Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 02:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We can discuss the politics of nationalism all day, but that doesn't mean you get to freely change the meaning of it to fit your political agenda.

Nationalism has a definition, and it has nothing to do with racism or imperialism.
Really. Your own definition talks about exalting one nation over others. You exalt something you think is superior. It would be stupid to exalt something if you thought it was inferior. And since superiority has EVERYTHING to do with nationalism in terms of politics, it is akin to racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 02:54 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Bad news.

I think he was talking about you. Here are some of your "contributions":
Fatso has caused a personal feud......The idiot you voted into office....I didn't lose. Our country did.......Mia Love is a deadbeat in the House......Trump! a moral compass who's a chronic bully.....He should be concerned about his weight instead and get a life.....
And on and on.I'm pretty sure if your comments had been aimed at a C-D poster you would have been banned.
I think you may be right in who GW is talking to but spinners will spin to fit their agenda. Happens on both sides.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:01 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Tell that to the 62, 000 dead who dies from drugs as they poured over our border . More people died on drug overdoes last year than in all the years of the Vietnam war put together.

I found out Jeb's wife was an illegal border crosser for years and old wimpy Jeb has to speak Spanish in his own home as he wife refused to assimilate even though she has been her for decades.

This is why they don't care about opened borders who the children of others who died from overdoses. 62,000 dead just last year and around the same amount dead in 2015.

Trump is the only president that is looking into protecting us as a people and the left is out to destroy him and the rinos never gave a damn including Bush with drugs pouring over our border.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that to the 62, 000 dead who dies from drugs as they poured over our border . More people died on drug overdoes last year than in all the years of the Vietnam war put together.

I found out Jeb's wife was an illegal border crosser for years and old wimpy Jeb has to speak Spanish in his own home as he wife refused to assimilate even though she has been her for decades.

This is why they don't care about opened borders who the children of others who died from overdoses. 62,000 dead just last year and around the same amount dead in 2015.

Trump is the only president that is looking into protecting us as a people and the left is out to destroy him and the rinos never gave a damn including Bush with drugs pouring over our border.
Trump isn't going to stop people from dying from overdoses. And the opioid crisis isn't related to border crossings.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:34 PM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We can discuss the politics of nationalism all day, but that doesn't mean you get to freely change the meaning of it to fit your political agenda.

Nationalism has a definition, and it has nothing to do with racism or imperialism.
Yes it does, don't you know what a synonym is?!? Your ignorance of the definition and use of the term, does not mean you get to freely change the meaning of it to fit your political agenda either...

na·tion·al·ism
ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun

noun: nationalism

patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism,
synonyms jingoism "their extreme nationalism was frightening"
  • an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun
noun: synonym; plural noun: synonyms
  1. a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language - JINGOISM for example (see above)...

Old 10-19-2017, 03:36 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And here I thought he was elected because people enjoyed having a simpleton for a President.

Most of the same folks who voted Trump voted for GW, and they loved him back then.

I watched 8 years of "Do you miss me yet?" memes on social media. LOL.

Fwiw, I voted for him in 2000. I actually do miss him.

He is intelligent, at the very least. Even if I didn't like all of his calls as president, I never thought he was stupid or that he was cruel to my fellow Americans.

I never though he was a racist bigot who supported white nationalists, the KKK, or the neo-Nazi movement.

He was (and still is) a decent guy. History has looked upon him kindly so far.

Trump will never be so fortunate. He is hated not just here, but abroad. HATED.

It will only get worse the longer he stays in office, doing hateful things and pissing people off.

I probably sometimes called Bush an idiot but strictly out of love. I think he was far more intelligent than people gave credit for. I mean they say he was a "retard" because his speech was faulty but a lot of autistics have that problem and that doesn't mean they aren't intelligent.

I miss him so much. He's not my party so I wouldn't have voted for him (I wasn't old enough anyway) but he gave us so many laughs over the years and now I miss him more obviously. I mean Trump is fun to laugh AT but it's not the same and it's too dangerous what he is doing. Even when Bush wasn't making me laugh he made me smile because he was like a warm fuzzy old teddy bear. He had this pleasant energy to him.
It's like polar opposites for me. I always liked Bush and I never liked Trump. I know he didn't want to be president though but I bet he wishes sometimes he was instead just so Trump wouldn't be in office.

I had a thought also. I wonder if sometimes they get so defensive about Trump because of the liberals who hated Bush. I mean they SHOULD know better that this is a completely different story and I know there are probably plenty of people who like Trump but didn't like Bush. However I hope those who are defensive for that know that not all of us had a problem with Bush.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:37 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
GWB has fallen victim to the dems propaganda machine spreading hatred and fear.

Or GWB was talking about the dems hate and fear campaign, condemning it.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:37 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Trump isn't going to stop people from dying from overdoses. And the opioid crisis isn't related to border crossings.
Sure, how do you know? They are bringing in Heroin now, and it is cheap and pure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37319358/n.../#.WekbZbVry70

WINFIELD, Mo. — Mexican drug smugglers are increasingly peddling a form of ultra-potent heroin that sells for as little as $10 a bag and is so pure it can kill unsuspecting users instantly, sometimes before they even remove the syringe from their veins.
An Associated Press review of drug overdose data shows that so-called "black tar" heroin — named for its dark, gooey consistency — and other forms of the drug are contributing to a spike in overdose deaths across the nation and attracting a new generation of users who are caught off guard by its potency.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:38 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Extreme Nationalism vs. nationalism. Big difference. Part of the reason we choose to be part of a country is to have and allegiance to that country. Why have a country, or live in it if we don't respect it? That's nationalism.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:43 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
I watched about 10 minutes of Bush's speech and had to turn it off. It sounded like it was drafted by Obama's speechwriters: globalization, nation building, exporting democracy, endless conflicts, free trade, unlimited refugees and immigrants, etc., etc., etc. Thank God for President Trump and his America First message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies