Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,774,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Nothing changed in laws yet let alone tangible consequence,
nothing changed in laws yet let alone tangible consequence,
you think there was no divide before?

All based on your fears. If you want to claim something bad happened on healthcare, then you should probably wait for something to actually change and then look at actual consequence and talk about that. All your side ever talks about is your fears and not what is actually happening
Bull, Trump removed the subsidies to drastically kill Obama care. It isn't a fear, it is a reality. Many are gonna pay huge bills now that open enrollment is open (with a short enrollment period mind you.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 06:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,416,290 times
Talking Go ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post

Trump is a complete joke, but I will vote for him again
One bad joke deserves another.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:33 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,374,704 times
Quote:
Yea, Trump is a complete joke as far as accomplishing anything major as president. I doubt there will be any meaningful tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, ending of stupid wars, etc.

But ... Who else was there to vote for? Hillary? Marco Rubio? They are perhaps more predictable since they are mainstream Rs/Ds, but it's not like they would get anything meaningful done.

Bernie Sanders? Complete clown. I'm surprised his followers are dumb enough to take his act seriously and believe in his voodoo economics.

How about stalwart on the opposite side of the spectrum, such as Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he was president, because Congress could override his veto on anything. Same thing if Bernie Sanders was relected. The Rs and Ds are basically the same party and 2/3 of them will vote to keep borrowing (i.e. printing) money to transfer to the military-industrial complex, lawyer-industrial complex, welfare-industrial complex, accounting-industrial complex, prison-industrial complex, homeless-industrial complex, medical-industrial complex, etc.

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.

One of the dumbest posts on CD and that's saying a lot. This explains a lot about the ppl who back and support Trump.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:37 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,945,506 times
I'd like to now see John Kelly step forward and run for President. But he won't.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:44 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
Quote:
Yea, Trump is a complete joke as far as accomplishing anything major as president. I doubt there will be any meaningful tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, ending of stupid wars, etc.

But ... Who else was there to vote for? Hillary? Marco Rubio? They are perhaps more predictable since they are mainstream Rs/Ds, but it's not like they would get anything meaningful done.

Bernie Sanders? Complete clown. I'm surprised his followers are dumb enough to take his act seriously and believe in his voodoo economics.

How about stalwart on the opposite side of the spectrum, such as Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he was president, because Congress could override his veto on anything. Same thing if Bernie Sanders was relected. The Rs and Ds are basically the same party and 2/3 of them will vote to keep borrowing (i.e. printing) money to transfer to the military-industrial complex, lawyer-industrial complex, welfare-industrial complex, accounting-industrial complex, prison-industrial complex, homeless-industrial complex, medical-industrial complex, etc.

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.
The president controls troop movements. If the troops come home we will be more safe and it would revive the economy.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:56 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,269,374 times
Yes, Trump is a joke. He is also not HC, which is one thing in his favor. He is also appointing conservative judges and justices, which is a huge plus in his favor, no matter his idiocy, lying, and complete buffoonishness.

Trump's most lasting and important legacy will be the judicial branch.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:20 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,133,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
One of the dumbest posts on CD and that's saying a lot. This explains a lot about the ppl who back and support Trump.
Actually it's the reverse - it's one of the smarter posts I've read. The people (let me clarify: the middle class working people) have little control at all and putting Trump in there was our 'middle finger' against the establishment -- the Democrats, the Republicans, the system. It was a gamble that trying things differently might result in a clean up of the system. Trump's presidency is a work in process, he will be graded in 2020.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:21 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,728,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Yes, Trump is a joke. He is also not HC, which is one thing in his favor.
Still peddling the nonsense that Hillary was worse I see. That requires an epic level of delusion.

Quote:
He is also appointing conservative judges and justices, which is a huge plus in his favor, no matter his idiocy, lying, and complete buffoonishness.
Citizens United is the worst decision ever made by the Conservative Scotus. And some of us value our civil liberties, which conservatives want to remove.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:42 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,269,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Still peddling the nonsense that Hillary was worse I see. That requires an epic level of delusion.

Citizens United is the worst decision ever made by the Conservative Scotus. And some of us value our civil liberties, which conservatives want to remove.

Worse in quality, maybe not. She had no real qualifications other than riding Bill's.........um.... coattails, was a non entity as SoS, and showed the level of her executive skills by overseeing the absolute worst campaign in modern history, one so bad she couldn't even beat a guy that admitted to , at the least, fantasizing about sexually assaulting women. And she did it by losing traditional Dem strongholds.

But in terms of her effect on the country? Yes, far worse. Her judicial appointments alone would have ensured that the SJW insanity she pushed and lost on would have become institutionalized. The rest, well, a tossup between her and Trump. In terms of long term damage to the country, far worse.

Although she might have been the spark that truly lit the desire for secession among red states.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,728,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Worse in quality, maybe not. She had no real qualifications other than riding Bill's.........um.... coattails, was a non entity as SoS, and showed the level of her executive skills by overseeing the absolute worst campaign in modern history, one so bad she couldn't even beat a guy that admitted to , at the least, fantasizing about sexually assaulting women. And she did it by losing traditional Dem strongholds.
Oh please, she's very smart and has more experience than any other candidate. Everything she said on the campaign turned out to be true. You're peddling absolute nonsense. There is no question she is astronomically more qualified than Trump. The only reason people don't like her is decades of Republican smear campaigns and misogyny.

Quote:
But in terms of her effect on the country? Yes, far worse. Her judicial appointments alone would have ensured that the SJW insanity she pushed and lost on would have become institutionalized. The rest, well, a tossup between her and Trump. In terms of long term damage to the country, far worse.
What SJW insanity? Giving gays the right to marry? Citizens United is far far more damaging than liberal justices could ever dream of.

Quote:
Although she might have been the spark that truly lit the desire for secession among red states.
1) No red states have talked about that and 2) Red states can't survive without blue states except Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies