Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 03:08 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't have hugged that Nazi. I don't ask why a Neo-Nazi hates me. It's just the way a Neo-Nazi is. They hate anyone that isn't White, and that is what it is. It is in their ideology. Hate is what they know.

agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 03:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are taught to hate. How can anyone hate someone merely by the pigmentation in their skin??

This is misguided and can be overcome. Just like Martin Luther King and his wisdom knowing we are more alike.

We should judge by character not skin color. Whoever started this concept is evil. Racism with no reason. We can do much better than this. We are one race,created by God and beautifully made. We are blessed by differences . I am so glad we are not clones and don't all look alike. We should appreciate our differences and know we are much more alike because we are all of the human race . A power so strong emanates from our spirit that transcends any differences we have.
You obviously don’t read your own posts on race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
LOL. You're funny. Exact reaction I was expecting. You didn't disappoint!

"my side". I don't have a side.
Dude, stop taking the bait. It’s pointless.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Hate comes from fear and fear comes from economic insecurity. If a different "group" is perceived to be competing for the same resources (jobs, money, land, food, etc), that group will be feared and hated.
Fear does not come solely from economic insecurity.

Fear comes from ignorance.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So a black dude hugs a Nazi, and the first thing that comes to YOUR mind is how many Blacks are racist, huh?

Lemme guess; Right wing Republican?
stockwiz was pointing out that whites are not the only racists that need to feel the love, and he is right that racism crosses ALL racial lines. and teh sooner we recognize that, the sooner was can ALL truly start to eliminate racism.

Quote:
Don’t be like that. This is a good story.

Some posters on here (that will go unnamed) are actually angry that the black dude didn’t punch the Nazi because it robbed them of the opportunity to paint a black dude as the bad guy. The poster I quoted in my last post is a good example, but he’s not the only one.

Anyway, just see it for what it is...a good moment.
i do agree that it is a good moment, and it needs to become a trend in society as a whole. lets hope that it does.

Quote:
Perhaps the most awesome way to handle this scenario.

We need to talk to each other.

I bet we'd find that when people hear other people's stories, it's much easier to relate to one another. And it breaks down divisions and gets people to see other perspectives more easily. Instead of viewing that person in front of you as an enemy, you'll see them as a person who is just trying to make their way through this thing called life.
well said. in the end we have to treat ALL people like we want to be treated. if you want to be treated with anger and derision, then treat people that way. i prefer to be friends with the people i meet, so i try to treat them that way. i dont always reach those lofty goals, in part because some wont allow anyone to be nice to them, but i still continue to try.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
stockwiz was pointing out that whites are not the only racists that need to feel the love, and he is right that racism crosses ALL racial lines. and teh sooner we recognize that, the sooner was can ALL truly start to eliminate racism.

i do agree that it is a good moment, and it needs to become a trend in society as a whole. lets hope that it does.

well said. in the end we have to treat ALL people like we want to be treated. if you want to be treated with anger and derision, then treat people that way. i prefer to be friends with the people i meet, so i try to treat them that way. i dont always reach those lofty goals, in part because some wont allow anyone to be nice to them, but i still continue to try.
No, Stockwiz was being a damn hater. We all know that racists come in every flavor. This thread wasn’t the forum for him to show how bitter he is that a black guy was the bigger man in this situation. He’d be more happy if the black dude had slugged him.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:50 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
You actually expect people to be sympathetic towards Nazis?

So a black dude hugs a Nazi, and the first thing that comes to YOUR mind is how many Blacks are racist, huh?

Lemme guess; Right wing Republican?
Moderate, libertarian leaning. I will criticize the right when needed. There are far more racist blacks per capita than racist whites. Fact. Can't handle that? Too bad. Maybe their feelings are justified. I haven't lived in their shoes.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:53 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, okay. I'd rather a Nazi hate me though, but to each his own.
I'd rather have a Nazi stop being one.

This story brought me to tears.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I consider you a SJW. And I'm hoping with all my heart your side doesn't hunt down the hugger and do him harm.
I bet you consider me one, too. I think what that guy did was absolutely beautiful.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Edit: I misread it.

Yes, I assigned you a side.

Ok. I consider you a SJW. And I hope SJWs like yourself don't get violent with the hugger as SJWs are known to do.
Please just stop.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
You can feel free to assign me a side - but it is this exact thinking that I think is a problem in this country. It's why I am politically Independent.

I don't even know what an "SJW" is (yes, I'm aware of what the acronym is - I've yet to see what it really is since people generally use it as a slur). You're welcome to call me whatever you want. I don't represent anyone else, and I am not responsible for what anyone else does.

My advice to you: treat people as individuals. Being that you claim to be a Libertarian (from previous posts here), I'd imagine this should be a central tenant of your thinking.
Now don't bust my balls too hard here.

Fair enough on me putting a collectivist label on you. I do appreciate the reprimand. Even I slip up.

But I've got my eye on you now. I'll hold you to the individual standard.

Let the games begin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies