I know, marching orders says she's the bad guy so folks have to say she's a crazy egomaniac now.

To me, this situation is a misunderstanding now spun out of control by a bunch of hotheads. Trump is a dumbarse but I doubt he meant to insult the widow. Trump being Trump he might have clumsily worded what he was trying to say and happened to do it at the worst moment possible. And the Congresswoman actually knew the serviceman from childhood so she wasn't the best at reacting sensibly herself. So she angry tweets and now we get this mess, because no one involved can just be the bigger person and stop the stupid back and forth.

And of course the wagons have circled on both sides. The smear n' spin campaign is going full force in all directions and the general public is parroting their side's talking points on message boards.

This is a stupid needless circus and a perfect example of why this country is SO SCREWED.

This place is going downhill more and more by the day.

Last edited by Tinawina; 10-20-2017 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies