Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:57 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Isn't that what it currently is? Like up to $20k isn't taxed,20-35k is 15%, 35-50 is 20%, 50-75k is 25% and so on?
That's how it is. The question was whether you would support everyone over a certain threshold paying the same percentage, say 15%. In the interest of fairness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 06:58 PM

46 posts, read 103,233 times
[quote=illinoisphotographer;49891343]Isn't that what it currently is? Like up to $20k isn't taxed,20-35k is 15%, 35-50 is 20%, 50-75k is 25% and so on?[/QUOTE

I haven't found the income brackets under the new plan. Have they been released?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:03 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
That's how it is. The question was whether you would support everyone over a certain threshold paying the same percentage, say 15%. In the interest of fairness.
I guess that's why I'm confused. If you're making say 100k you should be progressively taxed at that rate?

Or are you describing something different?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
How about cutting our over-inflated military budget first?

Defending the nation and its financial interests and investments abroad, is actually what the government is suppose to be doing.
Keep the States from fighting among themselves over commerce
Treating all States equally
Defending our nation and its investments.

Other than that, the Federal Government had no other business, until the 16th Amendment was passed. Now, we pay directly, instead of indirectly. You are taxed for things you don't use or even have, today, to pay for that bloated Defense Budget. Guns and ships get more expensive to make everyday, with the fed manipulating the monetary supply.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
I guess that's why I'm confused. If you're making say 100k you should be progressively taxed at that rate?

Or are you describing something different?
No. What I'm asking is if you would support a non progressive tax rate. Everyone pays the exact same percentage, no deductions or breaks.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:51 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Defending the nation and its financial interests and investments abroad, is actually what the government is suppose to be doing.
Keep the States from fighting among themselves over co...
Defending the nation -- I'm with you there, BentBow

But defending financial interests and investments abroad? Really?

Why can't Exxon-Mobil, etc. hire Blackwater or the French Foreign Legion themselves? Why should American taxpayers should be picking up their tab?

Is there something in the Constitution on this?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:00 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I knew these greedy bastards were going to get around to cutting medicare. The seniors should all protest. This is bad for them. Republicans don’t care as long as the rich are taken care of.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:21 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Stealing less of rich people's income via taxation, is not the same as raising their income. SMH.

The rich pay WAY more in taxes, but it's the "poor" that pay virtually no tax and expect free food, education, healthcare etc. And they expect the rich to pay for it.
What has happened to this country. When did we become so self serving and not caring about those less unfortunate. The 1% spend money like it's growing on trees so I'm sure paying taxes don't hurt them one bit. When you can spend thousands of dollars on a purse then I'm pretty sure you can afford the taxes.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Defending the nation -- I'm with you there, BentBow

But defending financial interests and investments abroad? Really?

Why can't Exxon-Mobil, etc. hire Blackwater or the French Foreign Legion themselves? Why should American taxpayers should be picking up their tab?

Is there something in the Constitution on this?

The world fights for control of it's resources. Without resources, you are going to struggle, in small town life. The big scale, has America getting some at the expense of the weaker.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Zero The income tax is theft.
If there was no income tax there would be no money for the military, disease prevention agencies, highways and bridges, NASA, police and fire departments, Medicare, Medicaid, the FDA and EPA, prisons, wildlife protection agencies, worker safety sets, the coast guard, dredged shipping canals, government agencies to protect us from terrorists, boarder patrol agencies, government funded research, ex.ex.

And the main difference between a country like Afghanistan and America is America has a well funded government and a advanced and secure infrastructure supported by our government.

But like the liberals say "it takes a village."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies