Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Somehow, I don't think it will really matter to you WHO started it, when a missile is coming down your chimney. The goal is to keep ANYONE from starting it.
meh, if one does come down my chimney, i dont think it will matter at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 10:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,083,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
However, he cannot be Constitutionally impeached for this reason.
That's actually not true. Congress can impeach a president for basically anything. If they felt the president was rising a war that would be too costly and fully unnecessary, they can absolutely move to impeach him.

Frankly, the biggest thing stopping Trump from being impeached isn't a lack of precedent; it's the (R) that follows his name, and that would be the problem even in a Democratic majority. Party politics runs deep. And let's be real, if the roles were reversed, the Democrats would tolerate an outsider, ****ing their party image up if it means they have the White House.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:16 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,657,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The evil orange clown should be impeached and tried for treason.
I agree with that comment. One could invoke the 25th Amendment.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That's actually not true. Congress can impeach a president for basically anything. If they felt the president was rising a war that would be too costly and fully unnecessary, they can absolutely move to impeach him.

Frankly, the biggest thing stopping Trump from being impeached isn't a lack of precedent; it's the (R) that follows his name, and that would be the problem even in a Democratic majority. Party politics runs deep. And let's be real, if the roles were reversed, the Democrats would tolerate an outsider, ****ing their party image up if it means they have the White House.
The Republican Leadership dislikes trump with a passion, the Special Prosecutor would never be appointed had they not been willing to deal with the results, plus they would still have the Whitehouse and they can claim he was never one of them to begin with. Don't underestimate the hate many Repubs have for trump and they are powerful Repubs.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
The video addresses this.

The issue at hand right now is Donald Trump and potential global nuclear war. It really doesn't matter what Hillary or Obama may have gotten away with that they shouldn't have.
Potential global nuclear war.. haha

If thats not fear mongering, nothing is..

WarGames (1983) - IMDb

Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the only way there will be a nuclear war is if NK starts it.
That's what MW says... she's afraid that if NK attacks us.... Trump will start a nuclear war.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:48 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Here is a great video and I agree with it completely. Trump needs to go before he invokes a global nuclear holocaust that is completely unnecessary. He doesn't have the temperament to be in such a powerful position at a time such as this. However, he cannot be Constitutionally impeached for this reason. The Left have latched on to the Rüssia thing, but I think it's becoming more and more of a wild goose chase. I think there is definitely something there but it will reveal corruption on both sides of the aisle and will take longer to get to the bottom of than we have.

Let's impeach Trump and do it for business conflicts of interest and taking money from foreign governments. We have to get rid of him. The fate of our nation, species, and planet depends on it.
Do you realize how this sounds?

Forget the laws in place... let's just impeach him because I'm scared.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,076,341 times
not happening

Old 10-25-2017, 12:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,110,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you realize how this sounds?

Forget the laws in place... let's just impeach him because I'm scared.
I know, right. Just talk impeachment simply for him running as a republican. The Hillary fans are so far gone. They've been so brainwashed there is no turning back for them now. Indeed a mental illness.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I know, right. Just talk impeachment simply for him running as a republican. The Hillary fans are so far gone. They've been so brainwashed there is no turning back for them now. Indeed a mental illness.
I don't want to die this year. That's what this is about. I don't want to be vaporized in a nuclear blast. I don't want to die of radiation-induced cancer. I don't want to have to live through a nuclear winter. Why is that so hard to understand?

I could care less about Hillary. I just don't want to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies