Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,899,623 times

Advertisements

Trump's tax cuts include huge cuts in Medicare besides the Medicaid cuts.

Guess who loses with Trump's tax plan? (opinion) - CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
Did you read these lines or is your hate for Trump blind?

"So some seniors may see both their Medicaid and Medicare benefits slashed."
"The good news is that the Senate budget passed Thursday is only a blueprint for tax reform."

And an article from CNN I am sure will be totally unbiased and honest.

And didn't your idol steal some from Medicare?
Obamacare Robs Medicare of $716 Billion to Fund Itself

Old 10-24-2017, 06:25 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,899,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Did you read these lines or is your hate for Trump blind?

"So some seniors may see both their Medicaid and Medicare benefits slashed."
"The good news is that the Senate budget passed Thursday is only a blueprint for tax reform."

And an article from CNN I am sure will be totally unbiased and honest.

And didn't your idol steal some from Medicare?
Obamacare Robs Medicare of $716 Billion to Fund Itself
"A blueprint for tax reform". Sure, why not cut from the average person and give to the ultra rich?

I don't care who cuts Medicare (the mod moved this to "politics" from the retirement health care forum which is where I posted it)- we would all suffer- including you- whether now or eventually. To me, this is not politics, it's health!!

PS if you think The Daily Signal is unbiased, you are much mistaken. Look it up. It is as biased as they come.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:28 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
The GOP platform is to serve the rich and screw the poor, old, and sick, so this kind of thing is already expected with anything they do.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:30 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
"A blueprint for tax reform". Sure, why not cut from the average person and give to the ultra rich?

I don't care who cuts Medicare (the mod moved this to "politics" from the retirement health care forum which is where I posted it)- we would all suffer- including you- whether now or eventually. To me, this is not politics, it's health!!

PS if you think The Daily Signal is unbiased, you are much mistaken. Look it up. It is as biased as they come.
It seems you know where the cuts are going to be inside of Medicare... I would like to know how you will suffer exactly? Are your premiums going up? Is your coverage getting less? What exactly? Or are you exploding into tantrums without even understanding what is happening? Obama cut 700 billion for Obamacare, have you noticed it in your medicare benefits? Or are you falling for liberal rhetoric.... again....

Old 10-24-2017, 06:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

The standard liberal whine of tax cuts for the rich meme.

Just like the the term racism, overused and untrue.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The GOP platform is to serve the rich and screw the poor, old, and sick, so this kind of thing is already expected with anything they do.
The Dim platform is to turn us into Venezuela where no one can afford toilet paper.....I'll take the GOP option.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:11 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
The rich pay millions in federal tax while 45% of America pays nothing. But yeah it's the rich who are screwing everyone. Grow up.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:14 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
how do you give a tax cut to people who don't pay taxes?

Old 10-24-2017, 07:47 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
how do you give a tax cut to people who don't pay taxes?
They are the same that take (in the form of benefits) from the federal government. So we reduce their benefits. They are still taking money out of the pockets of others, but less so.

How about no more junk food / soda on food stamps! Soda is the #1 food stamp purchase. That's got to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies