Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 04:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,760,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Let's see. Trump has admitted molesting women. Has cheated many in business. And tells a lie every day. Sounds like some of the conservative Christians to me.
He's also been married 3 times, which is a big no-no. And his obsession with wealth is directly attacked by Jesus.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:09 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,374,690 times
Anyone, who follows any dogmatic orthodoxy, whether it be a historical religion or the modern-day religion of leftism is a fool. The only doctrine we need to follow is the pursuit of liberty and the necessary elements of emphasis on the individual, free enterprise and the rule of law, which have proven beyond a doubt with mountains of data that it is the absolute best system to provide abundance and prosperity.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,437,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
What a nut-case! You must wear a wig, a sparkled cowgirl hat, fake eyelashes, and heavy makeup.
Another wacko has shown up.
Oh look, it's another supposed Jesus lover showing us how compassionate and Jesus-like it is.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
2 attempts to deflect from the topic, denied
Both were on topic and in response to the comments YOU made. So you have shown yourself to be a hypocrite, like most conservatives, which Jesus most certainly was not.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Jesus was not a Democrat or Republican. Period. He is God's Son, and that's all there is to it. I just wish liberals who don't believe in Him use Jesus as a hammer to bash cons over the head with, and I'd wish cons would stop dragging Jesus through the mud justifying whatever madness they believe in. Politics is human, it has nothing to do with God or the Son. Period
Agreed, but again - WHO tends to pulls religion into politics - liberals or conservatives? I'll give you one guess...

Old 10-21-2017, 04:20 PM

19,806 posts, read 12,071,297 times
Looks like this troll thread is sowing just what OP intended. A Jerry Springer episode has less drama and personal attacks. Wallow in the mud.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump is the right-wing Christians' version of the Golden Calf. They worship an idol. An evil one at that.
The mere notion of calling oneself a Christian and shilling for Trump is enough to make one's skin crawl.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:38 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,560,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
This thread is a great example of why politics and religion should never, ever mix.

There is nobody - again, nobody - in this day and age who actually follows the rules of the Christian Bible. About 99% of the so-called Christian population are breaking commandments and tenets every single day - but the OP is worried about the ones who support Trump?

I suppose that for the OP we could go back to living by the Bible - although I wasn't a very good Christian to begin with, nor did I make a strong attempt to live according to the gospels.

You see, living according to the gospels would mean that all of our clothing would have to be made from pure cloth. That's right, no mixed blends of thread like linen and cotton: that was a no-no according to Leviticus.

Also according to Leviticus, men are required to have long hair and beards. So to the OP, is your hair down to your waist, and your beard as well?

And Leviticus strikes again. Apparently Leviticus was big on rules, but whatever. OP, have you ever eaten shellfish? If so, you aren't a very good Christian.

Man, this Leviticus guy was seriously into restrictions. How about it ladies? Do you want to be considered "unclean" because your body is performing a natural function that, according to Christians, was designed into you by God? I would ask my wife, but I prefer to not have things thrown at me.

Hey, Leviticus finally gave us something that we can do. Of course, that something is so morally reprehensible that I seriously doubt anyone is really interested in bringing it back. I mean, we did fight a pretty big war to get rid of slavery. But hey, if we're all going to live according to scripture, here's a scripture that we aren't following.

Finally, just so that I can't be accused of only picking on Leviticus - who, by the way, was apparently such a control freak that he made Hitler look easy going - let's take one from Deuteronomy:

So, apparently if your children don't do exactly what you say it's perfectly okay to throw rocks at them until they die.

You know, when I think about it I'm pretty sure that I have no interest in living by the scriptures of the Christian Bible. While the basic idea of Christianity is a pretty good foundation for getting along in life, I'm pretty sure that I don't want any of the things in this post to become law. How about we move along with politics and religion being separate? Seems like a pretty good idea to me.
Christian are not under the tenants of the " Mosaic Law " they are under the tenant of the " New Covenant " not the Old Covenant.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:46 AM

24,071 posts, read 32,392,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
How many times has cheetoh even been to church since the inauguration?

Like NEVER. He attended First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica Estates as a child.

He has also attended Marble Collegiate church - Norman Vincent Peal's church, which is also in the Reformed tradition. That is where he met Marla Maples. The two were married there.

Both churches have decried Trump's policies and have said that he is not a member, nor does he attend services.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:54 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,160,374 times
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Christian are not under the tenants of the " Mosaic Law " they are under the tenant of the " New Covenant " not the Old Covenant.
The only laws that done away with are the sacrificial/ceremonial laws pointing to Christ's death on the cross. Those are the law of Moses.

The Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath, and the dietary laws still stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies