Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:49 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times

Advertisements

Yea, Trump is a complete joke as far as accomplishing anything major as president. I doubt there will be any meaningful tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, ending of stupid wars, etc.

But ... Who else was there to vote for? Hillary? Marco Rubio? They are perhaps more predictable since they are mainstream Rs/Ds, but it's not like they would get anything meaningful done.

Bernie Sanders? Complete clown. I'm surprised his followers are dumb enough to take his act seriously and believe in his voodoo economics.

How about stalwart on the opposite side of the spectrum, such as Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he was president, because Congress could override his veto on anything. Same thing if Bernie Sanders was relected. The Rs and Ds are basically the same party and 2/3 of them will vote to keep borrowing (i.e. printing) money to transfer to the military-industrial complex, lawyer-industrial complex, welfare-industrial complex, accounting-industrial complex, prison-industrial complex, homeless-industrial complex, medical-industrial complex, etc.

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Yea, Trump is a complete joke as far as accomplishing anything major as president. I doubt there will be any meaningful tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, ending of stupid wars, etc.

But ... Who else was there to vote for? Hillary? Marco Rubio? They are perhaps more predictable since they are mainstream Rs/Ds, but it's not like they would get anything meaningful done.

Bernie Sanders? Complete clown. I'm surprised his followers are dumb enough to take his act seriously and believe in his voodoo economics.

How about stalwart on the opposite side of the spectrum, such as Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he was president, because Congress could override his veto on anything. Same thing if Bernie Sanders was relected. The Rs and Ds are basically the same party and 2/3 of them will vote to keep borrowing (i.e. printing) money to transfer to the military-industrial complex, lawyer-industrial complex, welfare-industrial complex, accounting-industrial complex, prison-industrial complex, homeless-industrial complex, medical-industrial complex, etc.

Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites. The past 2 years of Trump being in the spotlight are some of the most political fun I've had. I don't care if The Wall is a waste of money; our country is going bankrupt anyways and we might as well watching the Star Wars Cantina of modern liberals get outraged for the next 8 years.
So you basically see the Presidential election as nothing more than a way to **** off people.

Can't say I'm really surprised that Trump voters have this attitude. Trump did say that the poorly educated voted for him

Old 10-19-2017, 09:55 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:

The next president will be a sort of cartoon character just like Trump. Maybe a liberal version. Who knows. These are the types of leaders you get when your country has become a banana republic.
Great, keep telling yourself all of that.

"Might as well vote for Trump because at least he pisses off liberal elites". Haha.

Yes, what a fantastic way to run a country. Voting for a 'complete joke'.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
The legislative system is broken. It could be made better with a ranking style of voting, a week long voting process, and funding caps or public funding of elections. But none of that will happen in my lifetime.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:01 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
So you basically see the Presidential election as nothing more than a way to **** off people.
Nowadays, yes.

We had to put up with 8 years of a character you invented -- a liberal elitist professor lecturing us from a TelePrompTer, who campaigned as some type of fabricated MLK figure from Chicago. We retaliated with a New York real estate mogul who wears a "Make America Great Again" hat and did 2-3 rallies per day in the Rust Belt and whose platform consisted of building a wall on the southern border and taking all the oil from Iraq.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:05 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,824 times
Quote:
Nowadays, yes.

We had to put up with 8 years of a character you invented -- a liberal elitist professor lecturing us from a TelePrompTer, who campaigned as some type of fabricated MLK figure from Chicago. We retaliated with a New York real estate mogul who wears a "Make America Great Again" hat and did 2-3 rallies per day in the Rust Belt and whose platform consisted of building a wall on the southern border and taking all the oil from Iraq.
You care more about offending your opponents than you do about improving your country.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:12 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times
The Trump neo-Nazi Cult is alive and well. If there is a God, may he deliver us from the anti-Christ.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Nowadays, yes.

I know where you are coming from.

Obama created Trump with his divisive rhetoric and constant whining about Republicans won't do this and Republicans always do that.
He started the fight, but it was a perfect storm of Reid, Pelosi, and both Clintons. The media has chosen sides and I don't see an end in sight.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:21 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Nowadays, yes.

So, to recap- to um...'retaliate' you didn't think of electing someone who could actually govern the country.
No, instead you elected some clueless real estate half-wit to err... get back at liberals. Okay then. Good job. It was all pre-planned!

Slight hitch in your cunning plan. Didn't think too hard about the tiny little detail that the Dotards idiocy would affect you as well?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
If the current system is ineffective, would Americans consider replacing it with paramilitary democracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies