Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 12:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Waldo it is 2 to 3 million at any one time, not it "total". You should spend more time learning and understanding before jumping to conclusions...

and with 40% of Trump voters saying FOX NEWS is their primary source of news that means at least 25 MILLION Trump supporter get their news from Fox.

25 million Trump supporters get their news from FOX. in short you are wrong waldo. and yes waldo the REAL numbers do speak for themselves even as they completely contradict you..
However, nothing that you presented proves that those people are making their voting decisions based on what they see on Fox News.

I'm not saying such proof doesn't exist, only that you didn't present it.

-----------------

I'm pro choice.

Let's say someone I'll name 'Person A' is not pro choice, and that that is the overriding issue for Person A.

Let's also say that Person A won't vote for a candidate outside of the two major parties because they view that as 'throwing away their vote'.

Given the above, Person A would not have voted for Hillary. It wouldn't matter if Person A had never viewed Fox News for even one second, or if Person A watched Fox News sixteen hours a day/seven days a week, Person A would still vote for Trump rather than Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 01:16 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, let me explain it to you. Has nothing to do with not having a platform to win, but everything to do with the need to get Donald Trump out of the WH. Bottom line, Trump is so unqualified and so mentally unstable that he is more than just a problem, he is dangerous as Hell. He has created an environment that is so toxic and dysfunctional that it threatens us on so many levels.

Everything Steyer said was absolutely correct. The inmates are running the asylum.

However, Steyer isn't telling us anything about Trump, that we don't already know. Is the fact that he's a billionaire, going to add enough weight to his plea to have him impeached, that congress or enough cabinet members will take action? Don't hold your breath.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So? As Waldo said Fox viewership is less than 4% of people who voted for Trump and clearly at least half of those viewers are liberals foaming at the mouth just waiting for anything they can take out of context and post online.

Where has anyone said NO Trump supporters watch Fox? Nowhere outside of your own mind.
Yet Pew Research says its 40%. So not just inside my own mind.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do I want trump gone, you betcha, but what he states in his add are not quite the entire truth because trump did not bring us to the brink of nuclear war is not true, we have been headed down this road for many years, he has not handled as well as I think he could but he did not bring us there, the nutjob in NK did. Obstruction of justice is a dicey issue, and most law experts say what trump did was not really enough to win the case in Congress. Being unhinged is also dicey, has trump been official declared mentally incompetent by an accredited doctor that has talked with him one on one, so unless he does something overtly crazy then it is doubtful this would lead to anything. The man sounded scared and in part I do not blame him, but this in my opinion is the Wrong way to go about attempting to remove trump. I believe that this must be done through the legal ways and that means one has to be able to prove corruption and crimes and that is why we have a Special Prosecutor to get to the bottom of the entire mess. Personally all I want is the truth, and yes I think the truth will be trumps undoing, but If he is shown to have not done anything wrong then I have to accept it and live with it, simple as that. To circumvent the legal system and just impeach him because he makes us nervous or because he is not competent in our opinion is the wrong way it would lead to the demise of the Nation most likely through open warfare.
As for FOX, they support the President and it is their business and can decide what they will allow to be run in their air time. Let me ask, should CNN be required to run an ad for Neo-Nazis or KKK? We both know that they should not be, same rule applies for FOX or any other news station.
If any "news" station is supporting any politician they shouldn't call themselves news.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
I’m for anything that will call attention to and address the obvious deterioration of President Trump’s mental state which is a clear & present danger to the world.

America has been plunged into a real life Americanized version of the movie ‘The Maddness of King George’.

Steyer is heavily invested in the stalled carbon-credit scam (CCX) that, if successful, would have emptied all of our 401k's, depositing the money we all spent decades accumulating into an inflation-driven bubble that, unlike the housing market collapse, would impact everything we touch.

Having failed to win back the Senate doing Obama's second term (key to passing Cap and Trade), he has obviously gone off the rails.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If any "news" station is supporting any politician they shouldn't call themselves news.
Yes. And the converse is true as well. If one is true, then the other has to be true.

If any “news” station is opposing any politician they shouldn’t call themselves news.

None of the big three are truly “news”.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:21 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
However, nothing that you presented proves that those people are making their voting decisions based on what they see on Fox News.

I'm not saying such proof doesn't exist, only that you didn't present it.

-----------------

I'm pro choice.

Let's say someone I'll name 'Person A' is not pro choice, and that that is the overriding issue for Person A.

Let's also say that Person A won't vote for a candidate outside of the two major parties because they view that as 'throwing away their vote'.

Given the above, Person A would not have voted for Hillary. It wouldn't matter if Person A had never viewed Fox News for even one second, or if Person A watched Fox News sixteen hours a day/seven days a week, Person A would still vote for Trump rather than Hillary.
However i was not trying to prove anything beyond that Waldo made up some rubbish and it needed to be corrected.

i did that rather well and completely refuted Waldo's nonsensical premise.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:37 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
The democrats have sooo many problems and now this guy is one of them. Nancy Pelosi has asked him to s.t.f.u. Lets get back to governing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies