U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM

430 posts, read 92,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
One segment of msm i do have a problem with is am talk radio where all day long i am subjected to hate radio one talker after another culminating with 3 hours of Limbaugh from noon onwards,basically the entire context of all these shows is = they are the enemy,hate them.
No doubt, 3 hours of listening to a persons one-sided opinion about current events. It's a way to reaffirm one's political and ideological bias in the world. If a person was truly honest and had courage, they would listen to opinion from all sides. But those traits are sorely lacking these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 AM

21,565 posts, read 8,359,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
True indeed.

Indeed, I recall one Richard Nixon complaining bitterly about the press coverage. He even had drawn up an 'enemies list' that included many journalists, politicians and political groups (and even actor Paul Newman).

The list did not help Mr. Nixon, in the end. However, being one of those people that believes in making various lists (groceries, chores, enemies), I did admire this trait in Mr. Nixon.
Nixon constantly complained against his press coverage and accused others of being enemies who had it in for him.

Also remember his supporters claiming that others were lying about Nixon.

Turned out they were wrong.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:52 AM

11,323 posts, read 8,135,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
95% of the mainstream media campaigned, lied and voted for Hillary and they are mad that the America people chose Trump so they are on a mission to destroy him with Fake News.

Also, 95% of news stores about Trump are negative....no President in history has been treated that way.

- ISIS almost wiped out
- lowest unemployment in 44 years
- Trump bump market skyrocket jump
- Illegal immigration down 70%

The last one -- yes -- we don't need a freak'n wall.

There is absolutely positively no way economic expansion of any significance can happen in 8 months. It is taking Volvo 3 years to build a plant that will add 3,000 jobs. (plant construction started in 2015 - probably planned in 2014). The expansion in employment is a DIRECT impact of steady economic growth from the last 7 years. I don't know if there was any Obama policy that is responsible for that growth -- but I know for sure there is no economic policy that has impacted the job market significantly from the Trump administration.

Wages haven't grown.

And if we are having significant growth without tax cuts -- why the tax cuts. Our deficit is not dropping and won't until revenjues increase and programs are cut.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 AM

47,510 posts, read 33,534,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The MSM has zero credibility....they are good at manufacturing "Fake News" and distorting the truth and manipulating the weak minded, I'll give them that.
And just WHERE in your opinion does one find credible news?

Old 10-20-2017, 09:15 AM

3,582 posts, read 2,727,065 times
What goes around comes around. Conservatives get excoriated by liberal media and Liberals get lacerated by conservative media.

I wish it were different, but it's perceived as a weakness, nowadays, to forgive or ask for forgiveness; to apologize or to accept the apology of another.

Dignity and grace are not 21st century virtues.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:24 AM

11,925 posts, read 6,036,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The media is simply reporting on what Trump is doing. If 95% of these stories are negative, it's because Trump is bring this on himself, not because the media is making it up. And even if the news was supposedly fake, what proof do you have of this? Other media sources? How do we know those are true?
LOL. The media spins everything Trump says or does in a negative way, they could just easily spin it positively or neutrally but they are so biased, than they take the treasonous route.

Me and most of the people I know look at the mainstream media as a pack of liars and deceivers, nothing else...they add zero value to society and actually are a net negative value....we would be much better off without them.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:55 AM

7,389 posts, read 15,526,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean the mainstream media whose "truth" told us for months that Clinton would win in a landslide?
The fact that you equate reporting of predictions with reporting of news events explains a lot about the mindset of MSM deniers. I hadn't realized that before but it makes perfect sense now. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 PM

28,119 posts, read 11,967,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are you still believing mainstream media or sick of mainstream media?
I haven't believed the mainstream media since I was Viet Nam with all the lies they told.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I really don't understand all this fake news stuff. Can they all be colluding? A lot of what I see is the media quoting what Trump actually tweets and says. How is that fake news? Will somebody please explain that to me?
If you ONLY watch, read or listen to 1 dided sources you would NOT know how bad they really are.

CNN was CAUGHT giving the questions to Hillary BEFORE the debates just for 1 example.

This helps to explain why there is so much bias in the media...

IF YOU HAD A HUNCH THE NEWS SYSTEM WAS SOMEWHAT RIGGED AND YOU COULDN'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT, THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SOLVE THE PUZZLE.

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama's Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama's Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton's Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

George Stepnonopolis was a Clinton advisor.

Chris Mathews worked for top liberal DEM in Congress

Ya think there might be a little bias in the news? Ya Think?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually, you have zero credibility. You have posted opinions without citing any verifiable research. I would say that is a great example of no credibility. Nothing personable. Just want to keep and even playing field. Feel free to post your credentials and any supporting documentation.
The media has LOWER approval rating, the left lives and breathes polls, then even Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies